Adelaide v Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

What a bloody boring game. Its hard to find positives out of a game like that. Both sides were deplorable at times, and also really good at times. But the bad definatly outweighed the good.

Richo did fantastic didnt he Jars?? That dead eye dick. 1.4...he got enough of the ball, but he just wasnt confident enough in his kicking i guess. Dont forget he did kick 12.0 last week, but the week before he kicked 6.7. 1.4, well isnt really good, but he got a few grabs. Kerley made comment "ive watched for a while now and i just cannot find a strong point in richardsons game" which was surprising. The crows SHOULD of thumped Freo tonight. The fact that you very nearly lost it, and it took another fadeout from Freo to kick some late goals.
Mcleod...magic is all i can say. 34 touches, many of those in a brilliant first quarter and a half.

Crows just cannot seem to put teams away...they kicked 4.13 at one stage from half time till the robran incident!! Thats shocking. Was almost a lucky win. Not convincing. But neither was Freo. If Adelaide played anyone else they woulda got beaten fairly badly.
Just about every crow player went in and out of the game at times.
I found the game to be overly boring...the best moment...well i cant think of one. Well done Adelaide for winning, but i think there is still a fair way to go for Adelaide to improve.

Fremantle - well they were a rabble at times. They are so handball happy its almost laughable. The maount of handballs they gave and stuffed up in their backline was just ridiculous. Kickett...he should do that more often. They really are just too young and raw at the moment. Schell is useless. Longmuir (the tall one) did impress in the ruck. Pavlich didnt do much. Bandy has to be the worst footballer in the league at the moment. I actually thought it was the pinnacle of players in australia?? How someone can miss not once but twice from 15m out straight in front, with noone near him is beyond me. That isnt Drums fault. They just seem to have no real set plays or anything, they mainly just kick and handball in hope that someone takes it. Waterhouse was great in his game back, but again he was there only real standout with Longmuir.

Scrappy game. Umpiring was baffling at times. Fletcher ran into the umpire....gee it looked VERY similar to Curleys, but you could tell he was looking at the ball and he seemed to prop when the umpire got in his way. I reckon Jarman felt sorry for him and missed on purpose ;)

2 minutes later there was a 50m penalty or some sort of free kick which noone knew what it was for or who was taking it, it too a minute before anyone knew what was going on.

Robrans pretty hefty knock to the head looked really bad on television. REAL bad. Luckily he still has a head...reminds me of when Tredrea kneed Eastuagh in the head in the Semi in 97. His head just bolted forward....he will have a pretty big headache for a while and i hope he doesnt have a serious injury of anysort.

QT

Premiership Player
Suspended
Dec 14, 2000
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
Sorta true Macca, we wernt any good today, but if you play bad and you win, well thats a preety good sign i guess. I think that this game would have suited someone like Vardy. Once again we kicked 19 behinds again. Freo showed good spirit but i cant see them doin much this season.

Beinke's goal was the game breaker, then we kicked 3 goals in 2 mins.

B.O.G Mcleod! terrific game

Richo , well im sure they wont drop him. I think Richmond away, at the G will suit him, with less pressure (wont be 40 000 ppl watching his every move).

Anyway a win's a win, and we are 3-4, got Richmond and Brissie away in our next 2 weeks, if we can pinch one of them, we will be in decent shape for the run home

GO CROWS!

servo

All Australian
Apr 29, 2000
adelaide
I tend to agree with you Macca.

Freeo didn't really show that desperation we expect when a coach is challenged by his club. During the first quarter some of them actually seemed disinterested.

A win against Freeo, while better than a loss, does not fill me with confidence. Especially when you see the clinical demolition Essendon did on Richmond.

ant

Premiership Player
Oct 17, 2000
O.T.H. near Sophia's Bush
AFL Club
Adelaide
It would have been great to play good footy and thump Freo, but to grind out a win without playing well at least means we won't be getting ahead of ourseves and thinking we're any good. We got the win, which was the aim, and we didn't flatter ourselves win a 10 goal win against the bottom side. All the players know we have to be much improved against the better teams (for goodness sakes, kick straight boys!!) and yet at this point we're not that far out of it, percentage out of eight.

