Review Adelaide v Essendon - Rd 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
O'Brien dreadful. Does he have sprigs on his boots? My love for Draper confirmed.
Pedlar needs to adjust to speed of game: a little slow.
Sloane abysmally slow, giving up the chase early.
Thiltthorpe needs a rest.

Murray very good.
Schoenberg good.
Seed still trying, Smith OK.

Midfield well down on normal performance.

Ugly: total team performance: we are in a slump that will last to the end of the year. No more wins.

Matthew Nicks has given us our first wooden spoon and now our lowest ever score.

Mutineer is this what you meant by how much he has transformed the club on and off field?

Matthew Nicks has given us our first wooden spoon and now our lowest ever score.

Mutineer is this what you meant by how much he has transformed the club on and off field?
* off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God we are hard to watch sometimes
I know we are rebuilding but we have so many areas to target come draft/trade period
pace and skills all over the ground a genuine A grade midfielder, a key forward to help Thilthorpe really need to nail this upcoming draft and the next and continue getting games into the kids

To be fair, last year was the worst year to have a massive list turnover and he has done everything right until this game, if he did instruct the group to play this horrible game style in the 1st half then it's on him and his first mistake he has done.

cant really talk about forwards or backs too much since we got dismantled in the mid so bad

Bring in Lynch this week, could really use a bit of experience to help out, it hurt when we lost doedee

I swear McAsey last year wasn't any worse than any and all of the forwards we've tried this year except tex

davis was serviceable but still think he's delist material

shoenberg was great

can we get a holding the ball anymore??

our mids, running into each other ffs. why not bring in another ruckmen and lose a mid. give rob a chop out and give our mids some good looks and have one less mid to run into the way of the other mids.

frampton did good and bad, looked ok in defense

fn posters, i reckon we're running at a poster about every 5th scoring shot between last week and this week

Yikes. It probably cements that we really need to draft a 2nd tall forward, and probably need to resign Tex to 2023.

Good.

Schoenberg. Went head to head with one of the best midfielders in the comp and beat him.
Murray had a good game.
Jones played well. Overcommitted a couple of times, but there was a genuine hardness and desire to his game.
Didn't mind Hamills game either.

Deplorable.

Our coaches panicked by the lost of Tex, and our players knew it. That was one of the most deplorable, and disinterested efforts I've ever seen from this club.
Laird was a 🦀. I don't think he got out of a jog all night.
Look, I get it Sloane, you want to show off how brave and tough you are. Don't. Get surgery. You truly looked like the game had passed you by there.
Doedee getting injured.
Seedsman potentially being injured.

Yeah. I'm just going to quickly forget about this one, and move on with my life.

Lots of positives from tonight's game:

Billy Frampton - 17 touches, that's a Vader Certified good game from our key forward

James Rowe - 13 touches, you guessed it, Vader Certified good game for a forward

David Mackay - 14 touches, that's what we love to see from our experienced midfielder, setting the tone for the team and hitting his KPIs

Reilly O'Brien - 39 hitouts, must have had an excellent game, no doubt about it

Rory Sloane - such a warrior, had an excellent game given he's playing with his finger snapped in half, hope he keeps pushing through to provide all that valuable leadership for us

Coaching - excellent tactics I thought to play a very slow, defensive game against one of the fastest teams in the AFL at a fast deck

Players to drop: McHenry, Pedlar, Berry, Hamill, Thilthorpe - need to bring in experienced heads like Tom Lynch

If we are not tanking, there are genuine concerns about this coaching panel's philosophy on how to play.

Given how great we have played this year , to start the game with circle work and less intensity than a Captain's run suggest we were never serious about winning this game.

Frampton instead of Fog. One guy kicks goals, the other has good hair.

With Tex out, how is Fog not an automatic selection.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back