Preview Adelaide vs Essendon, Adelaide Oval, Friday 19/07/19, 7:50 AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the feeling Adelaide are really focused more then previous weeks. It’s a real 8 point game. Rushing Lynch back too. That smell of desperation seems to be there. I wouldn’t be shocked to see Hooker as a late withdrawal and Zerk-Thatcher in. Interesting Laverde is an emergency. I’m assuming he travelled over? Just shows three weeks of tough hard fought footy does pay a toll. I reckon Saad is pretty sore too. Still I think it will be a tight and interesting game..again.

Were embrassed in the showdown Crows wouldn't want another loss at home going to be tough

We've stolen 2 of the last 3 so we're already in front, stop the panic.
Good selected side [forced selections are Woosha's best] we're up for this, due to play more than a quarter, we win.
Have faith my little negative nuff nuff friends.

Ambrose to Tex
Hartley to JJ (can follow him into the ruck when he pushes in there too)
Lynch is the one to worry about. he's there link up forward and will get up the ground a bit. Francis should be good to cover him with support.
Or stick Brown back there and free up Francis by pushing Redman or McKenna up on the wing a bit.

not the best team to be tackling a full strength Crows.
But what can you do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strange time to manage Laverde with McKernan having to play majority in the ruck and with Suns next week.
Could be a Langford/? forward, Heppell in kind of thing, or if Heppell is withdrawn, Langford/? mid and Laverde in.

We've played 8 mids ever since we started this run of form. I don't think we'll suddenly start playing 9 mids and four forwards now (assuming Smack is ruck).

Could be a Langford/? forward, Heppell in kind of thing, or if Heppell is withdrawn, Langford/? mid and Laverde in.

We've played 8 mids ever since we started this run of form. I don't think we'll suddenly start playing 9 mids and four forwards now (assuming Smack is ruck).

Yeah probably right. Langford as a forward would be good. Weird that they have an out as ‘managed’ but he’s an emergency.

Yeah probably right. Langford as a forward would be good. Weird that they have an out as ‘managed’ but he’s an emergency.
It's a VFL bye this week so he can't play there, and as Zach Package said he could probably use the rest. But it wouldn't be the first time someone was managed when it was convenient and then became a late in when being rested was no longer convenient.

Yep really not confident now looking at that team. As others have said we look quite unbalanced. If we pull this off it'll really show how far we've come over the past 12-24 months mentally and with our systems and structures. Hopeful but really not confident.

Go Bombers!

Feel like we lost a lot at the selection table (not much can be done about it):
  • Laverde seems to have been really important to our forward line in the last few weeks. I don't think Francis can replace him.
  • ROB is going to smack us around in the center, and then probably clunk a few marks forward - he is going to crush us. If McKernan and Hooker break even we stand a chance (but that's a lot to put at their feet).

Will be very impressed if the boys can sneak a W in Adelaide.

If it was up to me I’d be biting the bullet and tossing Hartley in the ruck, yes it’s probably not going to be pretty but it’s the easiest way to not upset the applecart.

Instead of essentially having to turn the spine of the side upside down to cobble something together all we’d be doing is a like for like swap of Ambrose for Hurley and swapping ruckmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back