Game Day Adelaide V Melbourne @ MCG: A Bugg's Life

Remove this Banner Ad

People do need to realise that SC points are the best way of fantasy of actually seeing the impact a player had on a game.....Much better than Fantasy and DT which rate pure numbers

Not that Mackay was that great today, nor was he has bad as some are making out. Most players had a few shocking disposals, so he was hardly alone

If you take out all the terrible mistakes we made that's a 10 goal win.

Melbourne huff and puff but they aren't much.

And if you take out Melbourne's terrible mistakes you would have a 5 goal loss. Mistakes on both sides evened out as far I saw so I think the margin is about right.

DL.

I just text a mate saying virtually the same thing. This week the lesson was learnt. We got the shitness out of our system. Will snap the Blues in two.
That's what we were saying about this match. We call out port fans for being overconfident and expecting to beat lower sides like Carlton. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Thought Hartigan played a very important game today. Saved the day quite a few times.
He had the lowest DT and SC score in the whole game, but that doesn't tell the story at all.

Agreed - has become a very important part of our backline. Love his consistently leaving his man to help out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep and on the flip side, our second quarters have been terrible in the last few.
Great point here. An oppo supporter mentioned as much this week while still saying we are up there. We drop off in the second this yr yet have arrested poor starts. Used to be the third. There's always a point where we drop off. The second is the safest I guess.

And if you take out Melbourne's terrible mistakes you would have a 5 goal loss. Mistakes on both sides evened out as far I saw so I think the margin is about right.

DL.
Here's the thing about mistakes- when we make them it's frustrating because we're better than that, and when you make them it's because of (a) our awesome pressure and (b) you're crap ;)

Good game from you guys, you've got some talent there and will climb again next year. Past Port at least.

Great point here. An oppo supporter mentioned as much this week while still saying we are up there. We drop off in the second this yr yet have arrested poor starts. Used to be the third. There's always a point where we drop off. The second is the safest I guess.
Yep so long as we are in front at the end I suppose, my only concern is dropping off like that against a great side could be costly. Will find out against Geelong at SS how far we have come on this year IMO.

Last year, it was first quarters. We used to give teams a head start every week. At least we are building a lead first this year, then letting them get back to even. Safer than giving them a start and playing catchup.

Yep so long as we are in front at the end I suppose, my only concern is dropping off like that against a great side could be costly. Will find out against Geelong at SS how far we have come on this year IMO.
Can't wait for that one but just gotta take it week by week.;):D

Piss poor effort by our defence! Problems are a lack of pace in backline, hartigan, cheney are our achilles heel along with mackay and midfield depth.. Would get hampton in as quick as possible and give doedee a run and substitute mackay for seedsman. In my eyes you are done mackay.Happy to not even mention that match ever again!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back