Adelaide United FC Thread: Champions (2015-16), Premiers (2005-06, 2015-16), FFA Cup (2014) Winners

Who will win the premiership and championship in 2016?

• Adelaide United

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Adelaide United

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • no other choice sorry

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah just read it. Not sure what else they expected. One signing has been a success in comparison to who we lost and we've won 1 game from 14, so don't expect the fans to be wanting to go up and give the board members a hug and a kiss.

I'm more interested in where the money has gone. If we really are paying Holland and Sergi that much...

They just need to cut their losses and get rid of both. It's clearly not working and replacing a young box to box midfielder like Mauk with a seasoned veteran who plays the same role as Isaias clearly was the wrong move. A panic move. Sergi is not Bruce and never will be.

The players I mentioned last night should all go but it probably won't happen.

what really pissed supporters last night was watching someone like troisi kill us after we rejected him, instead going for a donkey like guardiola.
how can MV afford troisi/berisha/rojas and we cant get even 1 quality striker and still be maxed out on slaary cap?

for me it has to do with the owners.

what really pissed supporters last night was watching someone like troisi kill us after we rejected him, instead going for a donkey like guardiola.
how can MV afford troisi/berisha/rojas and we cant get even 1 quality striker and still be maxed out on slaary cap?

for me it has to do with the owners.
Sort of. Troisi priced himself out of our reach 6 months earlier so at the 2nd time of asking we didn't even bother.

As for how other teams can afford those guys..... 3rd party deals and commercial opportunities. We simply can't compete with what eastern states can offer in that regard.

Sort of. Troisi priced himself out of our reach 6 months earlier so at the 2nd time of asking we didn't even bother.

As for how other teams can afford those guys..... 3rd party deals and commercial opportunities. We simply can't compete with what eastern states can offer in that regard.

i think these are included in salary cap, arent they?

why the * would you be so stupid to come out and say something like this? it's now even worse. if this is the side that you put together spending the entire cap then * me there are some clueless idiots up in the ivory tower.

clearly they're trying to palm the blame away from themselves and then arching up whenever someone dares to question what is happening at the club. childish.

That was my first thought. Now yeah you don't have to detail every detail of the strategy but wow.

why the **** would you be so stupid to come out and say something like this? it's now even worse. if this is the side that you put together spending the entire cap then **** me there are some clueless idiots up in the ivory tower.

clearly they're trying to palm the blame away from themselves and then arching up whenever someone dares to question what is happening at the club. childish.

i heard from a reliable source a few weeks back that we defn have enough salary cap room for 3 quality players. i just dont buy the comment that we are at our max.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i heard from a reliable source a few weeks back that we defn have enough salary cap room for 3 quality players. i just dont buy the comment that we are at our max.
if true then they're angling now to come in and 'look at how we pulled together and backed the club hey' if this is what they're hell bent on releasing.

okay, the people dishing out personal abuse and whatnot is not on (didnt see anything about it until that sentence) but the club has taken a passionate and very supportive fan base and taken them for a ride this season. no one expected the club to go back to back or anything like that, but to just pretend that 1 win at this stage is acceptable or not worthy of scrutiny is hilariously bad.

the owners and board are lucky they're at this club, and not one that the media looks at heavily, cos then they would've been out on their arses ages ago.

if true then they're angling now to come in and 'look at how we pulled together and backed the club hey' if this is what they're hell bent on releasing.

okay, the people dishing out personal abuse and whatnot is not on (didnt see anything about it until that sentence) but the club has taken a passionate and very supportive fan base and taken them for a ride this season. no one expected the club to go back to back or anything like that, but to just pretend that 1 win at this stage is acceptable or not worthy of scrutiny is hilariously bad.

the owners and board are lucky they're at this club, and not one that the media looks at heavily, cos then they would've been out on their arses ages ago.

yeh as i said, he is very reliable been at the club since day 1. maybe the owners have been tight or are waiting for better players to be made available for a tilt at the asian champ league.
hopefully they learn from this and dont * things up again.

If that's the case people on that board etc...etc... need to be sacked immediately.

Who are our marquee players "if" we've maxed out on our salary cap?
Chelo is our marquee, we only have the 1. Those players are paid outside that.

The last part is honestly infuriating. Does Amor not rate the rest of the squad ?? How can we go unchanged for most of the year given where we sit.

He seems unwilling to make changes during the games, even last year. No substitutes until we are 2 down..... not great. Marc Marino MUST be in the squad next week.
First sub last night on a hot day where fresh legs matter was after about 80 minutes.

Yes very interesting indeed.. looks like the s**t might be about to hit the fan, I'm gonna post the link in the General chat thread so we can all discuss it.
No worries.

Just the usual Adelaide United Board of Directors whinge.

I have regularly offered a barrage of abuse at certain club officials and last night was no exception, however it definitely wasn't in front of any families. I gave 2 of them a spray as they left the stadium, there were another 3 blokes who then went on with it down the road a little further
There were lots of us abusing them and it won't stop until the situation is rectified.
Time for them to open their wallets or get the hell out of town

I have done so from the stands but never will I follow anyone to their cars.

Again, I don't expect anyone to give us a play by play of the recruiting process but I'd like to know what we are looking for and why. For instance, we said mid year we were after a foreign winger and mid. Now this changed with the late departure of Djite and Kuryani knocking us back but what led us to Guardiola when there were a couple of more experienced guys wanting to join us ??

Who are officials you guys abuse?
I'm guilty of having a crack at management via banners and such. It's no doubt a difficult job and I'm glad I'm not doing it but it's my belief there should be a greater transparency.

Back