Preview Adelaide vs Fremantle - Saturday 27 May

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Griffin in the ruck is fine.. he'll battle hard and split the contest. Up forward he's slow. Got faith in him. Tucker will be a good addition. If it rains could we see Tabs left behind and play for Peel just to keep match fitness/confidence? He was frustrated and disappointed all game last Sunday..

Personally I reckon we'll lose this by 6-8 goals but there's just some optimism building slowly. I think the only chance we have of winning is dominating the midfield battle and a bag from either Kersten/Tabs/CMac with mids chipping in a few goals. If we can close down their forward precision entries that'll go a long way to help too. Interesting to see how Hamling goes on Tex as well. Both in good form.

Griffin in the ruck is fine.. he'll battle hard and split the contest. Up forward he's slow. Got faith in him. Tucker will be a good addition. If it rains could we see Tabs left behind and play for Peel just to keep match fitness/confidence? He was frustrated and disappointed all game last Sunday..

I wouldn't leave out Tabs on Sat. You can't base it on last week, it won't be that wet.

He did one thing well on Sun which was compete and bring the ball down, so the small can hit the ball. At least two goal came from Tab getting the ball to the ground for our smalls. It was not a day for big men.

You have to like the team rewarding (fairly and on talent) nearly all our indigenous boys in this game, you never know it may give the team a spark.

Resting Sandi, sorry I mean taking care of the hammi for one week is also a really good idea. Will still enjoy this game even if the result is not what I want.

I think it's a case of Sandi being managed which I'm hugely in favour of but we don't want the AFL getting their panties in a twist again so we're attributing it to a hamstring niggle
yep. had the same thought after they were using griffin in the indig jumper promo earlier in the week which at the time raised the eyebrows til i saw sandi "injured"

#fakeinjury #actuallyresting

Would not surprise now if Sandi does not play until rd 14. I am of the belief that unless there are recovery issues, you keep playing. Why is MJ not getting rested?

Coaches do not say "he needs a rest". The medico's etc will come up with a recommendation, and that gets accepted or not. A player like Ballantyne will say all the right noises, others might be a bit less optimistic. In my opinion, Ballas will now be 6 weeks out of Freo. Bennell, for example, well if he plays a quarter for Peel reserves and sits out, I think most of us would be happy with that (apart from Peel reserves and supporters).

It is never a choice to get injured, or re-injure. It is an unfortunate circumstance. Pressure is huge, and enthusiasm can be greater.

I believe if he had no niggles, he would be playing this game, a short(er) travel....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel we'll win. Just feel it. Good to see the indigenous boys getting a shot. Btw is there any frame for how much longer A.Pearce is out for?

We need to gradually build into form - it's too early to over egg it this early in the season. If we were to beat Adelaide as well, the hype would crank up and it gets harder to gradually build into form.
Therefore, it's probably not a bad one to drop really, whilst experimenting with things.
If it takes Fyfe and McCarthy until late in the season to hit peak form, all well and good.
In the meantime we have to stay in the mix and within shooting distance of a finals tilt.
I don't think RTB will mind if we drop this game whilst not embarrassing ourselves.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

64347730.jpg

Adelaide forecast is for showers developing during the afternoon & evening,4-10mm of rainfall....The wet weather should even things up imo...I can feel a massive upset coming!

Theoretically I agree and I like your optimism but the way we performed against Carlton when it was wet makes me even more worried.

Peel have a bye because of the State game in Victoria

It's good to see sandilands rested due to a injury or not he is Fremantles most important player due to his dominance in the ruck. We get a fresh sandilands and it gives us a higher chance of making the finals

Some pretty strange selections by Adelaide. They are going in very tall and slow given the likely wet conditions. If the forwards get silver service they'll be laughing but if our midfield can win the clearances and apply decent pressure we could cause an upset. After Sandi was an out I thought we were going to get thumped but now not so sure. Still going to be very tough to win.

Yesterday we were like $5.20 for the win Vs $1.15 the Crows. I am not the gambling type but think our chances are better than that.

Nothing major but i noticed we flew out today. I thought we always flew 2 days before the game since ross arrived at the club. Is it because adelaide is a shorter trip so they waited till this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back