Adelaide United FC Thread: Champions (2015-16), Premiers (2005-06, 2015-16), FFA Cup (2014) Winners

Who will win the premiership and championship in 2016?

• Adelaide United

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Adelaide United

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • no other choice sorry

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

No actually I'm not, I'm telling you what most of our supporters want, not what I do. I'd be happy to move to a bigger purpose built stadium.

The thing is, marquee signings like ADP are short term fixes. We as a club are never going to compete monetarily with the likes of the East coast sides.

Griffin has said it himself that we won't bother with big money signings as it is financially not viable
With cashed-up Chinese owners, it can be.

That's the whole point.

Then why hasn't it worked for Newcastle ?? I'd rather grow like the Victory off our own backs.

To do that, IMO we need to leave Hindmarsh.

Then why hasn't it worked for Newcastle ?? I'd rather grow like the Victory off our own backs.

To do that, IMO we need to leave Hindmarsh.
Because Newcastle has been a poorly run basketcase.

I agree, we need to leave Hindmarsh. We've outgrown it.

Hopefully, with Adelaide United winning a Premiership recently as well as Adelaide Crows women and Adelaide Crows men (;)), the groundswell of public jubilation will get a purpose-built stadium back on the agenda and pull the government's finger out.

Problem is they have no interest in doing it and all their money has gone into the nRAH.

My round 1 team. Thoughts?
Paul Izzo

Ben Garuccio
Ersan Gulum
Taylor Regan
Michael Marrone

Isaias
Daniel Adlung
Karim Matmour

Johan Absalonsen
Baba Diawara
Nikola Mileusnic

SUBS
Daniel Margush (gk)
George Blackwood
Jordan O’Doherty
Nathan Konstandopoulos
Jordan Elsey

OMITTED
Ryan Kitto
Ben Warland
Mark Ochieng
Lachlan Brook
Ryan Strain (youth)
Kristin Konstandopoulos (youth)
Apostlos Stametopoulos (youth)

UNAVAILABLE
Tarek Elrich (inj)
Vince Lia (susp)

Don't reckon Adlung will start just yet, nor Baba. The club were pretty disappointed in the condition he came back in, although it wasn't all his own doing. Gulum MIGHT start but not 100%

Should have enough to win.

Is it just me or are the HAL and TWG Facebook pages over the top Berisha at the moment. I thought it was bad with Cahill but it’s tough having this prick’s face everywhere

Don't reckon Adlung will start just yet, nor Baba. The club were pretty disappointed in the condition he came back in, although it wasn't all his own doing. Gulum MIGHT start but not 100%

Should have enough to win.

What happened with Baba?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back