Adelaide vs Fremantle - Worst ever AFL game?

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Juddernaut08

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Fyfe was a big out as he is Hercules and is worth the price of admission alone. Freo arent horrible and with him in are still a pretty good side to watch.

The Crows are the empty calories of football. A lot of their guns are still putting up gaudy numbers but to what end?

Rumours Blues may poach Brad Crouch, even for free not sure Id want him.

Pomsta

Team Captain
Jun 10, 2010
Stuck at Home
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Wolves, 49ers
I was waiting for the Benny Hill music by the end of the first quarter. I was genuinely laughing at the disposal under no pressure. It was deplorable. My son's junior coach would have burst a blood vessel because he couldn't have dragged enough players.

CakeEater

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 27, 2011
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Geel vs Melbourne was worse.

We were two teams listed to be bottom 4 and we played like it.

But we were trying to take the game on. Adl were also trying as well.

Geel and Melbourne were too scared to take the game on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gordon Farkas

Debutant
Mar 8, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
Do I remember a Saints v Hawks game at the MCG a while back being goalless to half time? That was awful.
Round 8 2007:

Hell it was awful. Still the worst I’ve seen. Ross Lyon was just starting out at St Kilda and bringing his brand of Anti-football to a previously entertaining team, whilst Clarkson was still ‘experimenting’ at Hawthorn. The players themselves weren’t gormless lame hacks, they’d just been told to play that way.

Even Jeff Kennett slammed the Hawks for the way they played that day (whilst the president of St Kilda at the time may have been too high on coke to give a stuff).

Jiggyman

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Fremantle V Port rd 17, 2018 @ Optus.

First half is one of the worst I can remember from the last few years. Half-time score was: Fremantle 1.7 Port 2.3
Fremantle kicked 0.7 in the second quarter, to Port's 0.0

It was a bit wet, but general skills and goal-kicking in particular were laughable.
Interestingly, that score of 1.7 lives in infamy as Fremantle's lowest-ever, against Adelaide in 2009.

Last edited:

PowerForGood

Deleting account. No interest in AFL anymore Enjoy
Sep 1, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Last edited:

BACCS

BigFooty Juggernaut
May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Gary Putland, Redbacks, Oz Cricket
Not even close, and was actually a reasonably entertaining game despite the generally low skill level.

Adelaide have found a decent player in Will Hamill too, on a pretty unrelated note.
Hamill and McAdam are keeping our games just watchable enough for me right now!

BACCS

BigFooty Juggernaut
May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Gary Putland, Redbacks, Oz Cricket
I was waiting for the Benny Hill music by the end of the first quarter. I was genuinely laughing at the disposal under no pressure. It was deplorable. My son's junior coach would have burst a blood vessel because he couldn't have dragged enough players.
Imagine having to watch as a supporter of one of the teams! I had to start laughing to keep my sanity, it’s the worst disposal I’ve seen from a Crows team in my time watching. It was the complete opposite of recent weeks where we couldn’t even get the ball but were efficient when we actually went forward.

Top Bottom