Game Day Adelaide v Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fyfe and Mundy were outstanding in the middle - forwards were horrible.

Our mids kicked on to the forwards heads, they didn't kick in front of the forwards. So, no, the forwards weren't given a chance to show their polish due to the bad disposal by the mids.

McCarthy is the biggest negative to come out of this game. I seriously thought he'd turned a corner early in the season. Second week in a row now he's been the softest on ground.

Yep, Our forwardline looked the most dangerous in the GWS game, when he wasn't playing. I would rather go back to Cox Tabs Hogan Lobb setup at this stage.

We win the hard ball, only to have no run and spread. So we find a short option and delay our run, then look up and see no options...

Then its the same old high ball down the line, entry inside 50 is a high ball to the top of the goal square. Every damn time. We gave Brian lake a norm smith medal because of that long high ball.

He was ******* terrible ... liability all over the ground.

He has done some good things in some games but he isn't actually playing his role well much of the time. Leading, marking, goaling he just isn't doing it enough. And the cute kicks that get turned over what's the point of you cant hit the target

People calling for Hogan to be dropped lol , do you seriously think we’ll be better with out him Christ.

Great contest. Umpires stayed out of it until they couldn't contain themselves in the end. Gave the Crows a few softies.

Our decision making and skills leave a lot to be desired - but the effort and hardness are exceptional.

Prepare for a barrage of "boring/defensive/unwatchable Freo are back". But that would be finger nail deep analysis!

Absolutely. Darcy, Cox and Blakely... maybe Logue.

It was difficult last week to see who to leave out, but it just highlights how far there is still to go.

Yes to Cox and Blakey. Out goes McCarthy and may be Colyer for balance.

Not sure re Darcy as the tigers only use 1 ruck and their strength is running.

Logue not yet. Our defence has been great. That said Duman has been good and could come in as another back option and release
Cerra for more time in the midfield.

Swita now under pressure as we could play Walters in the forwards and put more back into our mids.

This kind of loss opens opportunities but could not see more than 2 changes unless injuries or unknown factors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was ******* terrible ... liability all over the ground.

He has done some good things in some games but he isn't actually playing his role well much of the time. Leading, marking, goaling he just isn't doing it enough. And the cute kicks that get turned over what's the point of you cant hit the target
Like I said lol.

Hogan and McCarthy need to take a seriously look at the heart our backline plays with.

Tabs/lobb kick the goal!!!

McCarthy seriously just gtfo of the side now. Bring cox in.

Hogan needs too seriously lift. I know he’s had some issues but ffs.

Is Sean Darcy ready?

Get blakely back in too.

I absolutely hate mentioning the umpires, but Jesus. Some absolutely dejecting calls.

Idk.
I wouldn't be surprised if Hogan's foot is troubling him. The last few weeks at training he had to come off at various times and seemed to get attention for it.

He can hardly kick 45m now and looked to be hobbling a bit as well. I'd like to get Darcy and Cox back and put Lobb back to take some marks. I'd still hang onto McCarthy because he's such a good kick when he gets the ball. Like to see some forward structure, however with the total full field pressure often there was no one at home in the forwards or kicks not accurate into 50 and often no clear leads.

I don't like that game plan for the effect it has on the forwards and we're lucky Adelaide missed as much as they did in the first half.

Unfortunate biased umpiring came at crucial times for us and 2 unnecessary 50 m calls.

Positives:
- THought AB and Cerra were absolutely terrific. Were completely gassed in the last quarter which is understandable after an incredibly tough game. Big step forward today I thought.
- Pearce was unbelievable. Just completely destroyed one of the in-form tall forwards in the comp. Destroyed Cameron in that GWS game as well but he got 4 of the softest damn goals, shits me.
- Nyhuis is now firmly best 22
- Wilson I thought continued his resurgance from last week, good to see.
- Matched it with what will undoubtedly be a top 8, maybe 4 side with a wealth experience and maturity on there home deck in one of the most taxing games of the season. Massive tick to the guys

Negatives
- Dardy needs to bring back McThor, cant afford to have another game or two like that. Wouldnt mind seeing Cox come in from him
- Hogan was worst on ground. His worst game for the year
- When your borderline b22, you dont get to have games like Colyer did
- Umpiring diabolical both ways.
- Forwardline is going to take the rest of the year before its gelling consistently I feel. Structure was terrible today and Adelaide were terrific. Entries forward were just as bad so its not all on them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Umpire Appreciation Round" and they pay 16 free kicks for the game - they have to be taking the piss.

