Game Day Adelaide v Hawks on the fork - Adelaide Oval, 4:05pm Sat March 23

Winning Margin for the Game?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just want to clarify when I was having a go at the supporters at the game not supporting the team DURING the game is completely different to criticising them or even booing them off the field once the game is over.

But the crowd DURING a game serve one purpose, to SUPPORT the home team and not groan and moan. But once the siren goes people obviously are free to sing the song and cheer and clap after a victory and equally should be free to boo to show their displeasure at the performance. My issue is the crowd can have an impact on the game, today it was a negative impact if any . And it was our own home crowd. Boo them after the siren, support them until then. Creates an air of negativity and gives the oppo a sense of we have a sniff here if the crowd is flat 3 minutes in.

Having said that, that would be one of the worst performances I have ever seen from a crows team since being at the very first game. As bad as the 70 point to zero quarter against North under pyke. And Neil Craig against Richmond when they sucked . It was so bad that I hope it's one we can just put away and move on, and it's a once off. Cos if it's not we are ****ed.

Just want to clarify when I was having a go at the supporters at the game not supporting the team DURING the game is completely different to criticising them or even booing them off the field once the game is over.

But the crowd DURING a game serve one purpose, to SUPPORT the home team and not groan and moan. But once the siren goes people obviously are free to sing the song and cheer and clap after a victory and equally should be free to boo to show their displeasure at the performance. My issue is the crowd can have an impact on the game, today it was a negative impact if any . And it was our own home crowd. Boo them after the siren, support them until then. Creates an air of negativity and gives the oppo a sense of we have a sniff here if the crowd is flat 3 minutes in.

Having said that, that would be one of the worst performances I have ever seen from a crows team since being at the very first game. As bad as the 70 point to zero quarter against North under pyke. And Neil Craig against Richmond when they sucked . It was so bad that I hope it's one we can just put away and move on, and it's a once off. Cos if it's not we are ******.

Nah, you're way off the mark.

Heard that a lot of times when we miss out with our late little run. We weren't winning it. It was a fleeting little rush. Doesn't really matter either, we asked for and got what should have happened with our disinterest etc.

There wasnt even a run here.

We kicked two goals in a half. What a hot streak. We were never over running them. From the point they kicked the first goal.

Nah, you're way off the mark.

It's just patently absurd.

Yeah, our fans should embarrass themselves by pretending to be excited by some of the worst football you'll ever see. I'm sure they'd come back week after week to perform that labour.

How is that a recruitment problem though?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

No you are right. It isn't as far as talent identification is concerned.
Be nice to have another young key forward or two, and maybe a Ruck talent waiting in the wings though. Be even better if we started blooding them now seeing how long they take to come on and noticing that our current crop are about ready to fall off the cliff.

Just watching Charlie Cameron. His pace is what's missing. If we offered some of the Gibbs money and kept those 2 picks (10 and 16). Some class players we missed out on.
Also if we played McGovern in the 2017 gf over Otten he would still be here. I know it's weak he left over that and most likely fell out with a couple of players or staff but picking Otten pretty much sums us up. Now a lot of our problems seem to have originated when burton came on board and maybe for all i know he doesnt have a great deal of say. But i would like to know who is the puppeteer down there pulling the strings as whoever they are is pulling the wrong ones with list management, player payments and trade and draft strategy.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you kidding? Our recruiting is the least of our problems.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
How do you work that out , with the many players that should be dropped and who apart from Greenwood has the runs on board to come in or has performed to really say pick me pick me.
Apart from Milera and Doedee how have our picks gone or really showing they will be the future stars.
Even Carlton are out smarting us now in trade deals. Surely after seeing so many kids starring on weekend, we are not going to inflate our trading --drafting .
Disappointing day but season far from over but have to be pretty rose coloured to say our football dept. have scored well at draft or trade table over last few seasons.

Having said that, that would be one of the worst performances I have ever seen from a crows team since being at the very first game. As bad as the 70 point to zero quarter against North under pyke. And Neil Craig against Richmond when they sucked . It was so bad that I hope it's one we can just put away and move on, and it's a once off. Cos if it's not we are ******.

Mate what kind of delusional utopian vision do you have.

People are entitled to groan and boo at the s**t that was served up

Mate what kind of delusional utopian vision do you have.

People are entitled to groan and boo at the s**t that was served up
Absolutely. But it does have a negative impact when it's from 3 mins into the game to the end. Show your displeasure at the s**t that was served up after the game. Not pre emptively. We were down by 10 points around half time and the crowd were acting like we were down by 40.

Overated by this boatd again said it in the pre season, tex jacobs betts were the unknowns and we dont have replacenents

In the next few weeks the club will need to decide if to think can they win the flag or is it development time and play mchenry fog himmelberg rob and look at 3 years time

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

The only positive - it's only Round 1. Port beat Melbourne. The Bulldogs beat the Swans. The Lions beat the Eagles. The Cats beat the Pies.

I would be surprised if any of those results made sense by Round 15.

Early wins are paramount as they build momentum.

For us historically

When we lose Round 1 we have only gone on to make the finals 38% of the time, we've also only ever made the top 4 once after losing Round 1 (2005)

It doesn't help us either that we don't have a soft round 2 opponent to settle the ship, Sydney at the SCG is a brutal draw to have after a disappointing first round. If we lose that we have only ever made the finals once in our history after losing our first two games and have never made the top 4 from that position.

If we lose next week our past history says that we won't make the top 4 and will only be a slim outside chance to make the 8.

Last edited:
Early wins are paramount as they build momentum.

For us historically

When we lose Round 1 we have only gone to make the finals 38% of the time, we've also only ever made the top 4 once after losing Round 1 (2005)

It doesn't help us either that we don't have a soft round 2 opponent to settle the ship, Sydney at the SCG is a brutal draw to have after a disappointing first round. If we lose that we have only ever made the finals once in our history after losing our first two games and have never made the top 4 from that position.

If we lose next week our past history says that we won't make the top 4 and will only be a slim outside chance to make the 8.
Plus we dropped a home game.

Back