Adelaide United FC Thread: Champions (2015-16), Premiers (2005-06, 2015-16), FFA Cup (2014) Winners

Who will win the premiership and championship in 2016?

• Adelaide United

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Adelaide United

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • no other choice sorry

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Kids were good, especially Margush and surprisingly Warland.

Tonight showed how we can't function unless we have a striker like Diawara/Babalj/Djite up-front. A smaller stature striker just doesn't fit into the system we play.

Warland has bags of talent, he just needs a run at it. Loving the kids playing, this is what Amor has done well and it's what he did at Barca.

to me, we need cirio/chelo/kim to run at players more, and be more direct. plus, if we are going to cross it, can we at least wait for baba to get into a decent position in the box.

but going through the middle, baba holding it up (looks good with the ball at his feet) and playing it through has to be the way to bring cirio and chelo especially into games. the crossing is ******* terrible. no pretending it's not.

When Cirio played 10 when Chelo has been injured, he's done it quite well. He ran at players, took them on but the finish has been diabolical.

We don't have anyone who crosses a ball like Goody in our squad, or a winger like Kamau so we had to set up differently. Amor didn't do that until today.

Pretty proud of that effort, owned them for large parts.

Great for Eli Babalj to get on the sheet.

Not to get on a sour note but I'm just not a fan of Mileusnic. He is so poor at crossing and doesn't look like he will have any end product any time soon. Again, like last week, we were better when he came off.

I just don't see a future here for him.

Not to get on a sour note but I'm just not a fan of Mileusnic. He is so poor at crossing and doesn't look like he will have any end product any time soon. Again, like last week, we were better when he came off.

I just don't see a future here for him.
Agree. Was an NPL player for a reason. Technical ability is lacking.

After the last few games it might be worth replacing him with Elrich. Push Elrich up to RW because he can actually cross the ball and will run all day.

Cirio was outstanding on the left too, its taken all season to be able to get the balance right.

Can't fault Margush for the 2nd goal, you let a player of Teixiera within 5 metres and he will score, plus he made some great saves too.

Kim faded a bit but was great, O'Doherty played his best game ever in a AU shirt. Marrone will be a big loss next game but we do have coverage for him. Big Baba plays so much like Bruce, I like him alot and it was great to see Babalj nick a goal. 2 CBs were largely solid although Dylan did let Teixiera too close to goal for the 2nd. Regan should have earned a new deal too.

And then we have Riley McGree........ this kid could be anything. Reminds me of Tom Togic with the way he moves with the ball and how he can glide away from players. He does back himself a bit too much at times but you can't fault him for that. Must be signed to a long term deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McGowan defended the second goal so poorly. He was running backwards since Teixeira was running towards goal then he just stopped. Why on earth would you just stop when someone like that is running at you? All Teixeira had to do was go to McGowan's right hand side (exactly what he did) and he was past him and 1 on 1 with Margush.

I like the idea of Elrich at RW. No idea why he hasn't played there this season because he is a way better crosser of the ball than Mileusnic.

Baba was better but we're not creating enough chances for him IMO. I don't think he's even had a decent shot at goal with his feet yet, all have been headers.

Love McGree. Must be the main re-signing priority and to a long term deal.

either he stood off or gave away a pen. absolutely no way he wins the ball off someone as good as teixeira. i know he's only 19 but margush should've kept the shot out. to let it go through your legs like that is not enough. the defending was poor but that was to be expected when someone that talented is running at a league defenders.

either he stood off or gave away a pen. absolutely no way he wins the ball off someone as good as teixeira. i know he's only 19 but margush should've kept the shot out. to let it go through your legs like that is not enough. the defending was poor but that was to be expected when someone that talented is running at a league defenders.
I disagree, if a guy as talented as he runs at you and is shooting at you from that distance the result is a goal 95% of the time. Yeah it looked a bit ordinary but he could've put it anywhere.

Can't really fault McGowan either, he has and is giving everything to the cause even though he's leaving. He just hasn't stopped nor has he had a break. Needs to be given this week off IMO and give Warland a crack.

Wanderers don't particularly scare me as a side but they're likely to hack one or more of our side. They'll also be fired up to perform much better than their embarrassing performance Tuesday.

We probably can't afford to have Elrich at RW next ACL game as Marrone is suspended but it's worth a try in the HAL. It's a balancing act between trying things with senior players and giving kids a run

Carrusca not selected...... Hmmmm this appears to be the end of his time here then. Are we punishing him for speaking out during the week ?? If so that's pretty poor, as much as I don't think his comments regarding Baba were fair we don't need to be doing this to a club great. We really don't tend to handle this stuff well.

Would have been the ideal fresh legs to make a mess of the Wanderers.

Carrusca not selected...... Hmmmm this appears to be the end of his time here then. Are we punishing him for speaking out during the week ?? If so that's pretty poor, as much as I don't think his comments regarding Baba were fair we don't need to be doing this to a club great. We really don't tend to handle this stuff well.

Would have been the ideal fresh legs to make a mess of the Wanderers.
The relationship between Chelo and the club seems to be very odd this year.

I tend to agree with the above comments, but I'd still like to know if that's the reason he hasn't been selected. He would've been ideal tomorrow night.

Our club does like to create messy situations for itself.

Chelo goes from out of the squad to into the starting lineup..... weird.

Back