Adelaide United FC Thread: Champions (2015-16), Premiers (2005-06, 2015-16), FFA Cup (2014) Winners

Who will win the premiership and championship in 2016?

• Adelaide United

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Adelaide United

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • no other choice sorry

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't think the Roar will be as good this season. Don't rate their team as much tbh and Broich isn't the same player these days. If Maclaren goes down they're screwed.

Will be interesting to see how the Nix go. Finkler and Barbarouses are very good signings and their front 6 is pretty bloody good, but it all depends how they perform away from home. That's what usually costs them most seasons.

I said we'll start slow weeks ago and I'll be surprised if we don't. Injuries to key players and signings arriving late all leads to a slow start. Considering what we did last season we should be able to get things going quicker rather than later.

So in reading other forums it seems Choi is playing a Cup game tonight. Perhaps he signs after that ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's still a Visa player for a few weeks/months so perhaps they are holding on to make a final call on Chelo.

We wouldn't be able to have them both at the same time.

Maybe.

Its nearly done however wouldn't be until well into the season. Depending on how he goes we might want him for the year.

I reckon we will play a slightly different shape this year. Guardiola doesn't play like Bruce, he's not a target man, hold up type striker moreso a guy who likes to get in behind.

Cirio can't play centrally to replace Chelo, so Holland might have to play there whether he likes it or not. When Mells returns he can probably fill the void with Holland and Isa sitting a touch deeper.

Haven't seen much of Choi in the Cup game so far, Sydney are owning the game.

Back