Preview Adelaide vs Essendon, Adelaide Oval, Friday 19/07/19, 7:50 AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the VFL having a bye, I would say they have taken a larger squad over. 6 players confirmed on the flight who didn’t play last week.

If Fantasia is fit,

Looks like it’s,

Ins: Snelling Hartley Heppell
Outs: Guelfi Hurley Langford

Not against it, dropping Langford to give Snelling a crack!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If Fantasia is fit,

Looks like it’s,

Ins: Snelling Hartley Heppell
Outs: Guelfi Hurley Langford

Not against it, dropping Langford to give Snelling a crack!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I reckon Ambrose is in for sure, wouldn’t take him to be an emergency and would know by now with a quad if he’s right to go or not.

In: Snelling, Ambrose, Heppell, Begley
Out: Hurley, Laverde, Langford, Fantasia

We’ll find out shortly, but I assume Fantasia is out and Snelling in. Also, Heppell and Ambrose in for Laverde and Hurley.

I wouldnt drop Laverde now. As a third tall he is important for when we swap Hooker and Brown fwd/def as he can then play the lead up role that Brown does.

This allows Hooker to play deep and McKernan the freedom to go into the ruck when needed.

Laverde isnt in great touch, but as long as we keep Stringer and McKernan rotating through the middle and the bench as well, Laverde has carved out a nice little niche for himself.

I wouldnt drop Laverde now. As a third tall he is important for when we swap Hooker and Brown fwd/def as he can then play the lead up role that Brown does.

This allows Hooker to play deep and McKernan the freedom to go into the ruck when needed.

Laverde isnt in great touch, but as long as we keep Stringer and McKernan rotating through the middle and the bench as well, Laverde has carved out a nice little niche for himself.
Dropping Laverde is not on the cards. Building nicely

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really unsure about this game. Whatever personnel is out there.

Quite silly as I think our form over the last 6-7 weeks does exceed Adelaide... but potentially too many factors to overcome this time.

I think if we can keep the margin within a few goals we will have done well. We are currently a 29 point margin above the 100% percentage barrier... it's such a juvenile thing, but I would like to stay above this mark for the remainder of the year.

If we go down and the Giants and Port lose (both are underdogs and I am expecting both to lose) as well as the Saints pulling off an upset over the Dogs in their first game with a new coach (50/50) ... then a loss here really won't be the end of the world in terms of our season, as long as we rebound strongly in the next few games.

We were under the impression that Snelling was a mid in the mould of Devon Smith, however Twomey has him pegged as a small forward;
"Will Snelling: The Bombers' pick at the NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft has been in strong form in the VFL. Has been kicking goals and laying tackles in a bid to break into the senior side as a small forward."

If he is training as a small forward then that almost definitely has to mean Fantasia is being rested (assuming injury). Ambrose in for Hurley seems obvious. Heppell is test, he will probably be named and then a late withdrawal if he's not 100% fit an hour before the game, which means someone will be omit/emg? Langford has been hitting his straps the last few weeks but it's not outside the realm of possibility that he'll be Heppell's understudy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back