Preview Adelaide v Brisbane - Election day 2019 - A chance to catch up with a couple of old friends.

Remove this Banner Ad

3rd in the comp for points scored and 5th for points conceded.

They roll the dice and are fun to watch, if it comes off they hurt you but if not they leave themselves very exposed.

As per the post above they are torched on turnover. Big chance here, only concern is fatigue from 2 grinding matches

We have the exact game to exploit them.

We force the turn over then attack. We have the defenders to cover thier forwards, we have a more polished and more powerful Midfield and a forward line that will worry them.

Were not exactly in form. Everyone's just playing thier role and that's looking after the scoreboard. This might be the week we do hit real form.

Pity we have 5 first 18 players injured

Pretty tough game. Brisbane's 2 best games were a win against an underdone Wce and a comeback win against Powaa. Bad losses to Essendon away and Collingwood at home. Other than that their 3 other wins were against 3 bad teams in swans, saints, suns. Have watched them a bit. Curb Zorko, McCluggage, Neale, Robinson, Rich and you generally win. Importantly Rayner has been out of form. Feel it will be a tight struggle but if our forward line functions better and we take our opportunities we should win. Our Achilles heel is our lack of pace through the midfield and forward line. Feel the changes need to be:
In: Jones McHenry Stengle
Out: Knight Gallucci Betts (rested)
All 3 players have been poor. Time to start finding our best 22 before Milera and Seedsman are back.

My best team without injuries minus Doedee is:

Laird Talia Brown
Smith Keath Milera
Seedsman Sloane Jones/Atkins
Lynch Walker Mchenry
Betts/Stengle Himmelberg McAdam/Murphy

ROB MCrouch BCrouch

Greenwood Hartigan/Sholl CEY Gallucci/Gibbs/Mackay/Knight

Not best 22: Jacob's, Douglas, Jenkins, Poholke, Fogarty, Kelly, Otten, Wilson.
Would run Milera, Jones and McHenry for bursts through the midfield. Their speed is needed. Greenwood mid and resting up forward. A weakness is ruck but ROB has been very good and as long as he keeps competing we should be alright.

Last edited:

No.

Nope.

Crows by 2-3 goals...minimum.

Smother Zorko, and restrict Rich or at least be set up for his bombs out of their defence. Cramp delivery to Hipwood...and lock Charlie in the change rooms. Game over.

Judging by how Charlie went last weekend, you could probably let him play without anybody noticing.

Judging by how Charlie went last weekend, you could probably let him play without anybody noticing.

Fun Facts with Grotto.

Whenever Charlie has kicked a goal in a game in 2019, the Lions have won the game.

He is goalless in all their losses.

It’s a day game and a projected 25 degrees. The Gabba plays “hot” - I’ve been there at 25 and got mightily sunburned. Very slight chance of rain (up to 0-5 mm).

For me I expect that I will wear shorts and a polo shirt to the game...and still be comfortable.

So I can still get a good dose of footy I have taken out a membership with the Lions but I am also a Crows member. This way I get an excellent seat and I get to see some of the other teams like Port (so sad they lost :) ) and the Eagles (that was a good game for the lions) Magpies and of course this week the Crows. So I have to front up with my Crows hat right in the middle of the Lions members. s**t I hope we win.

Given our tough past fortnight, Brisbane heat, their fast style of play and the fact the weaker area of our side atm is outside run and attacking potency, there are many reasons I'd like to see 2-3 changes this week to freshen up our running brigade.

I guess we'll see how we go, but Collingwood flogged them at home and they lost to the Dogs and Bombers away.

I'm not convinced with Brisbane, they're improving and they look good, but they have also been shown up. They've actually done this before a few years ago, won the first 4 games and were looking like world beaters, unfortunately the wins were against spud teams and the second they met a real opponent their form evaporated. Not saying that is what will happen here, but it could be that they haven't improved quite as much as people thought.

Are you calling our little brother a spud team?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we win, can we have Noble back?

Has anyone even seen or heard from Burton in recent times? They've done a pretty good job of hiding him.
Saw Burton doing some backslapping on the ground after the Showdown win. He even got a few polite handshakes back.

Saw Burton doing some backslapping on the ground after the Showdown win. He even got a few polite handshakes back.
Has he been doing a bit of that? Maybe that's where Gibbs' back injury came from

Remove this Banner Ad

Back