Rave Slave

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2004
Your Underwear
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Dick Slapperman
Contender for one of the worst games in the history of the universe?

Horrible. horrible game. Melbourne didn't kick a goal in 50 minutes of football and 90 points weren't scored between the two teams.

Just atrocius viewing. We got the 4 points and it feels like a 0-0 draw. :confused:

I still think that Richmond game in 2006 was worse. Conditions were perfect that day. Then again, I did travel over for that one and it ruined my trip.

But yeah, ultra shitty game.

Heh, and there weren't even that many injuries.

Least when Saints played the Hawks back in 07 we actually had to play our 3rd and 4th round draft picks. :p

Adelaide fans should just be happy with the 4 points...thats all that matters in the end.

It was the worst game ever, I know Port got thrashed by the saints but the crows were pathetic today. Melbourne are dismal

There was a game on the gold coast between kangaroos and brisbane, maybe last year or the year before.

I watched the game today and that one, can't pick between the two.

I did not however watch the richmond/adelaide 06 encounter..

I didn't think it was that bad, some great tackles.

People can't seem to enjoy a game these days unless high scores are made and no mistakes are made. When both teams have a bad day, yet competitive, I can still enjoy it. Infuriating though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went today, as I do every week, and it was one of the worst matches I've seen. The skills were awful, the style of play was awful, the umpiring was awful. It just made me feel sad at the state of footy at the moment. This zoning style is an entertainment killer. Big call, but I'd probably rather be watching the Sydney hard stoppage style of a few years ago, and at the time I hated that!

P.S Newton is lucky to be on an AFL list. Those 2 shots he missed, I reckon I could've kicked those.

I've been to Sydney v Fremantle gams, and even I thought tonight's game was dreadful.
Lacklustre game, neither side able to produce anything worthwhile. And a complete lack of crowd or atmosphere, or so it seemed on TV.
Didn't catch an official crowd number, but the only way they'd have come up with a number anything over 8,000 was if they counted the seagulls in the crowd figure.

I reckon the Richmond v Adelaide game in 2006 was worse... but at least it was a nice day... Sitting through 3 hours of complete crap in what felt like 5 degrees tonight was just awful. The last time I saw Adelaide and Melbourne at the MCG was a terrible game as well.... There's something about the match-up that produces atrocious football.

Well it was always going to be a ugly game to watch with the weather like it was, Players just dont play many games in those conditions like they used to.

Also when its raining at training or just slippery on foot these days the teams just go indoors and train.

I once called the Adelaide v Kangaroos game in round 18 2004 as the worst game ever. I then saw a Central District v West Adelaide game last which was just as bad.

Today's match was the worst match I've ever seen. I copy of this game should be sent to aspiring players with the title 'How Not To Play Football'

Worst game Ive ever been to. so glad they gave me such a cheap ticket... was atrocious. Didn't even feel like we won in the end. Nobody cheered hardly at the end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back