Adelaide vs Fremantle - Worst ever AFL game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, the first half of Ross’s first year with us was diabolical

I remember a US navy ship in Sydney was given free tickets by the AFL. I truly felt sorry for those guys' introduction to or game.

Sydney started that scrum like pressure around the ball and man it was ugly.

The same fixture last year was worse imo, finished 51-34, with both sides having multiple spares behind the ball and neither side able to do anything

Fyfe was a big out as he is Hercules and is worth the price of admission alone. Freo arent horrible and with him in are still a pretty good side to watch.

The Crows are the empty calories of football. A lot of their guns are still putting up gaudy numbers but to what end?

Rumours Blues may poach Brad Crouch, even for free not sure Id want him.

I was waiting for the Benny Hill music by the end of the first quarter. I was genuinely laughing at the disposal under no pressure. It was deplorable. My son's junior coach would have burst a blood vessel because he couldn't have dragged enough players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do I remember a Saints v Hawks game at the MCG a while back being goalless to half time? That was awful.

Round 8 2007:

Hell it was awful. Still the worst I’ve seen. Ross Lyon was just starting out at St Kilda and bringing his brand of Anti-football to a previously entertaining team, whilst Clarkson was still ‘experimenting’ at Hawthorn. The players themselves weren’t gormless lame hacks, they’d just been told to play that way.

Even Jeff Kennett slammed the Hawks for the way they played that day (whilst the president of St Kilda at the time may have been too high on coke to give a stuff).

Fremantle V Port rd 17, 2018 @ Optus.

First half is one of the worst I can remember from the last few years. Half-time score was: Fremantle 1.7 Port 2.3
Fremantle kicked 0.7 in the second quarter, to Port's 0.0

It was a bit wet, but general skills and goal-kicking in particular were laughable.
Interestingly, that score of 1.7 lives in infamy as Fremantle's lowest-ever, against Adelaide in 2009.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I was waiting for the Benny Hill music by the end of the first quarter. I was genuinely laughing at the disposal under no pressure. It was deplorable. My son's junior coach would have burst a blood vessel because he couldn't have dragged enough players.
Imagine having to watch as a supporter of one of the teams! I had to start laughing to keep my sanity, it’s the worst disposal I’ve seen from a Crows team in my time watching. It was the complete opposite of recent weeks where we couldn’t even get the ball but were efficient when we actually went forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back