Adelaide United FC Thread: Champions (2015-16), Premiers (2005-06, 2015-16), FFA Cup (2014) Winners

Who will win the premiership and championship in 2016?

• Adelaide United

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Adelaide United

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • no other choice sorry

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

lol what are you smoking bro???
He would be far far more important to our side than the other guys, plus he works both ways which is something the other guys don't. Maybe I overreached a bit but not much.

He's the MVP, but not the best. Without him we are nothing. The bigger clubs without their best player aren't hurt as much as we are without Isaias.

TOP 3 CDM this league has ever had.

Then we have the players......

Eugene has been a warrior, a legend for our club but I can't help think with his body failing him that last year was the time to go. Perhaps with all the other losses he felt he needed to stay, fair enough too but I hope the rumours of Izzo returning are correct.

Marrone has been OK since returning, nothing more. But why was he left out last night ?? Baffling decision by Amor.

La Rocca..... LOL. Almost mirroring his time at the Wanderers. First year great, 2nd diabolical. Would rather have Regan or Ryan McGowan.

DMac looks like a guy who wants out. You don't know how much the ongoing issues with his Dad are playing on his mind but he hasn't been good enough.

Regan has done better than I thought, and appears to have a decent mindset but he just isn't good enough long term.

Ricky was given a starting guarentee.... that alone speaks volumes of our recruiting. He got injured but I can't see why we signed him as a starter when he was only ever a super sub.

Isaias is the best player in this league. Forget Rojas, Ninkovic and Castro. He must be made captain next season.

Guardiola was the most talented striker we had since Qu. Too often he worked in the wrong areas for a striker which appears to be a coaching directive. Right decision to move.

Chelo still has the skills and the tricks but he shouldn't be a guaranteed starter. If he doesn't like that then, sadly, he can leave.

Cirio is a foreigner who hasn't scored a goal in over a year..... Looks OK as a 10 but utterly hopeless infront of goal.

Ochieng is Travis Dodd without the work rate. Has pace to burn but doesn't know how to use it and refuses to track back. Worth keeping around though.

Marino must've shagged Amor's wife. Enough said.

Mells came with big wraps but has disappointed. At 19 has time on his side but maybe at another club.

Ben Warland wanted to move at seasons end, he should have.

Makarounas, worst recruit of the year.

Mileusnic is starting to look at home, just needs to stay fit.

McGree is a gem. Could be our next Mauk.

Garrucio has had some wonderful games but does have his defensive lapses. I hope we keep him around.

Hall may never be a brilliant keeper but he's been dudded by his defence. I'd rather play Margush but we'd ruin him too.

What has happened to Tarek Elrich ?? His good moments have been few and far between.

Kitto, not good enough for all his effort.

Elsey would be happy he hasn't had to face this.

O'Doherty will be a gun once he puts on a bit more size. Build around him.

And finally the big recruit James Holland. We saw that in his last 2 games, he is a very talented player who was played out of position. We were only ever a stepping stone to a higher paycheck though.

Sorry for the ranting posts guys !!!!
I was going to do this last night but decided against it due to my frustration. I'll just say who I think we should keep/let go.

Galekovic - go
Hall - stay
Margush - stay
Marrone - stay
LaRocca - gtfo
McGowan - stay
Regan - go
Warland - go
Elsey - stay
Garuccio - stay
Elrich - stay
Ochieng - go
Isaias - new captain
Carrusca - go
Cirio - stay
Mells - stay
Makarounas - lol
McGree - stay
Mileusnic - stay
Kitto - go
O'Doherty - stay
Marino - stay

So that's 8 to go not including the 3 new recruits. Obviously it won't pan exactly like this but it's how I'd like to see it unfold.

He would be far far more important to our side than the other guys, plus he works both ways which is something the other guys don't. Maybe I overreached a bit but not much.

I agree he's been a very good and important player for you guys.. but to just dismiss Rojas, Ninkovic and Castro as if there not in Isaias league? come on seriously?? I like you man but that's just a plain idiotic statement! Castro absolute destroyed you guys last night! you would have seen it with your own eyes!

I'd love to sign a quality Aussie defender and of course a guy like Nathan Burns. Ben Halloran might be available too.

Assuming best case 2 of our newbies go well and look to stay, we'd have room for 6 new players.

