Adelaide United FC Thread: Champions (2015-16), Premiers (2005-06, 2015-16), FFA Cup (2014) Winners

Who will win the premiership and championship in 2016?

• Adelaide United

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Adelaide United

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • no other choice sorry

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Cirio has been a great servant but tbh he is easily replaceable. His end product has always been on and off and he doesn't score enough goals for mine. He has been a fan favourite and some people won't like the decision but we can replace him.

The other 3 besides McGowan we won't miss either I don't think. Thankfully Hackarounas is gone.

Also when does pre-season training start? By that time I want to have the whole squad and a manager appointed so we can give this season a red hot crack

mells should've been so much better than he was. never kicked on. whether injury played a part i dont know, but there was nothing to his game. wasnt an enforcer, wasn't able to recycle possession, wasn't a passer. just did nothing.

need to get a coach in, and get players to fit the style he wants to play. the lot that are there now at least know how to play a couple of ways.

mells should've been so much better than he was. never kicked on. whether injury played a part i dont know, but there was nothing to his game. wasnt an enforcer, wasn't able to recycle possession, wasn't a passer. just did nothing.

need to get a coach in, and get players to fit the style he wants to play. the lot that are there now at least know how to play a couple of ways.
Mells actually went backwards in his time here. Was a pretty good attacking mid prospect during his time in England and if you look at some of his YouTube clips his passing range is superb.

Don't know why he didn't work here but best of luck to him. So to with Cirio, great bloke and good player.

It's always a hard time of year.

Mells actually went backwards in his time here. Was a pretty good attacking mid prospect during his time in England and if you look at some of his YouTube clips his passing range is superb.

Don't know why he didn't work here but best of luck to him. So to with Cirio, great bloke and good player.

It's always a hard time of year.
yeah i remember at the time having a look back at some of his clips and he really took games on. you would've thought in this side which focused on passing he would've excelled. but it never came out of the locker. just drifted through games. nothing against him, we never know the full story, but he fell drastically short of any expectations i thought.

Yes just for LOLs

The players did rate him, to a man, but said he didn't work for whatever reason. Only played him in his correct spot for 2 weeks and they were his best weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good, thats definetly required. Have we possibly learnt from our mistakes ??

I want a local coach this time around. I do not want Batistuta who has never actually coached a team before, regardless of what badges and accreditations he has

Amor hadn't coached either.

I honestly don't care where they come from as long as they have similar philosophies to what has made us successful. No local coach has that bar maybe Arthur Pappas

Kavacevic on AA was interesting yesterday, said Eugene and Carusca will likely be offered new deals but prefer to let the new coach make the call.
Should be named by the end of month

Izzo and Euge back together again ?? Couldnt hope for a better mentor.

Hard to imagine either wanting to play 2nd fiddle, with a very talented Margush waiting in the wings.

Still think Eugene will end up in a coaching role as there isn't a great deal of first 11 options available he could walk into. He's probably a better keeper than half of them but he would need to work for it and with his body starting to let him down could he be bothered ??

Honestly I'd rather Eugene retire and become the goalkeeping coach. Izzo came here to be number 1. I doubt he would have signed if he wasn't told he was going to be?

He would have been given assurances still. That's why I reckon Eugene is mulling over a coaching deal.

Back