Game Day Adelaide vs St Kilda - Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.

Remove this Banner Ad

I hate it when we're streaming forward and someone has the idea to handball to Jacobs, aka the slowest guy on the field, as it always seems to bring us unstuck.
Again it's both good and bad we have confidence enough to give it to him

The Crows this year are a bit like Forrest Gump's box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get.

There are only three options tonight.

- We lose and the Tools and Trolls will declare "We are the new North Melbourne, we won't make the Eight. This is the same ole s**t we have been served up for the last 19 years"

- A narrow win and "We can barely beat a bottom Eight team, we will be lucky to make the Eight Why do we even bother. This is the same ole s**t we have been served up for the last 19 years"

- A big win means "We are such a bunch of downhill skiers. We will be embarrassed come finals time. This is the same ole s**t we have been served up for the last 19 years".

Personally I am hoping for a lot of criticism re downhill skiing.
For those posters who think I've been drinking too much (which I have, a cheeky Sangrantino in Taormina), please refer to my earlier quote :D.

I hate it when we're streaming forward and someone has the idea to handball to Jacobs, aka the slowest guy on the field, as it always seems to bring us unstuck.
He had EIGHT handball receives tonight

Would prefer he just sat cross-legged on the ground between ruck contests!

Just reading the last couple of pages.
I think one of the issues in ascertaining Adelaide's true status this year is the massive form swings throughout the whole league. Every team is guilty of it in some form or another.
In context, Adelaide's losses aren't that bad, the way we've lost is a common story but that could be said for most teams. The point is that we've beaten some very good teams and lost to some "up and downers" and some very good teams. Our next big challenge is Bulldogs, before that we've got other challenges to face and overcome.
I'm not sure why people expect to have a definitive gauge on where we're at right now, it's the halfway mark of the season. Yes, there's questions about our defensive pressure and hard bodies around contests but show me a team without some serious deficiencies at the moment.

Good win. Atmosphere at the ground was flat. Quietest 46 k crowd I've ever sat in. Tried to start the chant a couple of times and got no one with me. What happened to our cheer squad?
Thought our blokes looked tired in the 2nd half. Saints coming off the bye had a lot more pep. Great to see Beech kick his first. Every player went to him to congratulate, then we forgot to concentrate at the next bounce and the Saints came downfield easy as and goaled.
Anyway, an almost ten goaler. What's not to be pleased about?

He had EIGHT handball receives tonight

Would prefer he just sat cross-legged on the ground between ruck contests!

How many of those eight receives resulted in turnovers? How many of Jacob's possessions from those receives went to a team mate? Jacobs does okay around the ground and acting as occasional link man. Kicks the odd goal as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol at people upset at a 10 goal win. Honestly it wasn't perfect but how do you possibly think that it is an indication we are no good? Port do this sort of thing and they are premiership chances. We do it and it's evidence that we're weak. Things to work on but why not enjoy the win?
Our win:loss ratio is 2x Port's & also overall we have played better opposition...

How many of those eight receives resulted in turnovers? How many of Jacob's possessions from those receives went to a team mate? Jacobs does okay around the ground and acting as occasional link man. Kicks the odd goal as well.
He went at 56%. We don't want to be funneling our handball chains through him if we can avoid it.

Lingy has no idea. He is flabbergasted that we copped so much s**t this week after losing to Geelong, like that's the only poor performance we've had recently. His knowledge of football only extends to anything that is related to Geelong.
He was surprised by a Charlie Cameron show of strength "don't normally see that". Last week against geelong he said all our good players were down and Mackay was the first name he mentioned.

He was surprised by a Charlie Cameron show of strength "don't normally see that". Last week against geelong he said all our good players were down and Mackay was the first name he mentioned.
Didn't we miss the outside run and carry last night.
In: McKay
Out: Beech

Isn't that how we do it?

He went at 56%. We don't want to be funneling our handball chains through him if we can avoid it.

We probably do want to and it is obviously a coaching strategy--agree with it or don't. Sam had a 25 possession game last night-equal 5th highest for us and damn good for a ruckman. Maybe not the preferred option in a chain of handballs, but sometimes the only option. He's having a great season.
When (if) a few of our younger players start getting 25 possies in a game we will be unstoppable.

FFS. Go and support Carlton then you numpty!

Please tell me what we would have to do for them to get a pass mark tonight? Or do you just need to get your negs out before hitting xhamster tonight?
What are you on about? We keep beating the average teams but it is meaningless. This game brings us no closer to winning a Grand Final. We have seen this all too often. Until we start beating Geelong, Western Bulldogs, Sydney or any other hard, physical team consistently, we are not improving.

Far from it I don't get involved in the ridiculous Mackay BS that takes over 80 % of the board

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd say that's relatively true. However you certainly don't hold back on Draft/Trade threads. Then state the same rhetoric over and over infiltrating many threads.
That's 80% Form :)

What are you on about? We keep beating the average teams but it is meaningless. This game brings us no closer to winning a Grand Final. We have seen this all too often. Until we start beating Geelong, Western Bulldogs, Sydney or any other hard, physical team consistently, we are not improving.
What the hell were we supposed to do last night? Lose? We won easily with Sloane being tagged out and Betts being well-held. The Saints are rubbish but that is a small step forward as, for once, we didn't rely on Sloane having a big game to get a win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back