I agree he's been a very good and important player for you guys.. but to just dismiss Rojas, Ninkovic and Castro as if there not in Isaias league? come on seriously?? I like you man but that's just a plain idiotic statement! Castro absolute destroyed you guys last night! you would have seen it with your own eyes!
He's in their league for sure, nowhere did I say he's well above them. He gets next to no recognition when compared with those guys and he's equally as good.

Castro did destroy us last night, but he was allowed to do so with ease. Meanwhile an 18yo McGree was almost a lone hand against him

City and Sydney chased him hard and offered him more money

I was going to do this last night but decided against it due to my frustration. I'll just say who I think we should keep/let go.

Galekovic - go
Hall - stay
Margush - stay
Marrone - stay
LaRocca - gtfo
McGowan - stay
Regan - go
Warland - go
Elsey - stay
Garuccio - stay
Elrich - stay
Ochieng - go
Isaias - new captain
Carrusca - go
Cirio - stay
Mells - stay
Makarounas - lol
McGree - stay
Mileusnic - stay
Kitto - go
O'Doherty - stay
Marino - stay

So that's 8 to go not including the 3 new recruits. Obviously it won't pan exactly like this but it's how I'd like to see it unfold.
Cirio, Isaias and Chelo all become Aussies during the year.

Keeping 2 of them could prove handy.

Cirio, Isaias and Chelo all become Aussies during the year.

Keeping 2 of them could prove handy.
Chelo is done as far as I'm concerned and I've felt that way most of the season. He has been brilliant but we need a fresh player creating for us, he just hasn't been up to standard this season and another injury is always round the corner with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The gist of the article is that his family wants to go back to Spain and it's been eating away at him. Seems fair enough.

Just on Val though, imagine if this was Gombau in charge. He was hunting him even before the unpleasant exchange with his son. Yet here we are embarrassing ourselves and not one negative article written about Amor.

Just a few years of success and stability would be a nice change for a while.
I really think the FFA need to review how the "salary cap" works, it's as bad a set up as it is in the sanfl with the two reserves teams. A few select clubs have access to pay big money outside the cap while others don't. It's like wealthy people have the ability to avoid tax and maximise investments while normal wage earners have little ability to avoid tax as they're just surviving week to week. I can't see how this system is sustainable.

City at last count had 6 players not paid within the cap.......6 !!!

It was always bad enough having Sydney and Victory spending big outside the cap, with City this year its out of control. I can't see too many owners hanging around for very long when confronted with this imbalance and lack of funding and returns from the FFA.

I don't mind Sydney and Melbourne doing it to be honest. Melbourne in particular have done it because they've got a big supporter and membership base.

This is the exact reason Griffin and Co want to shift away from Hindmarsh. We get a really bad stadium deal when the AEC took over the ownership, and its both financially and logistically bad business to upgrade Hindmarsh but no one wants to help the club invest in a city stadium.

I've said it numerous times here but if you put Hindmarsh in the city it'll be full every week. You only have to look at what the Oval has done for the 2 AFL clubs.

This generates income which then allows us to push for more top end marquee types.

I don't think you'll get the equivalent uplift as what happened with AO. Footy Park was a long way out of the city, Hindmarsh is barely 1km out of the CBD and a free tram ride away. I get your point though.

I appreciate the conundrum the FFA face with expanding and growing the league and the need to attract better players from overseas but they can't take their eye off the ball with the plight of the smaller clubs.

Hindmarsh as good as it is, is severely outdated. It hasn't had an upgrade in nearly 20 years which is well overdue.

I still think if it's on AO number 2 position it's full every week. The diehard fans don't want to move from Hindmarsh which I can understand. But by staying we are drifting further back

Its all over and may the search for a new coach begin.

I reckon we've been looking for a while, Amor hasn't just decided to pull the pin. We had better get this one right, and to be fair we usually do.

8 points behind 9th? Lol wow. Unbelievable how far this team has fallen.
Agreed.

This squad isn't as talented as last year's that's evident, but it's also not as bad as 8 points behind 2nd last. Something is rotten to the core. This squad is a finals worthy squad, probably 4th to 6th really.

I wonder how many will walk when Amor does, we could have 10-12 new faces, potentially more.

Back