Adelaide United FC Thread: Champions (2015-16), Premiers (2005-06, 2015-16), FFA Cup (2014) Winners

Who will win the premiership and championship in 2016?

• Adelaide United

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Adelaide United

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • no other choice sorry

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Ugh. I don't understand why we're not re-signing Pablo. He was our second top goal-scorer and scored 7 off the bench (equal most by any player ever in the A-League with Henrique). Is it his age? Is he going to be a bench player again next season and he's not happy with it? He's not really a winger because he's too slow and there's not really a starting spot for him I suppose but taking out 7 goals off the bench is going to hurt a lot.

At 33 it COULD be an age thing but I'm not sure. I'm backing us in to find a good replacement if needed.

Being knowledgeable doesn't mean you're a great coach, its only half the battle
Where are his shortcomings?
The list was better this season, but last saeson, for example, beat Wellington away first final- remarkable
The club was in dire straits financially early on, pathetic training facility and rooms, and they were running on some meagre budget, yet he got the team to be competitive.
Now, with awesome facilities and an improved list, results are expected, but the players that made us great late this season let us down with injuries and suspension- Zullo, Franjic, Novillo. If those 3 were available, we would have likely rivalled your team for top spot. At the start of the season, that same trio were missing with major injuries, and then we lost Chapman. No excuses, just reasons.
Coming back from 0-6 like AU did is just brilliant, and I'm glad your team did so, Sets up a standard and a precedent

Last edited:
You guys had the 2 best players in the league by some margin, plus the best goalkeeper (apparently). The guy had no plan B, and wouldn't rank in the top 4 coaches of the league IMO.

You guys had the 2 best players in the league by some margin, plus the best goalkeeper (apparently). The guy had no plan B, and wouldn't rank in the top 4 coaches of the league IMO.
Mooy spent a lot of his A league time recovering from cracked ribs and Socceroo duties- he was not as hot as last season
Bruno was stunning.
But what is plan B?
We went from free flowing goal scoring records to very good defensively, until the last month

Pablo gone officially. I sincerely hope it's not to another A League side.

The man will forever be remembered as the player who put the icing on that very delicious cake last Sunday.

Whereas I'm very disappointed with Kamau and his decision, this one is totally understandable from both sides.

Thankyou Pablo, you're a legend

True but the only one that could cause major trouble is McGowan. Pablo is a loss, but I'd back us in to find his 8 goals elsewhere.

Good thing is we will have some cap space to fill and now a Visa spot. Our recruiting team havent really put a foot wrong in recent seasons and we have Amor and the ACL as carrots. Not many people would have heard of any of our imports before they arrived.

We'll be alright, but what it shows is no matter how we fans try to spin it we are a small fish. Makes what we've done even more remarkable.

True but the only one that could cause major trouble is McGowan. Pablo is a loss, but I'd back us in to find his 8 goals elsewhere.

Good thing is we will have some cap space to fill and now a Visa spot. Our recruiting team havent really put a foot wrong in recent seasons and we have Amor and the ACL as carrots. Not many people would have heard of any of our imports before they arrived.

We'll be alright, but what it shows is no matter how we fans try to spin it we are a small fish. Makes what we've done even more remarkable.
Castellan I wouldn't be against signing to be honest but from the sounds of it Amor will basically bring something back with him from Spain.
We definitely need a winger now. Cirio great (albeit a year older) but certainly can't and shouldn't rely on Dugandzkic who is a back-up, nothing more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Castellan I wouldn't be against signing to be honest but from the sounds of it Amor will basically bring something back with him from Spain.
We definitely need a winger now. Cirio great (albeit a year older) but certainly can't and shouldn't rely on Dugandzkic who is a back-up, nothing more.
I really don't want Castelan. Doesn't track back and can't run out more than an hour, plus he's as old as Pablo.

I really don't want Castelan. Doesn't track back and can't run out more than an hour, plus he's as old as Pablo.
yep and that's the main problem with losing Kamau is his defensive work. Offensively he's not as good as Castellan though. Castellan's other problem is end product but he does have great pace, ability with the ball at this feet and capability of beating the full back.
I think our last foreigner spot definitely needs to be a winger though.

I'd say winger or striker.

The man will forever be remembered as the player who put the icing on that very delicious cake last Sunday.

Whereas I'm very disappointed with Kamau and his decision, this one is totally understandable from both sides.

Thankyou Pablo, you're a legend
And the week before against City. Apparently the club didn't want to keep him. Would've loved to see him stay.

Last f-up was signing Palanca

The guy has buckets of talent, it just didn't work for him here.

Now here's one from left field......

Federico Piovaccari just got released by WSW. He came with a massive rep but flopped pretty hard over there. IMO he would be worth giving a 2nd chance if he wanted to play for less coin.

I just wonder if Amor will look to Asia or use his contacts in Europe to find our final import.

Back