Adelaide United FC Thread: Champions (2015-16), Premiers (2005-06, 2015-16), FFA Cup (2014) Winners

Who will win the premiership and championship in 2016?

• Adelaide United

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Adelaide United

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • no other choice sorry

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

2 more imports coming, both attacking players, and one more defender according to Kovacevic. 2 imports might be a while.

All 3 will be experienced players due to the youthful nature of our squad. I didn't think it was THAT young to be honest. Starting 11 that has Gulum, Marrone, Isaias, Diawara, Absalonsen and probably Regan early on has more than enough experience.

Trial game at Marden on Wednesday, Absalonsen set to debut. Baba and Gulum to suit up next week.

None at all. We need to make sure they're the right ones though. Mauk looks like heading back to $$ity

Read on another forum that Victory still have another 10 players to sign. Makes us look much better.

None at all. We need to make sure they're the right ones though. Mauk looks like heading back to $$ity

Read on another forum that Victory still have another 10 players to sign. Makes us look much better.
Why on earth would he want to go back to City after he gave them so much s**t last year? Bit disappointing if true.

Well no Mauk now. Appears as though we will sign one of Elsey or Lia, and then probably Marino, as well as two more foreign players who will likely be wingers/midfielders. Also room for one more extra signing if that is the case depending on cap room

confused as to why mauk wouldnt come back here. less competition, and it's the place that earnt you the move. odd.

if elsey is fit and ready come round 1 then that's a no brainer. he's more than good enough. if i was marino i probably wouldn't bother though. barely got a look in when we could barely get shots on target.

Different coach, that might help him get a look in. Pleeeeeeeeeease don't sign Vince Lia.

As for Mauk, all about money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon it's our Aussie signings that will make the difference. Not too many good ones left

This season's expectations:
FFA Cup: Make it into the quarter finals
League: Make it into the finals series, and hopefully we finish high enough to also qualify for champions league!
I really hope a few of the youngsters can really earn some first team football this year, just like last year

We are bucking the trend when it comes to youth, we are well above the A League average for first team players from youth teams.

Kurz actually mentioned he wants us to be THE club that young stars want to play for and use as a stepping stone to Europe. Hence why we are training almost double what we did last off season, so as to better prepare players for higher honours.

I want to make the top 4, but we might be behind Victory, Sydney and AUFC Lite (City). Reckon it'll be a very competitive year.

As for the Cup, would take getting past Newcastle next week after last year !!!

Could be a Regan type signing that isn't as bad as we initially thought. I sure hope so. He's a solid professional and he won't be starting 11, at least we actually gave the bloke a trial first so he must have done ok.

5 signings to go including Visa spots.

Back