Adelaide United FC Thread: Champions (2015-16), Premiers (2005-06, 2015-16), FFA Cup (2014) Winners

Who will win the premiership and championship in 2016?

• Adelaide United

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Adelaide United

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • no other choice sorry

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not United but in other SA news it looks like Marcos Flores is set to play for Adelaide City in the NPL, and head up youth academies.

Pretty cool if they can pull it off. He seems really keen.

2 ACL injuries I think. He's a really good bloke. I remember when he left here he had a kick around with 100s of kids and had photos with every single one of them.

He wanted to come back too, but Kossie wouldn't sign him

Yep, definitely not going to dispute that. He was staying at Holdfast Shores (about 3 minutes from my house) and I saw him a few times interacting with fans. I just wish he didn't leave when he did, he was so good for us.

Its good now some of our disgruntled ex players are coming back toward the club, not that Marcos was ever disgruntled as such.

Dodd and Cassio were regulars at our games last season, Trav even when he wasn't commentating. Ross Aloisi will always be welcome too.

According to a German newspaper which my year 10 German allows me to read 75% of, he's got an offer from VFB Stuttgart in Bundesliga 2 alongside ours.

AUs offer, with help from the FFA, is apparently higher than the Stuttgart one. But of course he would have to move away from Germany and he speaks no English.

Exactly right, as soon as I heard that I figured he was odds on to stay. Not sure how I feel to be honest, one side says he could be a great addition to the squad. The other says if he really isn't super keen and its only the money bringing him here then perhaps we are better off with someone else ??

I just want us to sign some quality soon. We have the money and I realise things like this aren't done overnight but you'd hope we have other irons in the fire in the event Kuranyi doesn't sign.

This is so f***ing frustrating. First time we win the GF and we get a exodus, ok it happens let's move on.
First time in ages the club is throwing money around and we can't f***ing buy anyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd think so yeah. It has to happen either way soon.

Would be immense to have him here. Still super fit and scoring goals. Send him to Hahndorf to feel right at home.

I texted a couple of soccer mates last night that we signed Klose just to $hit stir them and because I was bored that UNITED DON'T SEEM TO BE DOING F*** ALL!!!!
I had a good laugh but I don't think they were impressed. Now I have to tell them of this crap news.
:/

Disappointing yet unsurprising.

NOW I'm starting to worry.

Young family and all that, fair enough. Bianchi would be a target although he would need to play under the cap.

Miroslav Klose it is.

LOL

Back