Adelaide vs Roo's, your prediction and why?

Remove this Banner Ad

QT

Premiership Player
Suspended
Dec 14, 2000
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
What a big game of football!

The crows win, and they are just bout guarenteed a finas spot,

North, well this is thee final chance, they blow it and there gone.

Sadly there is 1 winner (Sorry North Fans ;)), and that will be the crows!

Jarman will annihalate the Roos mean defence, Mcleod will take control of the midfield, and the crows will once again reign supreme in a big match against the roos :)

lol, ok I cant split the teams but i will say we will win by 3 goals ;)

Jars and Macca are the keys to the result of this game no doubt!

And may I add Slosh will keep the King goaless :cool:

This is a hard match to pick, there are a number of factors you could base an opinion on.

1. Formline. Its 9th versus 11th, each team coming of a good win. The higher ranked team had a win against a current top 8 side, the lower ranked team had a win against a side out of the 8.

2. Home ground - its in Melbourne. Then again, the away team has had a good run of scalps in away matches this year.

3. Reputation. North would win it by a mile if you were to go on the relative ranking the media gives each of these teams and their coaches.

4. Form of the players - McLeod, Jarman, Harvey & Simpson all in great form, it will come down to how many of the lesser lights put up a good showing. I think Crows may have the slight edge here (in lesser lights actually doing a fair job).

5. Desire to win - should be a draw.

6. Crowd support - its in Melbourne - should be a draw.

So in the final analysis, its in the lap of the gods. I think maybe the Crows narrowly.

Just as big a surprise as QT saying he thinks we'll win the game, I reckon the Kangas will get up Friday. :(

I think the Kangas will win enough midfield ball to supply their talented forward line. At least 2 of the talls will kick a reasonable bag and Pickett should have a big night out.

Hard to ask McLeod to have another outstanding game as per last Saturday night, we'll need a really good one from him to come close. The Kangas will focus a lot of their energies into containing Jarman, which I suspect they will do successfully and there aren't enough other options to kick goals. Vardy, Burton and young Gallagher missing are killer blows for us I think as well.

I also doubt our ability to back up from a couple of big games, we haven't be able to sustain our hardness at the ball and intensity for 4 quarters before last week, can we repeat that?? I seriously doubt it. Can our stars pump up once more, can our second tier players perform once again to the level of last Saturday night?? Was last week an aberration or the real Crows coming to play?? Sadly, I think it was the exception to the rule and as hard as we try, it just won't be good enough Friday night. This si the Kangas last chance and they'll be especially desperate.

Kangas by 29 points *ant ducks the flying tomatoes*

Now that's not to say we couldn't win, I'm not ruling that out, but in all probability this will be the result. :( :( :(

I think one team or antoher will win by a lot

Depends who is switched on

I will pick the Kangas as its a good omen for the Crows to win as my tips have been horrible this year.

If King is out - that will help.

Vardy and Robran were doing bugger all and hopefully Eccles can cover the loss of Gallagher.

Interesting to see who comes into the side

Bode, Johncock, Doughty and Ladhams would be the choices

I would like to see Johncock come in and play on Pickett and we will really see if he plays like him.

Originally posted by Jars458
I think one team or antoher will win by a lot

Depends who is switched on

I'm not too sure how you define "a lot", but if you mean a margin of 40 points plus, then I can't see North winning by that much against Adelaide.

So far this year, North have generally had poor last quarters (even when we thrashed Freo, they broke even in the last, and against Geelong, we didn't increase our winning margin against a largely demoralised side) while Adelaide seem to finish strongly in the final quarter. For North to win, I think my boys will need at least a 5 goal buffer at the end of the third quarter.....anything less than that and I can see Adelaide storming home.

Crows by 14 points

I reckon our centreline players have more class than the Roos
Mad Micky Martyns Missin
We love Friday at Colonial
Its Crunchtime
Roos form is patchy &
North have an ordinary list

Having said all that.....We must kick straight.

Go Adelaide

:mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back