Go South

Club Legend
Feb 8, 2001
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
South Adelaide
Meanwhile, what an absolute pathetic display of umpiring - yet again!

And this time it wasn't only limited to the field and boundary umpires!! I couldn't believe it when the goal umpire signalled Ben Hart's rushed behind as a goal to North Melbourne! What a tosser - he was stood directly in front of it, and there is absolutely no way the ball could possibly have come off anyone else's boot but Ben Hart's. I'm guessing he heard the cheer from the Crows supporters, got lost in the moment, and forgot which way we were kicking or something - he certainly got a nasty surprise when he signalled the "goal" though - about 37,000 angry Crows supporters going off.

Anyway, pretty good performance tonight - it's all starting to gel together finally, and our younger players are starting to improve with experience, and take on some responsibility. I thought tonight was one of Matthew Clarke's best for the Crows, which is another good sign.

Hopefully we can make it three in a row next week against Hawthorn - should be interesting

------------------
'...and we won't give up, till the premiership cup is safely in our hands...'

What are you whingeing about-wasn't the decision overturned??.

As for beating Hawthorn- I think with Robran playing back, your backline can contain 2-3 good talls. Hawthorn has Thompson, Croad, Holland, Barker and Dixon, all of which can take a good grab. Lordy might just kick another lazy six if you play Jars loose on him.

You're right, it will be interesting.

Mick, I hope it rains and you play all those forwards in your forward 50.
smile.gif

Seriously, it will be really tough for us, another couple of injuries tonight which we didn't need will hamper our preparation, and the Hawks are a top side. But I reckon if we play to our ability, attack the footy and the opposition hard, keep up the pressure for 4 quarters, we could trouble Hawthorn....maybe. A few things need to go our way but it's possible.

Either way it will be interesting, Rehnny's first game against Crows and Hawks looking to continue their winning streak.

Originally posted by mick:
What are you whingeing about-wasn't the decision overturned??.

Yeah, it was overturned - by an umpire that was miles away, obviously going on the crowd's reaction, or the replay on the scoreboard.

It never should have been made in the first place - the overall standard of the umpiring last night was disgraceful. I'm not just talking about against us either, there were shocking free kicks, and free kicks missed to both teams - they were completely inconsistent.

------------------
'...and we won't give up, till the premiership cup is safely in our hands...'

Apologies South, I totally misread your post. I thought you were complaining of umpire bias. I actually agree with with you on the umpiring standard-both Drivel MMM and 3lo made similar comments.

Statistically Crows games this year have had a lot of Frees in them - lets hope they get their act together before the Tassie game.

------------------
Never a frown with gold and brown.

Terrific effort by the crows last night. Mcleod terrific and so was Goodwin. Beinke sealed it for us.

Unfortunately Kane Johnson (Pickett you w***er!) and Vard's will be out next week, but Hawthorn, in hobart,we stand a chance.

------------------
"I came here to win, I am a winner" - Denzel Washington , Remember The Titans ; 2000

Originally posted by QT:

Unfortunately Kane Johnson (Pickett you w***er!) and Vard's will be out next week, but Hawthorn, in hobart,we stand a chance.

I was waiting for someone to mention the Pickett bump. Ive probably seen about 1000 bumps bigger and with more power, and with more intent in my life. There is no way there is any difference to what Pickett did last night, to what Riccuito did last week on Houlihan....only difference is that Houlihan had the brains to turn his body so he protected himself. If you think that Picketts bump, which wasnt even big mind you, was bigger than Riccuitos, then you are the biggest lot of hypocrites ive come across.

Originally posted by Blues_Brat:
If the Crows can topple the Hawks then the season has not only turned around, the Crows have turned themselves from potential spooners to a final 8 threat.

I don't think at any stage Crows were potential wooden spooners. Crows played very poor footy for two early games this season, but they then had quite a longish list of players unavailable. Crows have a couple of poor games, especially early, every year, and have not yet come close to gaining a spoon.

Its only the melbourne media who invented the fantasy about crows being contenders for the spoon.

Having said that, I think Crows still have a way to go to be considered "in form". I don't see Crows threatening Hawks this week unfortunately. Crows would have to have a blinder to overcome Hawks at the moment.

At the same time, Crows are only percentage out of the eight.
smile.gif
There are currently at least three other teams with a much better shot at the spoon than Crows. All of the teams from Crows through to Collingwood currently have a fair shot at the final 8.

Originally posted by Go South:
Yeah, it was overturned - by an umpire that was miles away, obviously going on the crowd's reaction, or the replay on the scoreboard.

I thought someone in the first half a dozen was gonna jump the fence and deck the umpire!

Calm down Macca, QT probably just said that in jest. Before you pull out the big 'H' word which you love to produce for Crow supporters, I, and every other fan, regardless of club bias, knows that Pickett's was a fair bump, as Roo's was last week.
smile.gif

Originally posted by Macca19:
I was waiting for someone to mention the Pickett bump. Ive probably seen about 1000 bumps bigger and with more power, and with more intent in my life. There is no way there is any difference to what Pickett did last night, to what Riccuito did last week on Houlihan....only difference is that Houlihan had the brains to turn his body so he protected himself. If you think that Picketts bump, which wasnt even big mind you, was bigger than Riccuitos, then you are the biggest lot of hypocrites ive come across.

Macca - I believe Houlihan was looking at Roo when the bump came in and that he got him shoulder to shoulder

Sugar dropped the mark and when lookig at the ball Pickett came from the blind side and bumped him in the head

It was a free kick for high contact but no more

It was totally different to Roo though

Pickett is a cheap shot artist and never does it when the player knows he is coming. It may have been above board as such, but he is not tough, he's a big girl.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back