Game Day Adelaide vs Geelong - Rd 1, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

The loss will be irrelevant. Yet to understand what our game play is all about under Nicks, really hoping to see some progress in that regard.

It's all about elite delivery by foot. Slow build up out of D50 using Kelly as our tempo general. Precision kicking sideways between the arcs, awaiting a totally riskless kick forward. Eventually kick forward direct to opposition extra numbers or concede ground ball if a contest magically occurred. Catch breath whilst opponents run pressureless in numbers out of our F50 and between the arcs and pray to regain possession deep in D50 or concede a score. To conserve energy, our mids will now just jog to their centre square stoppage positions once we concede possession in our F50. Gives them extra time to discuss continuing to do the exact same thing when the ball is next bounced. Valuable time.

Still hoping for a win. Always do even though we know it's unlikely.

Otherwise it's mainly the kids showing something and an actual game plan being apparent

Things on the radar

Rowe kicking a couple,
Sholl containing to improve
Schoenberg getting 20 touches
McAdam kicking a bag/taking a screamer
Not getting 20 goals kicked on us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given the club has said our aim is to play finals, we need a strong showing against a flag contender at home.

I have no reason to doubt the club's word. None at all.

Crows by 2 goals

I reckon a couple of critical calls will go against us and that'll get them over the line. Cats by the slimmest of 80 point margins. Fcuking umpires, that Selwood is a protected beast.

After missing last years debutants - I am looking forward to watching the new players run around and judging them based on 1/4 of football

Schoey playing on a flank is tantalising. Not as much as seeing what Seed can do as a stoppage mid again though. Showed some really poor signs last year, hoping for a few more glimpses of that.

I have fun with guessing how many goal kickers the team will have nowadays, I’m going to be optimistic and guess 4 today (Walker, McAdam, Rowe and Keays)

I have fun with guessing how many goal kickers the team will have nowadays, I’m going to be optimistic and guess 4 today (Walker, McAdam, Rowe and Keays)

Tex will kick 2 from 7 touches and concede every contest he's involved in and the usual apologists will hail it as a masterclass.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back