Adelaide United FC Thread: Champions (2015-16), Premiers (2005-06, 2015-16), FFA Cup (2014) Winners

Who will win the premiership and championship in 2016?

• Adelaide United

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Adelaide United

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • no other choice sorry

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I dunno but I read on a couple of websites that he said goodbye to his teammates and the club last week and is heading to Australia so let's just wait and see what transpires this week.

We also could have been purchased by Chinese investors but the deal fell through because Griffin demanded a sale price nearly double what they were willing to pay for the club according to goal.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would rather be locally owned, whether or not these guys are the right ones or not is the question

In a salary capped league it's less important

Yeah, it would also allow us to offer 1 million + for a marquee a la Tim Cahill.
And what good has that done them ?? Newcastle are Chinese owned and finished bottom, Tony Sage is one of the richest men in Australia and Perth have won squat.

Good teams win titles, or City would win the EPL, MLS and the A League every year. Should their come a time when the salary cap gets boned, and it will, then we look at it

And what good has that done them ?? Newcastle are Chinese owned and finished bottom, Tony Sage is one of the richest men in Australia and Perth have won squat.

Good teams win titles, or City would win the EPL, MLS and the A League every year. Should their come a time when the salary cap gets boned, and it will, then we look at it
1,000,000 for a marquee. Cahill is just a recent example. I wouldn't have spent it on his old arse, but we could get a gun player for that. Leagues above A-League level. Adelaide are very good at overseas recruiting. League-best in my opinion.

1,000,000 for a marquee. Cahill is just a recent example. I wouldn't have spent it on his old arse, but we could get a gun player for that. Leagues above A-League level. Adelaide are very good at overseas recruiting. League-best in my opinion.
You get no return on investment

Thing is, we play in a 16K stadium and have a supporter base who largely want to stay there. You spend 1mil on a player in a 16K stadium and you'll pay it back for a million years

Adelaide United won't be there forever. Start bringing in Del Piero types. Watch crowds increase. Play more games at AO. Sell more shirts. Sell more memberships. Get return on investments. It's the long game.

You are being very short-sighted imo.

Adelaide United won't be there forever. Start bringing in Del Piero types. Watch crowds increase. Play more games at AO. Sell more shirts. Sell more memberships. Get return on investments. It's the long game.

You are being very short-sighted imo.
No actually I'm not, I'm telling you what most of our supporters want, not what I do. I'd be happy to move to a bigger purpose built stadium.

The thing is, marquee signings like ADP are short term fixes. We as a club are never going to compete monetarily with the likes of the East coast sides.

Griffin has said it himself that we won't bother with big money signings as it is financially not viable

Back