Adelaide United FC Thread: Champions (2015-16), Premiers (2005-06, 2015-16), FFA Cup (2014) Winners

Who will win the premiership and championship in 2016?

• Adelaide United

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Adelaide United

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • no other choice sorry

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Club hasn't announced that, id say theyre all short term ACL deals. Pretty disappointing to not let us know though but Babalj in particular should be a short term deal. Kim said on arrival he wanted to play overseas so who knows how long thatll be for, hes been ok for far. Baba came on the recommendation of Diego Castro, if he can stay as long and make half the impact we will be a much better side.

Gee Jon McKain took a huge swing at Val on Twitter, like most Advertiser journalists he didn't take it too well......

The tweets have been taken down, what exactly was the catalyst

In other news Baba is in the squad for Saturday night with Isa dropping out.

Still no Babalj

Val was also swinging for the fence on Shootout saying he couldn't believe Chelo missed the squad for Baba.....

We needed a striker you flog, and we also need to have players who can stay on the park. The guy has some great points but he reeks of huge self importance.

He loves Amor, gee if Gombau was the manager he'd be hounded out of town.

Yep, they have a good following here. Will people turn up to watch us though ??

So apparently 'the tweet' last night was some random bloke saying Regan is a ****ing **** player, which Val liked.

JMac took exception to it and told him this is why the club and the players don't like you..... Val tried backtracking which failed. A number of players jumped on board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we have one more decent defensive game in us this season please let it be tonight. I'm not talking clean sheets, I'm talking limit the damage.

I'll take 2nil, any more and I'll be disappointed if not surprised.

If we lose by that margin I reckon Amir gets Ranieri'd.

I reckon it'll be 4 unless we defended with the same desperation that we did against Newcastle. I also think we might pinch a goal, they've been a bit suss defensively too.

They certainly are clinical, and we will cop some goals no doubt but I also think they'll be vulnerable in defence IF we can hit the target.

That's a big if. I also reckon we will sit back and bit to conserve for midweek, and who knows who the gaffer will pick to play. His selections have been laughably bad at times this year.

So apparently 'the tweet' last night was some random bloke saying Regan is a ****ing **** player, which Val liked.

JMac took exception to it and told him this is why the club and the players don't like you..... Val tried backtracking which failed. A number of players jumped on board.
i mean, all the blokes in the team to call ******* s**t, regan wouldn't exactly be high on the list.

val is a worm though. not rucci levels but thats cos he doesnt write as much.

i mean, all the blokes in the team to call ******* s**t, regan wouldn't exactly be high on the list.

val is a worm though. not rucci levels but thats cos he doesnt write as much.

i actually see val regularly, thinks hes very important figure in Aussie Football.

He's an Advertiser writer..... comes with the territory.

i actually see val regularly, thinks hes very important figure in Aussie Football.
he pretty much is, well mostly just here, which gives him a responsibility by this state to not be doing this s**t.

sure, it's just a like on twitter, but why is he liking it? why is the guy who is the head of football writing in this state liking something that is putting down a player at the club he's representing?

it's incredibly unprofessional and unnecessary. i was glad to see other professionals stick up for just wanting some standards.

Rooch thinks he's important in the AFL landscape too. Val has written some good articles over the time but he too often let's his bias show through.

He's better off not writing about AUFC, he writes like a supporter not a journalist. He's a bit like K Cornes in that regard, he's quite good when not commenting on 5AA

Val has named Isaias in the starting 11 tonight, the same Isaias that is out for 3 weeks.

Back