Game Day Adelaide vs Geelong - Rd 1, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Nicks having the time with the players I think will make the difference compared to last years Covid s**t.

Berry plays for the majority. Frampton wasn’t a horrible forward today.

Tex was seriously amazing today a lot of knockers in his game and plenty on this board but by god he was great.

Rowe belongs. McHenry showed plenty. Scholl you could boof every day and twice on Sunday.

I wasn’t expecting it but * me this is a hell of a win even if it’s round one.

Great win guys, congrats. Good to see the pressure and desperation. Look forward to meeting you guys in the proper season ahead....

Geelong by 40+
Port to win
Brisbane to win

Threw a cheeky bet on, let's see how it goes.
Must admit, your strike rate at the moment is giving me hope :)

Amazing win guys, you've got a keeper in Nicks, going to be a very good coach.

Must be very rare for Grand finalist from previous year to lose to previous years wooden spooner in round 1.

Texan back to his best and hope Dangerfield the campaigner gets weeks. :thumbsu:
Last time was 1971 - and yes it was Carlton that lost - sorry

Damn, that was a gutsy win. We were spent but managed to just hold on - there were several certain goals that were saved by desperate efforts, primarily from our younger brigade.

I already adore Jimmy Rowe - reminds me of a much younger Ian Callinan. He just gets football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spend 12 months working on improving the culture and wins like this can happen.

That last quarter was all heart and pride.

Yep - and we used the 2020 crappiest AFL year in living memory to rebuild the culture. Yesterday was not a fluke. We've been building towards that for over 12 months and Nicksy is going to better than Clarkson - bookmark it.

Yep - and we used the 2020 crappiest AFL year in living memory to rebuild the culture. Yesterday was not a fluke. We've been building towards that for over 12 months and Nicksy is going to better than Clarkson - bookmark it.

Big call. Possibly slightly over-the-top call.

Rowe and Murphy are streets above Stengel. Expressways even.
A player with the right attitude will more likely succeed than a more talented player who is unprofessional.

Hang on. Can't have it both ways.

I thought we picked an old team with no youth? Wasn't that the complaint before the game?

What age is that youngster up forward that kicked 5?

We picked the oldest available team with Dmac getting a SANFL tune up. Didn't have to rush Lynch back. But what it showed is that in the past when we had out of form or injured seniors, we should have trusted the kids.

SAM Menegola is still in contention to play Brisbane on Friday night at GMHBA Stadium after scans revealed the injury to his AC joint isn’t as bad as first thought.

Colour me shocked

Dont finish work til nearly 11 tonight - wondering the odds of avoiding scores and watching replay once home

Something tells me just checking the score at some point will be the better thing to do in the end
How'd it go radiojake ?

Patty all alone in the goal square. Mcpherson running off him
tbh - he put in so little effort at the beginning of the game, you could've WALKED off him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back