Only seen the second half so far but the backline were sensational. Missed tackles due to young bodies hurt us around the contest. Sometimes you have to play the way the opposition allows you. Adelaide threw plenty of numbers back and we were often kicking into a congested F50. Conversely they looked the most dangerous when they tried to get us on the break.

Hands up everyone who was in the team meeting. Anyone? Anyone? So none of us really know what role a player has been given.

We never threw the towel and Adelaide knew they were in a contest. We lacked composure and polish at times but I'll back us against the Tigers next week if we show the same level of application.

People talking like this result is some kind of disaster need to have a Bex and a lie down.

McCarthy is the biggest negative to come out of this game. I seriously thought he'd turned a corner early in the season. Second week in a row now he's been the softest on ground.

I didn't. To be fair his only passable game was when he capitalized against a garbage side who we jumped in Round 1. I even posted in his thread then he has a long way to go. It is Round 7 now and he still has a long way to go to prove himself.

Rtb was out coached.

We can not handle loose men behind the play.

Seriously , On the road in an absolute arm wrestle , 3 clutch umpiring decisions in not awarding us holding the balls ended up with Adelaide scoring 3 goals within 30 seconds ( 2 of which Adelaide immediately get the softest of Free kicks ) .
We were absolutely immense and if you do not want to recognise this well you can not be helped. I will not call you an idiot because its against forum rules but I sure as hell think you are after that stupid statement.
I tip my hat to the guys involved in this match including the coaching staff , not the result we wanted but our attack and intent was superb and anything that happened out there should ever , ever be discouraged

Seriously , On the road in an absolute arm wrestle , 3 clutch umpiring decisions in not awarding us holding the balls ended up with Adelaide scoring 3 goals within 30 seconds ( 2 of which Adelaide immediately get the softest of Free kicks ) .
We were absolutely immense and if you do not want to recognise this well you can not be helped. I will not call you an idiot because its against forum rules but I sure as hell think you are after that stupid statement.
I tip my hat to the guys involved in this match including the coaching staff , not the result we wanted but our attack and intent was superb and anything that happened out there should ever , ever be discouraged

This is not how I saw it. I thought we continued to bomb the ball long, when it was clear very early on that the Crows had a loose man behind the play.

Yes the umpiring was s**t, but we still bombed the ball long.

I am not doubting our intent, it was just that we need to be a bit smarter. Perhaps we do not have the cattle on the park to do it.

Think Hogan and McCarthy have some stuff to work out. Don't really seem to compliment each other too well at this stage and it's not surprising Hoges best game was when McCarthy was out. Hopefully they gel.
Fyfe/Hogan look to understand each other well, as do McCarthy/Tabs (McCarthy looks for him on the lead a bit) and Hogan/Tabs have some sparks.
The decision needs to be made do they allow Hogan + McCarthy time together, or does Lobb move back forward in place of one of them.

Spot on that game will be a positive for us either way, we were immense in defeat. A couple gimme goals was all that was in it.

Hogan was the difference ..he had a quiet day and we were outmarked in our F50 but he was great last 2 weeks.

Thought effort was great as was the defence but forwards and the connection with the mids was substandard.....only matched by the umpiring. If I had to single out anyone, I thought Nyhuis was epic as was Alex Pearce and both will be pivotal against Richmond next week given the tigers have Lynch up forward and a plethora of small forwards.

This is not how I saw it. I thought we continued to bomb the ball long, when it was clear very early on that the Crows had a loose man behind the play.

Yes the umpiring was ****, but we still bombed the ball long.

I am not doubting our intent, it was just that we need to be a bit smarter. Perhaps we do not have the cattle on the park to do it.

A hell of a lot of our kids will have learnt plenty today about pressure , and if one thing your eagle eye would have noticed was both teams were not letting each other to free roll which meant options up the ground were going to be restricted or closed off due to the ball or plays initial movement being purposely stagnated . This game was an absolute masterclass of coaching by Pike & Lyon with 44 committed players playing to the letter of both coaches law. If I was going to have a crack and I am sure it will come up in the review was the opportunity to have a shot from 50 instead of trying to spot someone up in a congested 50 . That one pass too many in the attacking chain is something that has too be addressed

Turning point of the game was the 50 for throwing air (or grass)
"You can't be serious!" (John McEnroe voice
I will state 3 positives for the game
1. Cerra was moved to the midfield
2. Conca Jr (Brayshaw) had his best game this year
3. Freo get to leave that sh1thole, adelaide. Ffs it even had Pav saying dumb things in commentary. The sooner the puffers & vows merge the better, to help avoid away games over there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back