Adelaide United FC Thread: Champions (2015-16), Premiers (2005-06, 2015-16), FFA Cup (2014) Winners

Who will win the premiership and championship in 2016?

• Adelaide United

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Adelaide United

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • no other choice sorry

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Isaias too.

Anyone who's played international football for a South American nation is a handy player, and by and large we do pretty well with our imports.

I like the fact we have been given a purse to spend, and after Wednesday night we do need some excitement ahead of r1.

I'm worried already. Two months until round 1 and need 6-7 more signings. Signing these players late in pre-season won't give them enough time to build team chemistry with the rest of the squad. I can see us starting slow this year, purely due to the fact we'll probably be signing players a few weeks before the season.

Our back 5 (inc Eugene) is solid, Isa and Chelo should still command the midfield but we do lack scoring power.

Ideally Kitto and Marino are your 3rd and 4th bananas, we should be signing an overseas striker soon. The fact we aren't in the Cup is both a help and hindrance. It helps because we can get the squad together, but we don't have the quality games to get them to gel.

Bulut back with the Wanderers. Fits in with them really

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Val Migliaccio talks Adelaide United squad movements
Daily Football Show

I haven't listened to it yet but Val apparently said on The Daily Fooball Show that Holman is asking far too much for what Adelaide and other clubs are willing to pay.
It all boils down to Cahill taking the money from the FFA. Everyone should've got a bit of the pie yet he took it all.

Have I missed something? Has Cahill been officially announced?
No but the deal has been reported at 3.5 a year, 1m of which the FFA have stumped up. We, Melbourne and Brisbane all enquired about Holman but were told exactly what Val said, the money he wants no club could afford and the FFA bent over for Timmy

No but the deal has been reported at 3.5 a year, 1m of which the FFA have stumped up. We, Melbourne and Brisbane all enquired about Holman but were told exactly what Val said, the money he wants no club could afford and the FFA bent over for Timmy
Yeh well I guess that was always going to happen, just the FFA's ruse to make it happen despite giving it to the richest club in the comp

Positive -
And with Reds Italian defender Iacopo La Rocca destined to earn Australian player status by the end of the year Adelaide can again delve into the transfer market in January to bolster its import stocks.

Argentine playmaker Marcelo Carrusca is also tipped to become an non-visa player by the middle of next year meaning Adelaide will have another foreign spot available if it chooses to extend the attacking midfielder’s contract.

Though I'm not sure Chelo will be here after next season, so the second sentence might not come into effect.

Positive -

Though I'm not sure Chelo will be here after next season, so the second sentence might not come into effect.
Very positive. I reckon Chelo plays this season and next before he heads home to finish his career in Argentina.

Which could mean he plays his final year as an Aussie. He's just setup his own academy here so you wouldn't think he would duck off straight away. Apparently 3 signings in 2 weeks......

Very positive. I reckon Chelo plays this season and next before he heads home to finish his career in Argentina.

Which could mean he plays his final year as an Aussie. He's just setup his own academy here so you wouldn't think he would duck off straight away. Apparently 3 signings in 2 weeks......
Yeah, and two are 'experienced' Aussies apparently. Hope the import is a striker.

Last edited:
Val seems to think we are after an experienced CB from the east coast. There's a few who come to mind but I reckon it also means Dyl is on the move in January.

Nikolai Topor-Stanley is the man apparently. Would be a solid signing going into the ACL but I dont know whether he's necessary given we have 3 CBs and Warland.

Back