kdavva74

Hotel? Trivago.
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
This isn't really a story per se, but I have an FM15 save with Adelaide United in 2072 that I've always wanted to document so I figured here's a nice place to do it.

Club Overview New

kdavva74

Hotel? Trivago.
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
1616507909594.png

Adelaide United Football Club are a professional association football club based in Adelaide, South Australia. Known as The Reds, they are the most successful club in Australian and Asian football history, winning over 50 domestic titles and 18 Asian Champions Leagues. Founded in 2003, Adelaide United enjoyed little success until the appointment of Adelaide-born Hugo Montgomery as manager in 2014; since then, they have won 36 of a possible 57 A-League championships including an unprecedented eight consecutive championships from 2026 to 2033. Montgomery's incredible 58 year managerial career at the club is a world record.

The club is also well-known for it's 'Aussie cantera' youth policy, with the club having only fielded South Australian born players for most of its existence. Introduced by Montgomery on his arrival at the club, Adelaide United have not fielded a player born outside of the state since 2018 and their youth academy has gone onto produce world class talent including Rob Hiern, Greg Rayner and Daniel McDonald.

Adelaide United play out of Commonwealth Stadium, a 65,000-capacity stadium in the Adelaide parklands, known for sponsorship purposes as Farmer's Union Stadium. The ground was built in 2033 to replace the club's original home ground, Hindmarsh Stadium, and had an initial capacity of 36,000, but has reached its current capacity after redevelopments in 2052 and 2056 and is now the third largest sporting venue in the country. The Reds boast an average attendance of over 60,000 which is the largest average home crowd of any sporting club in Australia.

Remove this Banner Ad