I don't think we'll get up next week but I prefer us when we're the underdogs. We should give it a real shake, we won't be expected to win, Johnson, Vards back, and the pressure well and truly off us.

Apr 20, 2001
Adelaide Oval / Anfield
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd,Liverpool, WWT Eagles.
You really don't like him do you Macca!

Give him a chance - it was his first game

Crows will beat Richmond as I am going over to see it and I have never seen the Crows lose in Melbourne.

VARDY is our most important player at the moment as he can be relied on for three or four goals usually

He kicked 6 or 7 in the corresponding game last year

Go Vards!!

Crow54

23 year veteran.
Oct 9, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well Jars, there's a first time for everything, and this will probably be your first loss in Melbourne.

For the Crows to beat Richmond on Friday night, it would mean a huge upset, like when they beat Carlton.

The guys would have to be totally tuned in for the whole game, which hasn't happened yet!! They would have to kick straight, which hasn't happened yet! But, as I said, there's a first time for everything....I just don't think this will be it as far as improved skills, etc. is concerned.

Apr 20, 2001
Adelaide Oval / Anfield
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Originally posted by Crow54
Well Jars, there's a first time for everything, and this will probably be your first loss in Melbourne.

For the Crows to beat Richmond on Friday night, it would mean a huge upset, like when they beat Carlton.

The guys would have to be totally tuned in for the whole game, which hasn't happened yet!! They would have to kick straight, which hasn't happened yet! But, as I said, there's a first time for everything....I just don't think this will be it as far as improved skills, etc. is concerned.

Have faith crow54 we usually play well against the Tigers

I know we will be underdogs but that will help us

Richmond were woeful against Essendon

I think the key is stopping Matty Richardson.

Perhaps Stenglein will get the job on Bowden who is very dangerous.

With Jarman McLeod Goodwin etc in top from our prime concern is kicking goals

With Vardy back and with Richo having a game under his belt, we should hopefully be OK.

ant

Premiership Player
Oct 17, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
The match ups on Matty Richardson and Brad Ottens are the keys, I don't know who we possibly have that can control them. Barring any training accidents (which inevitably occur) we should have our best side on the field this week, so there won't be any excuses personnel wise for us. Like Crow54, I reckon your run of seeing the crows win in Melbourne will end this week Jars (sadly). :)

Apr 20, 2001
Adelaide Oval / Anfield
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Originally posted by ant
The match ups on Matty Richardson and Brad Ottens are the keys, I don't know who we possibly have that can control them. Barring any training accidents (which inevitably occur) we should have our best side on the field this week, so there won't be any excuses personnel wise for us. Like Crow54, I reckon your run of seeing the crows win in Melbourne will end this week Jars (sadly). :)

Stevens on Ottens - good match up.

Richo is a concern - Hart may be a chance or perhaps Crowell.

At least Rogers is out for them - he provides good goalscoring options

Holland is playing pretty poorly from what I can gather.

I think this year Bicks is in better form to tackle Knights. Last year he let him kick three before Nigel moved onto him and beat him.

ant

Premiership Player
Oct 17, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well Jars, we got to stop the supply to the forwards and win the midfield, which won't be easy but is possible.

Ottens has too much height Stevens in a marking contest I would have thought, Richo will dominate both Hart or Crowell. Too much strength and height, though who knows.

QT, I love your tips, I just tip the opposite to whatever you reckon!! :)

Apr 20, 2001
Adelaide Oval / Anfield
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
My unbeaten record in Melbourne remains intact

Great to see Richmond supporters leave before the game was over

Crowd was very quiet which was good as gave me a captive audience to listen to my hunorous comments and furious umpire bagging.

Bryan Sheehan should quite umpiring now - a disgrace

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crow54

23 year veteran.
Oct 9, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Originally posted by Jars458
My unbeaten record in Melbourne remains intact

Great to see Richmond supporters leave before the game was over

Crowd was very quiet which was good as gave me a captive audience to listen to my hunorous comments and furious umpire bagging.

Bryan Sheehan should quite umpiring now - a disgrace

Glad that your record remains intact!!!

About Bryan Sheehan, someone came up with the stats that our record of winning when he umpires us is very low... coincidence???? I don't think so.

Amazing what a win can do - now Macca is odds-on to win the Brownlow, and the Crows are already being tipped for the final 8!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back