Game Day Adelaide vs Port Adelaide - The start of our road to greatness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Kern take the troops over to the Sponsors Boxes to fire them up at three quarter time? Will the 1,500 true believers link their scarves for Never Tear Up The Tarps? Can you throw a banana onto the oval from Level three? So many questions.......

Poort Powa have a stronger donut team, some good Kids, some ageing champions and not much in the middle. We’re more like a half baked pavlova.

I have never felt so flat for a Showdown, I think a draw would be the best result, takes points from them, keeps us on track for a top three draft pick.

Last edited:
Well at least the footy is back. I think the weather will help us tonight but I'm not expecting a win. Good to see many youngsters in the side, I'll be looking forward to seeing how they go.
Go Crows.

Port will win comfortably - kudos to selectors for having Jones, McHenry, McAsey and Fogarty all playing.

Sooner we get started, sooner we get these kids to 100 games.
dead right - a showdown in isolation means nothing. Sure I hate HATE seeing us lose to those flogs, but the bigger picture is to get games into the kids and if a by product of that is we finish low this year and get a great draft hand come November, then as they say...every cloud...

Port will win comfortably - kudos to selectors for having Jones, McHenry, McAsey and Fogarty all playing.

It's good weather for Ned and Keays I think. It'll be tight all game so heaps of contested possession and tackling.

Not sure how Crocker will do.

The more it rains, the more chance we are.

I can't stand losing to this mob but with 6 first rounders in our side tonight including a returning Tom Doedee, it's a good reason to be excited.

As Pete said, get games into these kids, and hopefully some others and then we can see how we stack up

I can’t say that I’m overly invested in footy this year. The intensity in games has suffered without crowds so the games just feel like pre-season games to me.

As for us, I’m a little excited to see a team excluding Hartigan, Mackay and Gibbs and a team including Fog, McHenry, Jones, McAsey. Not really concerned with results just give the kids an extended run, expect a few mistakes and expect some learnings.

We probably won’t win but we have to think beyond this game, which our club has never done before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno, rain does tend to even it out (or it'll really expose how far off the pace we are), especially if Port are missing Wines.

I'd expect Port to win, though, < 2 goals.

If ROB can hold his end up and give our mids first use we can win this easily.
If we do lose to these Muppets it wont be the end of the world.

Highlights:
An insipid rendition of "Never Tear Up The Tarps"
Dixon to shank the first kick on goal OOF
Sloane to run through Some-Panty-Puller
Walker lockdown showdown medallist
Crows win by 9 points.

If ROB can hold his end up and give our mids first use we can win this easily.
If we do lose to these Muppets it wont be the end of the world.

Highlights:
An insipid rendition of "Never Tear Up The Tarps"
Dixon to shank the first kick on goal OOF
Sloane to run through Some-Panty-Puller
Walker lockdown showdown medallist
Crows win by 9 points.
Just can't see it - we got absolutely trashed around the ball against what is a very ordinary Sydney side in round 1. Port are a better side than them in my opinion. We will have to really be on our game to keep it competitive in there

Why do we think rain is good for us?

Is it because of our lack of speed?

That defence we've selected stands out as desperately needing rain, seeing its rather slow and poorly skilled as a whole. Also Port without Wines should hurt their inside group, and rain will impact their ball skills should go a long way to evening it up.

Plus, in the last few years, we've been rather solid in the rain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back