Adelaide vs GWS Giants - AFL 2017, R1 - 2:50 @AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Definately I just thought what Adelaide had out the side is much more important than what GWS was missing today coniglio is a big piece. Deliedio never suited up for them and Whitfield you bring in a no.2 draft pick Taranto.

So I don't see a lot of excuses for them I mean Tex the skipper lever plays Key defence and crouch and Thompson play on ball.

Yeah they didn't handle the road and perhaps coming off a longer finals series the extra conditioning Adelaide has from pre season is shining through.

As I thought Sydney were off the boil against port as well which was unusual the dogs just got the job done v pies.

He plays to give other teams a chance... :'(

VictorianCrow85

Premiership Player
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
What a great win

Well done crows
Very nice win for your side yesterday too, didn't see that one coming and very rare to see a port adelaide and adelaide fans not warring over nonsense! lol
Possibly I watch quite a lot of Adelaide and your a relatively young side so never write off a very good veteran. Sometimes their value isn't seen on the stats sheet how they organise players around stoppages and defend. So I can definately see a place for him but its no guarantee he is best 22 looking at that extra leg speed on display today
Yep totally agree, but just dont see him as best 22 anymore. That being said he can come in and play a role just has to understand now that our younger players have to take priority.

PrideOf

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 17, 2001
Here, obviously
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AFC
Seems like Gws may be developing a bit of an ego problem, Devon Smith seems like a total figjam, then they have Stevie j as their senior figure, another toxic character, Jeremy Cameron seems pretty disconnected from reality at this point too. Too many egos in one place. So much talent though, some of those goals were unreal

I know they've got a side full of the most talented kids from every year they've been in the comp, but maybe there's something about having kids in your side that have had to work hard to get to where they are, and not just rely on talent.

I thought gws was invinsible and everyone was playing for 2nd place

Seems that what their players thought too, drinking their own bath water lots of self love up in western sydney land from their supporters through to players

Ray Donovan

Staring into the abyss
Oct 11, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oklahoma City Thunder
I think Rory Atkins is about to take the next step as well very promising signs a lot of Jake Kelly hype in the pre - season
I see no reason this guy can't be ranked in the top 2-3 Adelaide's mids by seasons end very versatile and can kick a snag

Infra Ted

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jan 28, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think Rory Atkins is about to take the next step as well very promising signs a lot of Jake Kelly hype in the pre - season
I see no reason this guy can't be ranked in the top 2-3 Adelaide's mids by seasons end very versatile and can kick a snag
I reckon he already is our 3rd best midfielder.

Bokonon_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Seems that what their players thought too, drinking their own bath water lots of self love up in western sydney land from their supporters through to players
Did you teach that conclusion in a dream? Was it pig entrails or do you claim to know what's in the players minds?

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Before everyone launches yes it was 1 bad game and yes GWS will push top 4.

But are they a bif of a one trick pony? Coast to coast and creating one spare man and launching they are unstoppable. But create a dog fight on their half back line not giving them an easy out and solid one on one on their forwards they can be found out a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dave123

Cancelled
Apr 13, 2010
somewhere
AFL Club
West Coast
Funny thing that, was thinking the same about Petrie. Though with him, it was 18 months too long on NM's list.

That said, SJ is displaying a middle age spread, as is Shaw & his jelly belly.

Re ch7 commentary, I despair for the visually impaired. No real representation of the game, or players, in any way.

GWS v ADL - Because Kennedy & Haynes look so much alike, you may want to differentiate between Matt Kennedy https://s26.postimg.org/yo6mdtnk9/kennedy-matthew.png & Adam Kennedy https://s26.postimg.org/hz56hwqyx/akennedygws.jpg

For Ade - Atkins, Laird, Milera, Talia (too good for Patton), Smith. For GWS - Davis (too good for most fwds) Greene, Lobb, Williams

difference is west coast picked drew for maybe ten games till nic nat comes back, and lycett

SJ is keeping a good player out of the team ..the GWS jumpers look tight on all players but SJ is looking for joe the goose goals that's all

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Before everyone launches yes it was 1 bad game and yes GWS will push top 4.

But are they a bif of a one trick pony? Coast to coast and creating one spare man and launching they are unstoppable. But create a dog fight on their half back line not giving them an easy out and solid one on one on their forwards they can be found out a bit.
Adelaide Oval isn't an easy place to play, nor the Crows a mug team.
I have these 2 in the GF this year if they stay fit and keep their consistency.

Bokonon_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Hmmm
Not a great day us, but the season is not yet full a fully developed pup.
Kudos to the Crows, they were way too gòod and were missing Tex.
Two things I will remeber from this game.
1.The Crows vision in selecting the best option and skills to execute.
2. The depressing walk back over the torrens after the game.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Adelaide on the road wont be as strong

Take a look at our record on the road.

We beat west coast in Perth. We pushed Hawthorn at the MCG and Bulldogs at Ethiad.

If the Crows take a step up this year like this result implies playing away from home holds no fear for them.

dave123

Cancelled
Apr 13, 2010
somewhere
AFL Club
West Coast
Take a look at our record on the road.

We beat west coast in Perth. We pushed Hawthorn at the MCG and Bulldogs at Ethiad.

If the Crows take a step up this year like this result implies playing away from home holds no fear for them.

just historically over a long time non Victorian teams don't win away much and ditto for Victorian teams interstate

some whizz bang stats head guy can find it.

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Coniglio a huge out with his two-way run. Scully is alright with his extreme fitness but lacks the defensive ability of Coniglio who is a complete mid.

Some of Shiels efforts today were awful. His mid-air kick that Sloane then cleared, that's when you expect a gun mid to chase the ball back down and correct his mistake...he just jogged to the contest, ball came his way, he made a half hearted effort and then the Crows cleared it. His ball use was average too. Stat sheet might make it look like he did alright but it was probably one of his least impactful games in a long time. Put it down to round 1 rustiness.

SJ another who was very rusty. And Mzungu is surely unnecessary?

Overall though, can't throw the baby out with the bathwater. They have played 1 game which may indicate they have drank their own bathwater - certainly not a season like Stringer. Time will tell but I think they'll bounce back in style.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back