Adelaide v WCE, who and by how much (AND) crowd predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard that international cricket may still be played at Adelaide Oval during construction, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

I reckon the first day of the AAMI Stadium test match in the 2012/13 summer will get a bigger crowd than this Saturday. :D

Well, there was nobody around during the demolition of the old members, but play continued while the new members was under construction. However, with that stand only 1/3 of the ground was fenced off, and none of the three gates - this latest bout of construction and demolition is going to have about 3/5ths of the ground behind safety fences (more if they suddenly decide the Fig trees are an engineering hazard and need to be removed along with the old scoreboard for OH&S reasons oh look there's room for another stand now), along with every entrance to the ground bar the northern gate in the parklands. It's going to be difficult getting people in and out, and finding places for them to sit, while construction is ongoing this time.

I think our depth is very good, and having looked at Adelaide this preseason believe our club matches up well against them.

I think our fowards can expose them even with Kennedy and Lynch missing.

Our midfield seems to be spreading very well at the moment and i beleive we will get on top there and win the game.

We love to play Adelaide and have a very good finals record against them.

So I think we will win by 4 goals.

Crowd 26000.00

I'm going to the game and have not once ever seen Adelaide win a game live. (been 7 times) So West Coast by 2 goals.

Crowd 22,534

Be interesting to see what WCE do. A near full strength StKilda side was easily accounted for without the likes of Kennedy, Lecras, Shuey, Gaff, Glass, Hurn, Embley, Lynch (Basically playing without our first string fwd line). If West Coast make a few changes then I can see us eaily accounting for Adelaide. If we choose to keep rotating, it could be a close one.

Crowd 19K and West coast by 18 points. Masten to win the Tuck Medal.

Although Worsfold has stated WC always like to win every game of football they are involved in I think WC might dog this one a bit to avoid injury. Adelaide want it more, therefore Adelaide.

Even without a forward line we will win this one comfortably.

Our backline is too solid, Glass and Hurn are the best defensive duo in the league and our press and running game will be too strong.

Coasters by 28pts.

Yep Crows may as well not turn up. Just ignore their last two games, 10 goal plus drubbings of Brisbane and Collingwood and also their home ground advantage, it all counts for nothing. Obviously Glass and Hurn will just smash Tippet, Walker, Lynch, Mckernan and Porplyzia, they're all easybeats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Somehow I still dont think this is high on the Eagles agenda.
Adelaide will prob want it more and win by bout 30 points

Yep Crows may as well not turn up. Just ignore their last two games, 10 goal plus drubbings of Brisbane and Collingwood and also their home ground advantage, it all counts for nothing. Obviously Glass and Hurn will just smash Tippet, Walker, Lynch, Mckernan and Porplyzia, they're all easybeats.

Lets be honest, you haven't played a team that has fielded a side close to AFL standard yet, you will this week and find it too tough. Hope its a good game and no injuries.

Somehow I still dont think this is high on the Eagles agenda.
Adelaide will prob want it more and win by bout 30 points

Yeah I think your right. I still believe the WCE will put up a fight but round 1 is what they are looking forward to.

"WEST Coast captain Darren Glass says the Eagles would love to win Saturday night's NAB Cup Grand Final against Adelaide, but insists preparation for round one will remain the team's priority"

There we go...spoken by Glass himself :)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/130524/default.aspx

Lets be honest, you haven't played a team that has fielded a side close to AFL standard yet, you will this week and find it too tough. Hope its a good game and no injuries.

Really, the arrogance of some supporters of the wooden spoon winning team from 18 months ago is quite simply astounding. If you think that collingwoods side last week which had Jolly, Cloke, Dawes, Maxwell, Swan, Pendlebury, Reid and Sidebottom is "not even close to AFL standard", that says a lot.

And Carlton, Port Adelaide and Brisbane saw the same thing, a team not up to AFL Standard.

We were resting on average 10 players competing for our best 22 in each of those 3 games.

Radelaide Bros to be exposed down back. Forward line will struggle with Tex and Tippo not gelling well, before Porps comes to the party and kicks a few in combination with Wright/Callinan. Midfield to be even stevens.

Result could go either way, but there will be a period where WCE obliterate the Crows backline for half a quarter or more and we go into disaster management for a while. Should be good to see what defensive strategies we have for the rest of the season while our backline develops.

Adelaide because they seem to want it more. Any WC supporters going on about it being an easy win obviously have forgotten that it's the NAB cup and anything can happen. Plus Adelaide are playing good football regardless of who they have been playing.

I love how west coast fans now think their team is so good after one good but not great season, which was preceded by years of cellar dwelling before that. One ok season does not mean anything until you back it up. :rolleyes: Would not be surprised if 2011 was a fluke and their back down the bottom of the ladder again in 2012.

Those of you saying "If we field a full team, we will walk all over adelaide blah blah" get over it, west coast are an average side at best in my books (same with adelaide).

I love how west coast fans now think their team is so good after one good but not great season, which was preceded by years of cellar dwelling before that. One ok season does not mean anything until you back it up. :rolleyes: Would not be surprised if 2011 was a fluke and their back down the bottom of the ladder again in 2012.

Those of you saying "If we field a full team, we will walk all over adelaide blah blah" get over it, west coast are an average side at best in my books (same with adelaide).

Jealous that what we did in 1 year you have tried to do for the last 10?

Its okay 2012 will be your year...surely?

If WCE improve their forward entries by dumping their aging wingmen/flankers in Embley and Nicoski for young kids like Gaff, Weedon and Stevens, then they will be a force. Strong depth all over the ground, a fortress of a home ground. And you better believe it pains me to say this - they are my equal least favourite team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back