Preview Adelaide V Geelong........Last roll of the dice!

Will it be Patrick or Rodney that takes to the field this Thursday?

• Rodney will relive his funniest moment with a little help from Rory!

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Patrick will burn us a new one.

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Patrick will line up Rory, miss and cannon into Joel's head.

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Patty to again hit the turf after Rory shows him his contract!

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Harry is either ordering a leg ham for Josh or is in doubt Thursday night. Which would mean no ham for Jenko:'(

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-07-09/key-cat-harry-taylor-racing-the-clock-for-crows-clash

607334-tlslargelandscape.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stop dragon this out...
Hey Feen, I mentioned this on the changes thread, but what do you think about the concept of Gooch going in the midfield with the assignment of exploiting Gary Ablett's lack of accountability. Using his pace and Gary's inability to apply defensive pressure to get some breakaway clearances.

Personally I just want to see Gooch in the midfield more, especially now Dougy's on the sideline for 3 weeks. But this could really play to his strengths and give him a great confidence boost if it worked!

Hey Feen, I mentioned this on the changes thread, but what do you think about the concept of Gooch going in the midfield with the assignment of exploiting Gary Ablett's lack of accountability. Using his pace and Gary's inability to apply defensive pressure to get some breakaway clearances.

Personally I just want to see Gooch in the midfield more, especially now Dougy's on the sideline for 3 weeks. But this could really play to his strengths and give him a great confidence boost if it worked!
I'd say Gooch needs to be in the mids rotation anyway. Personally I'd strap him to GAJ and give him one instruction - learn.

I'd say Gooch needs to be in the mids rotation anyway. Personally I'd strap him to GAJ and give him one instruction - learn.
Gary is a master at positioning and running patterns, so Gooch would learn plenty with a run with role, even if its only for 5-7 mins a quarter! I guess i'm just hoping strategically we can exploit him going the other way too and get some linebreaking from the clearance, rather then just bombs to CHF that get chopped off by the spare defender.

100% agree with Gooch being a permanent fixture in the midfield rotation, minutes in the midfield for him is as valuable for him as it will be for us. His pace and spark is a weapon that this midfield is painfully lacking!

Gary is a master at positioning and running patterns, so Gooch would learn plenty with a run with role, even if its only for 5-7 mins a quarter! I guess i'm just hoping strategically we can exploit him going the other way too and get some linebreaking from the clearance, rather then just bombs to CHF that get chopped off by the spare defender.

100% agree with Gooch being a permanent fixture in the midfield rotation, minutes in the midfield for him is as valuable for him as it will be for us. His pace and spark is a weapon that this midfield is painfully lacking!
You free next year?

Back