Game Day Adelaide V Richmond. Put A Tiger In Your Tank.

Carmo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
They were amazing last year and may well be extremely good again this year.

However you feel they are also one Dustin Martin injury away from missing the eight.
I rated them last year. Some worrying signs for them tho, these two results, selfishness esp in carlton game. They do have some injuries too tho.

Big Crow

Cancelled
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
AO has half the capacity of the MCG. If you think too few real fans get to see the grand final as it is, what would it be like with 50,000 less? I have no problem with the MCG, just with poor umpiring.
Turf the corporates and nearly 20,000 more real fans could get in even at the smaller Adelaide Oval.

Says a lot about what’s important to the league, and it’s not the fans or fairness of competition.

AFC3000

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Turf the corporates and nearly 20,000 more real fans could get in even at the smaller Adelaide Oval.

Says a lot about what’s important to the league, and it’s not the fans or fairness of competition.

Works in much bigger countries, no reason a small country like ours really needs 100k in there.

I'd actually be happy for them to significantly raise prices to make it up too, would still be cheaper than last minute flights and accommodation.

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Impressive win especially given your injuries. I noticed when Jenkins marked at about 2 minutes played in Q1 the old stager Rance was already taking his first dive to try to milk a free. So obvious too. Why Rance isn't fined is beyond me. The worst faker in the competition. Glad you guys gave them a whipping.

Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Impressive win especially given your injuries. I noticed when Jenkins marked at about 2 minutes played in Q1 the old stager Rance was already taking his first dive to try to milk a free. So obvious too. Why Rance isn't fined is beyond me. The worst faker in the competition. Glad you guys gave them a whipping.
You are right and it was completely obvious. It was also worse than Maynards dive from last week, so will be interesting to see if anything comes of it. I doubt it will because it's Rance.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Went to the match tonight and was a great win. Really impressed by doedee, composed and going to be a gun. Same for fogarty, does not look out of place out there. A brute for an 18 year old. Lairdy was his usual self, awesome. Sloane was a beast as usual. Talia really put in tonight and played well. Jenkins played well although he can still frustrate. Greenwood very good, seed good, walker good and he gives the team a big lift being out there. Milera very good, half back is his spot.
Major concern for me is betts, did some good things but completely out of sorts. Need more from him as well as mcgovern. Kelly was ok. Mackay was ok. Jacobs was meh but is looking slow. Hartigan can do more, needs to start producing more marks and offensive run. Gibbs was pretty good. Murphy was good. All around a good team performance. Hopefully we get back mcrouch, knight, keath and lynch soon. Keep playing fogarty, that aggression is needed, what a pick.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Fact: you played from behind and gave away free kick after free kick - even my Richmond supporting brother said so (and he's a Vic cop and always right!). Learning to tackle without tripping or going for the ball and not the head would be a good start.
Yeah but TBF they thought the GF umpiring would just casually roll over into this game. LOL.

Big Gazoongas

Cancelled
May 18, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Triple your bad years and double your crowds. You have know idea of history my friend.

Mmm history.

Lets see, you should kiss the ass of every non vic club for rescuing your bankrupt VFL competition. The reason your club is alive and breathing today is because of the licensing fees to join the "AFL", a national competition were pumped back into the bankrupt VFL.

If it wasn't for the millions pored into your bankrupt competition your club would be playing in some no name amateur league and you'd be to embarrassed to even mention you once followed your Tigers.

Your Welcome

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Swans fans had it far worse in 2016, there were literally two different sets of rules. Greatest stitch up I’ve ever seen, they never had a chance.
The AFL have a special book of rules for Grand Finals. It's called "Gill's Fairy Tale Rules". There's a picture of a big castle on the front. My dad used to read it to me as a boy.

It starts "Once upon a time there was yet another Melbourne based team who weren't very good. No matter how hard thy trained or how much cash the AFL injected to prop them up they just couldn't win a GF, until one day a prince named Gill rode up on his beautiful white horse...."

Apsaalooke

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Ozark Mountain Daredevils
Betts is jus not clicking. Is it mental? Has he suddenly lost a step? It’s strange.
The opposition is putting a lot of work into him and limiting his space. Hopefully as other attacking options emerge for us they'll have to cover them better which means they have to put lesser players on Eddie and he finds his form again.

Back