Adelaide win!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Well t he crows slid, slipped and fumbled there way to victory today. Was shocking conditions for football and the skill level pretty much reflected that. There werent many skillful moments in the game, but Riccuitos goal was a beauty. It was Adelaides first win at Optus Oval since 1991 against Carlton. Funnily enough, the conditions of that game were just as shocking and the scores were very similar as well.

It was a lucky win to Adelaide. They were probably in control of the game for only 15 minutes of the whole game in which they took advantage and kicked 4 goals away. The rest of the match, probably Carlton had more the ball and kicked more goals, but it seemed fairly even. Its probably the worst game Calrton will play all year. They had NO forward line...it wasnt the fact that they werent marking or anything, they just werent there at all. Whenever the ball got kicked in the forward 50 for calrton there was noone there!!! There was only 80 marks inthe whole game...and i recall a commentator saying there was only 3 marks in the forward 50s for the whole game!

Riccuito was back in form. Altho you cant exactly tell from the game today who was in form or not as the conditions were that bad. But riccuito was probably best, and Ratten played well.

As i said it was a lucky win to adelaide, and Carlton probably wouldnt of deserved the win if they got up anyway. The umpiring was pretty bad, they missed a few calls and seemed to pay a lot of bullshit frees. Was similar to showdown umpiring as noone really knew what was going on at some times. If any crows fans dont find the win lucky, then i urge you to look at the posts you made after the Adelaide v Melbourne game where you said Melbourne were lucky to win. Dont be hypocritical now will you!!

Was a lucky win, but a win is a win, and at last Adelaide has something to crow about.

It will be funny to hear all the crows fans ring up and write about how they had faith in the team and how Gary Ayres is a legend.

Ant...i hope you will be holding up your bet...and you will buy a Power membership tomorrow morning!!!

Another thing..what about Jarmans comments that it was the "best win in the history of the club"...i think i could find about 20 more that were better, but anyway...

[This message has been edited by Macca19 (edited 21 April 2001).]

BEN HART IS A BLOODY LEGEND!!

A tough,hard,committed, physical, spirited game by the Crows. It reminded me alot of the win against Sydney in the finals series of 98 - which was one of our best ever games. This one was right up there, but I've seen better. Set up early in the first quarter by goals to Peter Vardy. We seemed to use the ball much better in the wet today and we moved it around very well in the first quarter. A very scrappy game, but I liked the fact that we were always at the ball and in the contest. Our kicking, bad decision making and lack of concertration was a real concern in the third quarter, but we were good enough to work through that and win the game!!

I think Roo may be watching the game from the Alma Hotel next week, I reckon he'll get suspended for some of his work in the first quarter.

BEST: Hart, Roo, Jarman, Stevens, Edwards, Smart, Bickley, Welsh, Robran

GO CROWS!!!

Jerome

Poor Ant....!!! lol

Lucky win ???????? Trying to take away our moment of glory Macca? Unbelievable. Let us enjoy our truly meritorious, well earnt, totally talented and utterly DESERVED win in peace please.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Ant, just think on the good side of it, youve got a ticket for showdown 10!

------------------
"I came here to win, I am a winner" - Denzel Washington , Remember The Titans ; 2000

Macca, we may have had a bit of fortune go our way here or there, Campo out before the game, the rain came at just the right moments, but I reckon we made a lot of our own luck at times, with a hard, committed effort at the footy. Macca, there were elements of luck in the win but by no means was this a lucky win.

I thought we controlled the game for more than 15 minutes, we were in control for the first quarter and a half, before Carlton got into it in that second quarter and got 3 majors. Roo's goal 14 seconds out was very important. The Blues dominated much of the 3rd quarter, probably all, but our defence held firm. The last was a bit either way I thought, each team had their moments but we hung onto the lead well. Gutsy effort. So all in all Macca we probably shared control of the game with the Blues for most of the day, just our better execution and early goals got us home.

As for slipping and fumbling our way to victory, our skills were better than the Blues today and we played the smarter wet weather football. We had a good gameplan and were WELL COACHED by Ayres, great move Robran into the ruck in the last quarter. Wonderful to see all the players gather around Ayresy at the end of the game and give him a hug.
smile.gif

Now there were plenty of good players I thought, as already pointed out, Hart was magnificent down back, Jarman made a few 'blues' but his skill and calmness in the clinches was special. Roo was good mainly because his goals were timely, Goodwin did the job on Bradley and Stevens was solid as well. It was good old fashioned footy, no sanitised stuff out there and we came out on top, well and truly, completely deserved.

Now about that Port membership, well, no one really took me seriously right?? How 'bout I just get a scarf, or go to a game?? I'll see how much a membership costs and how much money I have and I'll go from there.
smile.gif

Originally posted by ant:

As for slipping and fumbling our way to victory, our skills were better than the Blues today and we played the smarter wet weather football. We had a good gameplan and were WELL COACHED by Ayres, great move Robran into the ruck in the last quarter. Wonderful to see all the players gather around Ayresy at the end of the game and give him a hug.
smile.gif

I will never forget that HUG!

MACCA, just admit it, we were "SPECIAL" today, what a win!
smile.gif

------------------
"I came here to win, I am a winner" - Denzel Washington , Remember The Titans ; 2000

Life works in mysterious ways. A game you have a snowball in hell chance of winning provides the magic moments. Yes, it wasn't pretty football but in the conditions it was effective. Thats the best game since the 1998 Grand Final for commitment and passion. Macca19, how can you say they controlled the game for only 15 mins, in the first half they went into their 50 zone - 32 times to 16. That suggests the opposite. Still this win means nothing unless they back it up against the Roos next Saturday night. For me, 0 out 4 tips so far. Still who cares, the Crows won. You bloody beauty.

