Autopsy Adelaide wins the prelim [WARNING: ZERO TOLERANCE TO TROLLING]

Remove this Banner Ad

ok

we start 2018 with no expectations
the only expectation I have is that the coaches will do everything possible from now to next season start

good speech by Scott

We only say it's a disgrace because he plays for us now. If I were an Adelaide supporter I'd be pretty annoyed with Dangerfield as well. To put it mildly.

This is a carbon copy of the Richmond game. This board had nothing but arrogant contempt for their team, their club, and their supporters in the lead up. After they came out and smashed us, suddenly it's the "why do they hate us?" routine.

We just can't handle losing.
Codswallop. He got drafted over there at 17 and gave them his best for 8 years-more than enough. No issue with players returning home. Just total sooking by Adelaide supporters.

For me it's the same as Ablett. They want to be able to leave a club when they want, on their terms, but they don't want anyone to be upset about it. The world doesn't work like that. And shouldn't either.
But partridge, it's gonna come back and haunt GA'J if he comes bk nxt yr....isnt it ? It's poor form on adl supporters to treat patty like that.
Good luck to lever his first game bk and beyond

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not as much sooking as by Geelong supporters this September.

#GenerationSnowflake
I don't think so. The last few posts of yours I haven't seen much evidence for. Keep the hastag for the millenials and away from folks like us who have been there since the 70s- good times and bad. We are not generation snowflake.

Don't get the fuss. Certainly don't get the outrage. They feel like he suited himself and walked out on them. All fans at all clubs would and do feel exactly the same.
The Crows, the media and the AFL are obsessed with Dangerfield like CNN is obsessed with Trump or the UN is obsessed with Israel. Nothing annoys some people as much as success.

I don't think so. The last few posts of yours I haven't seen much evidence for. Keep the hastag for the millenials and away from folks like us who have been there since the 70s- good times and bad. We are not generation snowflake.

I would find it very hard to believe anyone over 40 could ever be upset (or remotely surprised) by how the opposition crowd treats an ex-player.

In a preliminary final. At their home ground. I'm stunned it occurred too. I was expecting them to link arms with Dangerfield and sing "kumbaya".

Last edited:
Don't get the fuss. Certainly don't get the outrage. They feel like he suited himself and walked out on them. All fans at all clubs would and do feel exactly the same.

Because Ablett gets booed all the time when he plays us doesn't he...
Or Kelly...
Or SJ...
Or Chapman....

And the fact they think like that is exactly what makes them top sooks. Toughen up-8 years and then come home-all good. Get over it.
I got over Ablett leaving for lesser reasons very quickly so nope, not everyone is that childish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No thanks!
Go watch the next 3 quarters again.
I don't like Joel appealing to the umps and he surely plays for frees a bit more these days than in the past, bus seriously if you are dissing Joel you have hit the bottom in terms of the blame game.
Sometimes you just have to cop stuff in the chin. We are not yet good enough.

The game was lost in the first. Selwood was playing for free kicks. Then when we looked like we had a bit of momentum in the 3rd he kicked the ball straight to a Crows player than resulted in a goal.

Our leaders let us down again.

The first sentence I agree with. The rest is just rubbish.
You're rubbish.

He was among our best. Not Joel's fault

No he wasn't.

I did think starting Danger forward was a bad move. He marked the first thing that came in, and had he kicked that goal, who knew what that might have been. Did take a bit long to switch him to the middle, should have been a 3 goal limit until the switch was made.
Even if he'd kicked it, it would not have made much difference to the final result, they beat us for four quarters and are a better side. Hindsight is a great thing, since Danger was brilliant in the second quarter in the middle, it seems he would have been better starting the game in the middle - but we needed much more than one player at their best all night.

The game was lost in the first. Selwood was playing for free kicks. Then when we looked like we had a bit of momentum in the 3rd he kicked the ball straight to a Crows player than resulted in a goal.

I think every free J Selwood got was deserved. And he wasn't alone in turning the ball over and costing us a goal. I don't know about the stats but I would love to know if that was the most scores against us from turnovers in club history. At one point we were 5.2 down and 5.3 of that was from turnovers. Something like that- early in the 2nd. By the end of the night I think we (by my casual count) had handed 10 goals to the Crows from turnovers- the winning margin. Bad disposal is bad football.

As fans, we need to stop calling for the scalps of players for not being perfect. We've had guys on this forum calling for 1st year players to be dropped or traded for missing a spoil in a marking contest.

Last edited:
Even if he'd kicked it, it would not have made much difference to the final result, they beat us for four quarters and are a better side. Hindsight is a great thing, since Danger was brilliant in the second quarter in the middle, it seems he would have been better starting the game in the middle - but we needed much more than one player at their best all night.
But if he kicks the goal, gets his tail up, the crowd taken out of it, crows momentum slowed a little.

Taking your opportunities is your biggest asset. But yeah, who knows.

I've had a chance to sleep on it, I'm still disappointed and frustrated but I've found acceptance.

This era 2012-20/21 is and will be an era that will go down in history as a failure. Clubs do fail, more have failed than not in fact, and we as supporters have a right to be unhappy about that, but it is all temporary. The 90's were a failure but thanks to time we have moments from that era that we still look on fondly, but they were a frustrating team of almosts and a thousand what-ifs. Scott's Cats are now in that bracket, a team of almosts that never got it done, there have been highlights like our amazing games against the Hawks and some great wins to look back on in 20 years when the dust settles, and I am now happy to go into the next few years expecting very little, maybe it'll come together, but it probably won't. I will be a Cats fan long after every player currently on our list has moved on or retired, a failed era won't change that, another shitty prelim won't change that and the club will still be here in 5 years and when a new era begins. Every supporter has a right to be pissed off right now, people saying otherwise are being ridiculous.

You're off your head. Jelwood broke the record in last year's prelim for the most contested possessions in a final.

You need to stop being an attention seeking loser.
Nice contribution as usual.

I think every free J Selwood got was deserved. And he wasn't alone in turning the ball over and costing us a goal. I don't know about the stats but I would love to know if that was the most scores against us from turnovers in club history. At one point we were 5.2 down and 5.3 of that was from turnovers. Something like that- early in the 2nd. By the end of the night I think we (by my casual count) had handed 10 goals to the Crows from turnovers- the winning margin. Bad disposal is bad football.

As fans, we need to stop calling for the scalps of players for not being perfect. We've had guys on this forum calling for 1st year players to be dropped or traded for missing a spoil in a marking contest.
I never called for his scalp, I questioned his leadership.

As for the Texan, biggest showboat of all time. Junk time goals and prances around.
I don't get the "Tex" thing.
I never see him in the game until it is already won, yet the media love him. Is it the mullet? That seems to be his defining feature.

He is a good kick. I'll give him that, but what else is there to substantiate the cockiness?

Not a fan.

afl biggest bunch of cheats
mrs cotchin bundles in low and attacks shields below the knees which is a free kick against
not only hurts the player but no free, and there was head high contact

and ling says he is fine - seriously ling piss off

can the umpires fn do their job ever

Remove this Banner Ad

Back