Autopsy Adelaide wins the prelim [WARNING: ZERO TOLERANCE TO TROLLING]

Remove this Banner Ad

Never expected to win a GF this year, was only a matter of time before this happened.

Ah well what a bummer.
We love them but unfortunately we can't play for them sometimes :p
Wasn't a good game plan this week unfortunately. The problem is playing the unpressured zone was never a good decision at any time for a prelim.
I hate to think this is the end of our premiership window finally, what a big bloody window it has been though.
Could have had it worse than being a catters supporter the last 10 years :)
:(

Jelwood tonight was absolutely inspirational.

We could harp on about how pathetic that showing was but really we just weren’t good enough, the Crows could not have played better in the first quarter and would be deserving premiers.

Something does need to be done about our tendency to start late during big games, it’s a mystery to me and obviously Scott.

The trade period is in a few weeks, and if we do it right I’m sure we’ll be back up there again.

As for the Mad Monday/Wacky Wednesday, after this I can see now why it is slightly disrespectful, and if I were lucky enough to be playing AFL football with a team good enough to make a preliminary final I’d be back out on the track Monday morning.

Stanley, Lang, Kolo, Menzel need to go

Stringer, Ablett/Smith in
Yep. Too many limited, sluggish, ordinary and at best inconsistent footballers. This and the Richmond loss should be enough to see us strip things back and stop playing the usual favs but hard not to be sceptical. Probably have Murdoch back in round one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't seen the game, but Kolo's been excellent as a 1 on 1 defender when played in that role - assuming he played a wing-type role tonight?

Re his defensive work:

After suffering injury setbacks during the summer, Kolodjashnij returned to the senior fold for Geelong’s loss to Essendon in Round 8.

By early July he was the fourth best one-on-one defender in the competition, losing just 11 per cent of his duels.

Re: where he's played:

And the move hasn’t just been as a bit of relief for Geelong’s midfield, Kolodjashnij has spent a staggering 90 per cent of his playing time in the Cats’ engine room.

Between rounds eight and 18, Kolodjashnij had spent 99 per cent of his playing time in defence.

Same s**t different season.

Not surprised in the least. Fell for those that forked out for the trip over there to put up with this garbage :thumbsdown:
Get to say thanks to Domsy & Mackie for the past 15 years

Was won in the first quarter like usual. I really hope Lonergan and Mackie weren't secretly force retired. Could really use them next season.

There are a lot more positives from tonight than last year. We were competitive or better than Adelaide in a lot of areas but our turnovers played into their hands. Their first quarter was one of the great rebounding displays you'll ever see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back