Game Day Adelaide V Melbourne @ MCG: A Bugg's Life

Remove this Banner Ad

First deliberate behind ever paid? And it went against us what a shock.....
If we're totally honest, that one was probably there but you'd want to see that sort of thing consistently paid, which it isn't - in every match there's several deliberately rushed behinds which are almost never paid.

Tex was BOG for mine.

Thommo and Mackay the weak links in our midfield, while our backline were diabolical for the first three quarters.

A few players looking tired/sore so we might see a few changes this week.

How can they be tired? Just had a 2 week break then a 10 day break.

Think we did well for the win.
Melb only lost to the Hawks by like 12 or so points at the G, also lost to the dogs by 20 odd.
They aren't the rabble they once were.
Yeah we also can't win with a great display every week, no one can do that.
Grinding out tough wins is what makes or breaks a season.
It is what we were poor at being able to do.

Melbourne are not what they were, much tougher opponent now.
Take the 2nd quarter out and we played fine.

Hawthorn were losing to Gold Coast and to Brisbane in their games against them recently.
Still happy with how the season is tracking.

Got the job done, however ugly. Thank Christ that's over with. What a dismal game to watch!

If we can make one fixturing request, can it PLEASE be to never play Melbourne at the MCG again? Every single ******* year it's the worst game...
Hardly a dismal game when one side scores 18 goals to the oppositions 15. Would have been a great game for a neutral.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hardly a dismal game when one side scores 18 goals to the oppositions 15. Would have been a great game for a neutral.

No, it was dismal. When you say "18 goals to 15" you imagine a free-flowing, attacking game of football. You don't imagine sides continually scoring goals because both sides spot up opposition players, or fumble marks, or make awful decisions for the whole match.

It would have been interesting for a neutral in the sense that it was close, but the standard of footy being played was terrible.

No, it was dismal. When you say "18 goals to 15" you imagine a free-flowing, attacking game of football. You don't imagine sides continually scoring goals because both sides spot up opposition players, or fumble marks, or make awful decisions for the whole match.

It would have been interesting for a neutral in the sense that it was close, but the standard of footy being played was terrible.
Actually, the bulk of our shocking turnovers were in the second quarter (except for Lever who shanked it every time he touched it).

[Edit: Sorry and Brad crouchs dumb kick running out of the pack in the Dees goal square with 5 mins to go. Ummm, toward the boundary line Brad (as they teach you in under 10's).]

We really controlled the second half (10.7 to 5.4). Were some shocking umpiring non calls plus Trx's dumb 50 metre penalty that cost us 3 of those 5 goals.

If you say our first half was dismal, then apart from the first 10 mins where we were OK. I would agree.

Got the job done, however ugly. Thank Christ that's over with. What a dismal game to watch!

If we can make one fixturing request, can it PLEASE be to never play Melbourne at the MCG again? Every single ******* year it's the worst game...
I think last night takes that mantle judging from the scoreline.

Actually, the bulk of our shocking turnovers were in the second quarter (except for Lever who shanked it every time he touched it).

[Edit: Sorry and Brad crouchs dumb kick running out of the pack in the Dees goal square with 5 mins to go. Ummm, toward the boundary line Brad (as they teach you in under 10's).]

We really controlled the second half (10.7 to 5.4). Were some shocking umpiring non calls plus Trx's dumb 50 metre penalty that cost us 3 of those 5 goals.

If you say our first half was dismal, then apart from the first 10 mins where we were OK. I would agree.
I wondered why we didn't go 3rd man up and punch it through the goals..or is that considered deliberate? Twice it was thrown up and it fell to the feet. Brad cleared the ball. I don't blame him for that one.

I wondered why we didn't go 3rd man up and punch it through the goals..or is that considered deliberate? Twice it was thrown up and it fell to the feet. Brad cleared the ball. I don't blame him for that one.
I think it's a free kick to the opposition if the ball's deliberately punched through the goal posts in that situation. That's probably why we didn't do it. Very frustrating to watch.

That's as I see it too. Going for the Hollywood plays and doing it casually.

They won't kick 8 in a quarter again, just need to switch back on and get back to basics. We couldn't have been worse and they couldn't been better, but only 11 points the diff.

Still confident we will pull away

Nostradamus! :thumbsu:

Just to quieten the Mackay haters yet again :rolleyes:

SUPERCOACH SCORES .......Brad rated higher than Matt ?

Adelaide

27 Tom Lynch 105
9 Rory Sloane 104
13 Taylor Walker 101
18 Eddie Betts 97
29 Rory Laird 94
24 Sam Jacobs 89
14 David Mackay 87
26 Richard Douglas 86
2 Brad Crouch 85
31 Jarryd Lyons 84
23 Charlie Cameron 82
4 Josh Jenkins 80
5 Scott Thompson 76
41 Mitch McGovern 71
21 Rory Atkins 68
25 Kyle Cheney 65
44 Matt Crouch 64
33 Brodie Smith 59
16 Luke Brown 51
12 Daniel Talia 50
6 Jake Lever 33
15 Kyle Hartigan 33

Aren't you the guy who always say you can't use stats when looking at the game?

About time we had a decent Friday night game.

Hasn't been a decent one since we played

Aren't you the guy who always say you can't use stats when looking at the game?
Yes correct :) ......:)but this saying Mackay was largely ineffectual and calling for him to get dropped, now on a weekly basis is getting irritating

Clearly posters don't watch the game's finer points or understand structures

Mackay has his obvious flaws in thathe doesn't have a strong body or look an AFL footballer in many posters eyes ........but he plays week after week, and was rushed back into the side

Suggest people take the bias glasses off and study the game more closely ........that's not to say he's immune to bad games or stuff ups ......all players have them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back