Macca, you listen to the TV commentators too much. Adelaide had control for the entire first half. Even the third term the scoring was even. Yes Blues had more of the ball, but that is their style. They get a lot of possession because they chip the ball around short, but go nowhere.

I though the ball spent about 70% to 80% of the time in crows forward line. At times there was no-one forward for Blues at all.

Control & dominence to the Crows all day, practically. Blues got a few lucky goals, and some good goals, to keep in touch.

After the first Q, the margin was 20 points to Crows. At half time the margin was 15 points, so Blues won that Q. At 3 Q time, the margin was still 15 points. At the final siren, the margin was nine points, but Rick O got a goal that was not awarded, so it still should have been 15 points.

Ahead all day (except for the first five minutes) and at the end.

Lucky win?

Macca you are full of it.

Originally posted by Crows.ok:
Macca, you listen to the TV commentators too much. Adelaide had control for the entire first half. Even the third term the scoring was even. Yes Blues had more of the ball, but that is their style. They get a lot of possession because they chip the ball around short, but go nowhere.

I though the ball spent about 70% to 80% of the time in crows forward line. At times there was no-one forward for Blues at all.

Control & dominence to the Crows all day, practically. Blues got a few lucky goals, and some good goals, to keep in touch.

After the first Q, the margin was 20 points to Crows. At half time the margin was 15 points, so Blues won that Q. At 3 Q time, the margin was still 15 points. At the final siren, the margin was nine points, but Rick O got a goal that was not awarded, so it still should have been 15 points.

Ahead all day (except for the first five minutes) and at the end.

Lucky win?

Macca you are full of it.

Well Crows.ok. Im full of it am i?? Does this mean you were full of it after the Crows v Melbourne game when you said exactly the same thing?? I hope so, otherwise you would be ahypocrit wouldnt you!! How can you say the crows win today was great and that you controlled it, and that you were ahead all day....yet in the melbourne game, it didnt matter that melbourne were in front all game, and that they controlled only 15 minutes of the game, and that it was 'Lucky' as you put it. Take your bloody blinkers off and stop being so damn bias. If Melbournes win was lucky...then so was the Crows win today. The games were overly similar...you had any sense of being unbias you would realise this. I maintain that it was lucky, on the basis that you said melbournes win was lucky.

Crows.ok you are full of it

Originally posted by Macca19:

Well Crows.ok. Im full of it am i?? Does this mean you were full of it after the Crows v Melbourne game when you said exactly the same thing?? I hope so, otherwise you would be ahypocrit wouldnt you!! How can you say the crows win today was great and that you controlled it, and that you were ahead all day....yet in the melbourne game, it didnt matter that melbourne were in front all game, and that they controlled only 15 minutes of the game, and that it was 'Lucky' as you put it. Take your bloody blinkers off and stop being so damn bias. If Melbournes win was lucky...then so was the Crows win today. The games were overly similar...you had any sense of being unbias you would realise this. I maintain that it was lucky, on the basis that you said melbournes win was lucky.

Crows.ok you are full of it

I knew you go for this one Macca. Thats why I laid it out for you.

I said, after the Melbourne game, that if a team gained a lead, then maintained that margin, then they could be said to be in control of the game. After the Carlton game I described exactly that - Crows gained a lead, and basically held it all day.

Have a look in the threads if you like. Its all there.

Also - the Dees/Adelaide game was one where Dees got a much larger lead - then lost it. The scores were very close at the end. Given that the scores were so close, but one team relaxed and the other stuck at it, which one deserved to win? That was the question after the Dees game. Also, in that game, the team with the most scoring shots just lost.

Adelaide OTOH against Carlton gained a small lead - then held it. They maintained that buffer for nearly the whole match, and it wasn't until Lappin goaled after Jarman wasn't awarded the most blatant free kick of the day that Carlton even threatened.

Nope. These were quite different games Macca. And you know it.

The conclusion - Macca is full of it - stands.

Originally posted by QT:
Ant, just think on the good side of it, youve got a ticket for showdown 10!

Every member will get one of those after only 3 and a half Port fans turn up.

Originally posted by Crows.ok:
I knew you go for this one Macca. Thats why I laid it out for you.

I said, after the Melbourne game, that if a team gained a lead, then maintained that margin, then they could be said to be in control of the game. After the Carlton game I described exactly that - Crows gained a lead, and basically held it all day.

Have a look in the threads if you like. Its all there.

Also - the Dees/Adelaide game was one where Dees got a much larger lead - then lost it. The scores were very close at the end. Given that the scores were so close, but one team relaxed and the other stuck at it, which one deserved to win? That was the question after the Dees game. Also, in that game, the team with the most scoring shots just lost.

Adelaide OTOH against Carlton gained a small lead - then held it. They maintained that buffer for nearly the whole match, and it wasn't until Lappin goaled after Jarman wasn't awarded the most blatant free kick of the day that Carlton even threatened.

Nope. These were quite different games Macca. And you know it.

The conclusion - Macca is full of it - stands.

Well you obviously didnt watch the game. The margin in fact wasnt the same thruout the match. Adelaide got out to a 27 point lead...Carlton cut it back to 7 or 9 points during hte second quarter until Riccuito goaled. Third quarter stayed pretty much the same. After Adelaide scored a goal early in the last, it seemed that was the game..until carlton kicked 2 quick goals to get back in it.
Carlton threatened on two or three occasions and had a bit more control than what you think they did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back