Game Day Adelaide vs Geelong "Catsablanca"

Remove this Banner Ad

Tonight just highlights how much we miss Danger.

Could've used his explosiveness and line breaking tonight.

Crouch will get there - but he's not yet.

Smith used to be one of the best in the league - he's not anymore.

Who are are linebreaking/gamebreakers?

It's been Atkins actually. He was horrendous tonight and has a long way to go. Like him a lot but goes missing in these games.

It's been Atkins actually. He was horrendous tonight and has a long way to go. Like him a lot but goes missing in these games.

Great footskills and good clearing with that - but he's not a ball in hand line breaker; we don't really have one at present.

Who gets the footy around the defensive fifty, runs 10-20 and kicks 50?

Who would have thought 2 months ago one this game was ever in the win column ?
And then ask yourself why it wasn't

I think most people thought we'd atleast make a contest with it, and that, whilst we werent favourites we might have had a chance of pinching it.

Instead, we got royally pantsed. Please show me the consensus that this would occur?

Even the 'we can't expect to win games' mob can't spin this as not performing below expectation.

People who are whinging about %:

We are the ONLY team in the AFL who are yet to play either of the Lions or Bombers... and we have them at home for the next 2 weeks.

Our % will be fine!

Oh thank god. I was thinking we might want to be able to compete with good teams.

He makes a fair point though, some teams position on the ladder is artificially boosted by who they've played already. And of all the questions asked of us tonight, remember Geelong got shown up and beaten by Collingwood and Carlton away from the safety of sleepy hollow

Five losses at an average of 14 points. Even a five goal loss isn't a flogging - hell we've won by more and many in here have claimed it to be a pathetic win. We played crap, we lost. Most of us had this pegged as a loss for months. Time to reset and make the most of the next two games.
And this should...make us feel better?

What a joke. 8 in a row, Geelong's form patchy, our "best 22", and we dish that up? Did we learn nothing from Round 8? We had 2 months to try and correct the issues from that night, or at least try and implement things should our plan A fail to work, and yet we were again thoroughly outplayed and our game plan exposed.

But I guess we should be all smiles because we have two disgraceful teams in the next two weeks, which will really give us a true indication of where we're at.

Tonight just highlights how much we miss Danger.

Could've used his explosiveness and line breaking tonight.

Crouch will get there - but he's not yet.

Smith used to be one of the best in the league - he's not anymore.

Who are are linebreaking/gamebreakers?
Interesting? .......when was the last time we saw Smith streaming thru the midfield bouncing the ball & delivering a 55mtr pass inside 50 .....been a few weeks ?

my impression tonight he played as a pure defender?

For what it's worth - the Western Bulldogs gave us a 50 point thumping in Adelaide 2 weeks before finals in 1997.

We know the history in the finals.

They also gave us a 12 goal thumping in 1998.

Finals are a very different game. They are very unpredictable.

You'd hope after 2 losses to Geelong this season if we played them again Pyke would come up with a better game plan

For what it's worth - the Western Bulldogs gave us a 50 point thumping in Adelaide 2 weeks before finals in 1997.

We know the history in the finals.

They also gave us a 12 goal thumping in 1998.

Finals are a very different game. They are very unpredictable.
this sounds slightly more optimistic than I'm prepared to be, but ultimately you're right.

the doors have closed, the ride's started, I might feel like I need to spew but I'm just going to have to hang on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A key forward that doesnt need to take contested marks or kick bags of goals.

And people get into Jenkins.
Walker has never, ever been a big contested mark. That is ALL I'm saying.

This is a semantic issue, not trying to suggest he's doing enough by any stretch but the bloke has never crashed in for a grab like Tippett and never will so why bother asking it of him.

Too many got sucked into the contest, allowing their defenders to sag off and take easy marks. Every time the ball went 1v1 we looked like scoring, they cant defend 1v1 anymore as good as they have been.

It'll be interesting to see what Don does next time.

And this should...make us feel better?

What a joke. 8 in a row, Geelong's form patchy, our "best 22", and we dish that up? Did we learn nothing from Round 8? We had 2 months to try and correct the issues from that night, or at least try and implement things should our plan A fail to work, and yet we were again thoroughly outplayed and our game plan exposed.

But I guess we should be all smiles because we have two disgraceful teams in the next two weeks, which will really give us a true indication of where we're at.
Oh, you're back. Yay. I don't care what you do. You can choose to continue to live in misery or you can be a realist. If the games were on the same oval or in the same conditions you might have a point. They weren't. Could be an anomaly or we could be simply not good enough. Either way, it's not the end of the ******* world.

I think most people thought we'd atleast make a contest with it, and that, whilst we werent favourites we might have had a chance of pinching it.

Instead, we got royally pantsed. Please show me the consensus that this would occur?

Even the 'we can't expect to win games' mob can't spin this as not performing below expectation.
Royally pantsed = 5 goal loss? :rolleyes:

Some people true colours come out after a loss and they find it very easy to start bagging Tex.

Looks like nothing will change from the VB days as captain and whoever gets the job next, he will get the same treatment. We really do eat out own.

Awesome bunch if supporters this club has.

You're not passionate. You're insane

Some people true colours come out after a loss and they find it very easy to start bagging Tex.

Looks like nothing will change from the VB days as captain and whoever gets the job next, he will get the same treatment. We really do eat out own.

Awesome bunch if supporters this club has.

You're not passionate. You're insane
We are going to Rocket home.

Royally pantsed ?
You think so ?
3 of the 4 quarters were not "pantsings" IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back