Adelaide United FC Thread: Champions (2015-16), Premiers (2005-06, 2015-16), FFA Cup (2014) Winners

Who will win the premiership and championship in 2016?

• Adelaide United

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Adelaide United

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • no other choice sorry

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Just realized I can't watch today because I have to attend a birthday party :mad:

Will have to settle for live updates and the replay later.

Well that was hard to watch. Lucky to get a point. Not many positives to come out of the game other than they'll be better for the run. Guardiola looks good as does Holland. Bring on WSW Friday night, can't wait to be there for the unfurling of the premiership flag.

Bit of a review for me hey shorty ?
Started slowly and were lucky to be level at HT. After the break we controlled the pill and blokes like Henrique and Guardiola got a foot on it. Cirio got better too.

Kitto came on late and looked very likely, defence solid. I reckon it'll take time to gel but we looked a damn sight better than we did in the Cup.

Started slowly and were lucky to be level at HT. After the break we controlled the pill and blokes like Henrique and Guardiola got a foot on it. Cirio got better too.

Kitto came on late and looked very likely, defence solid. I reckon it'll take time to gel but we looked a damn sight better than we did in the Cup.
Thoughts on Makarounas' performance?
Did Holland or Isa play DM?

Up on the Gold Coast was that last play offside? Cirio looked on to me......
Did we even get a replay? Fox's coverage was pathetic all game. How many times did we see Newcastle's ugly coach? About 20. Saw Amor once all game I reckon. And how many times did they miss important action because they were showing replays at the wrong time.
Cirio looked annoyed at that last decision and we never saw a replay... thanks Fox Sports. Sydney *heads.

First 15 minutes we controlled then there was a small period they got involved and scored. Then after they scored we looked sort of dangerous and started controlling again.

In the second half I thought our control of the game slipped and we looked far less threatening and didn't really look like scoring that one chance for Cirio aside.

Kitto looked likely? I thought he was terrible. Ran into a brick wall everytime he tried to get past a player or do anything. Very generous assessment of his performance. He looked like he was trying to impress too much and failed because of it.

I'm not too concerned about the result or worried about our prospects but we are very much an unknown quantity this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mabil.png

Hmmm...

He will be back, I wouldnt be surprised if he's a January ACL signing.

Was sent out on loan from his parent club FC Midtjylland to some other Danish team because he was struggling for game-time and that hasn't changed at the new team.

He'll be back in Australia very soon. I expected him back this year some time so I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet.

What's he been up to?
Playing in Denmark, getting gametime too.

He would be a very handy addition to our squad against continental defences. Whether he does or not I'm not certain, but I'm confident he will be back.

Back