What the heck? Adelaide warm up during women's match

Remove this Banner Ad

Better still, let's get a bunch of nudies running onto the G during GF at a critical time ala 1982.

The curse of the Darwin shag carpeting has ruined our club for 34 years

Wtf would you support its renewal?!?!?

Some overreactions (and under-reactions) in this thread but it was definitely disrespectful by the players to walk on the field and something should be made of it, most likely a fine and an apology.

Hell, if I ran on to the field of an AFL match and started having a kick with a mate we'd likely both be evicted, possibly have our memberships cancelled and even be banned

Equal standards should apply to all regardless of gender.

This simply would not happen in a men's match and I do believe an apology is owed - it blatantly shows a belief that the match is trivial and unprofessional and does not require that same standards of a male match.

Comments suggesting that poor fixturing offended the player's preparation are complete garbage and highlight the very dismissive attitude that is at issue here. Players have plenty of space to 'warm up' in the rooms and both teams are essentially on a level playing field when it comes to preparing for the match.

I would not consider myself an overly-sensitive person, but to disregard as 'PC gone mad' or a case of 'national whinge day' also fall into that ignorant and dismissive category that trivialise an actual issue. I'm not suggesting banning them, but issuing an apology and acknowledgement of what they did wrong would be adequate.

Almost 24 hours has past since the story was first reported and not a sign on the Adelaide website about the issue. I would hope at the very latest they do something by tonight.
It is trivial, though.

The players shouldn't have gone on the ground but the easy solution here for next time is just play the Women's game elsewhere. Not like anyone will care or notice. The AFL players are the complete show here. People come to see them.

It was an exhibition match, not a real match! No different to the AFL players running on the field while the auskickers are playing at half time!
Yeah it is, because it came at a time that the AFL are trying to promote Women's Footy and want to be seen to be inclusive and supportive. It is horrible PR. I still can't believe the Crows players thought it would be an ok thing to do.

Clearly the result should be be the nothing short of club de-registration at every level, every reference of the Adelaide Football Club stricken from the record, all sponsorship and membership money to be returned, and a public flogging for anyone who utters anything even vaguely related to Crows.

Does that include fuggem?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The least the Crows could do is admit some fault on the part of the players and offer a sincere apology.

It was just so disrespectful. I know we're dealing with a few manbabies in Walker and Talia etc, but surely they understand that there has to be some level of respect afforded to the female athletes, who have never had the same opportunities as the men.

The statement offered in addition to Sloane's comments on radio tells us how seriously they take it. And this is a club with the intention of entering a team in the women's league...

This thread has revealed some pathetically sexist and ignorant people. I suppose that's to be expected on a internet sports forum but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

This was a disrespectful act by some footballers who clearly aren't the brightest bulbs running around. It didn't have to be a big deal, but Adelaide's inadequate response has made it a big deal. Disappointing.

This thread has revealed some pathetically sexist and ignorant people. I suppose that's to be expected on a internet sports forum but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

This was a disrespectful act by some footballers who clearly aren't the brightest bulbs running around. It didn't have to be a big deal, but Adelaide's inadequate response has made it a big deal. Disappointing.
Yeah, it's been getting heaps of media since Monday... the club did offer an apology behind the scenes, there didn't need to be a press release.

So Tex Walker just came on the Footy Show and said they didn't know they weren't supposed to be on the ground.

QwNPtz3.gif

It was a silly thing to do, but this type of topic just makes me wonder if it's National Whingeing Day. Sums up modern society. Can't get through the day unless there is something to be outraged about.

We should all have a long hard look at ourselves, take our first-world problems and stick them where the sun don't shine and start caring about things that actually matter, like starving human beings, which still exist in our modern world. But nah, let's soil our pants over 2 guys kicking a footy.

F****** ridiculous.

So you're saying people shouldn't give a damn about it because there are issues like starving people in this world. Not too bright are you?

How about instead of all this jargon, you just leave it at "It was a silly thing to do". Your attempt to try and justify it as being ok is pathetic.

So Tex Walker just came on the Footy Show and said they didn't know they weren't supposed to be on the ground.

QwNPtz3.gif

So you're saying people shouldn't give a damn about it because there are issues like starving people in this world. Not too bright are you?

How about instead of all this jargon, you just leave it at "It was a silly thing to do". Your attempt to try and justify it as being ok is pathetic.
You must have forgotten your reading comprehension back in year 4 when you left school as I never justified it. I simply expressed my opinion that people like you who feel the need to have a whinge about the outrage of the week are outing the fact that they have nothing better to do and are obviously trying to find something that is lacking in their life. I kind of pity you. Kind of.

As for Tex, thank God he's a beauty of a footballer because a public speaker he ain't.

You must have forgotten your reading comprehension back in year 4 when you left school

A strike out of this quality is always a great indicator of one who feels his statement is too weak to stand by itself.

I never justified it

Yes. You made an attempt to inadvertently justify it as not being that bad and failed miserably.

I simply expressed my opinion that people like you who feel the need to have a whinge about the outrage of the week are outing the fact that they have nothing better to do

Your own outrage/whinging post dwarfed most others here.

obviously trying to find something that is lacking in their life. I kind of pity you. Kind of

What's not lacking in my life is respect for women. Something that is clearly lacking in yours. I don't kind of pity you. I really do pity you.

A strike out of this quality is always a great indicator of one who feels his statement is too weak to stand by itself.

Yes. You made an attempt to try and justify it as not being that bad and failed miserably.

Your own outrage/whinging post dwarfed most others here.

What's not lacking in my life is respect for women. Something that is clearly lacking in yours. I don't kind of pity you. I really do pity you.

:$

You must be ounces of fun to be around

Remove this Banner Ad

Back