Adelaide's Attractions

Remove this Banner Ad

cammo6556

Cancelled
10k Posts Baghdad Bombers - Sweet F.A. BeanCoiNFT Investor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Oct 10, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Hey all.

Because I am an exceedingly thoughtful guy, I'm planning on taking the family on a holiday back to the old stomping ground next year. Haven't been back to Adelaide in an absolute eternity and my memory is pretty vague around the family friendly attractions around. If any of you lot have some ideas on where we could go, what we could do (me, the missus, two kids - 7 and 1 1/12) it would be much appreciated.

Left up to me, we would head to AAMI, a SANFL game, and Puzzle Park, which I cant be certain exists any more.

The zoo is pretty good. Depending on the weather there's also the Beach House, which has replaced Magic Mountain and is essentially exactly the same thing without the cool/ugly mountain.

The zoo is pretty good. Depending on the weather there's also the Beach House, which has replaced Magic Mountain and is essentially exactly the same thing without the cool/ugly mountain.
Awesome... was hoping there was a magic mountain type place still around. I still remember riding down Montezumas revenge... and then later finding out it was a form of severe gastro...

Zoo is in debt , massively, so make sure you spend plenty of that Victorian dough....

I work for a Queensland company, so I guess their money will just have to do!

Will you be better or worse off with the exchange rate?

Will you be better or worse off with the exchange rate?
pretty sure it's irrelevant with my pay packet... Sigh...

I love puzzle park
it's still there? Can't wait to burn myself on the giant bumpy metal slides again... I mean, watch the kids enjoy themselves whilst I conduct myself with dignity.

If your coming over in winter, I'd take a day trip out to Victor Harbour. Go to the Bluff and check out the whales in the morning, grab some lunch at the local bakery and then head to Greenhills Adventure park in the afternoon. :thumbsu:

You could go the other way, head to the Barossa for some wine tasting (Jacobs Creek visitors centre is good), Penfolds, grab some lunch in Lyndock, and then move onto the whispering wall in Williamstown.

Don't do the Adelaide Zoo, it's s**t. Instead, go out to Monarto Zoo about 40 mins from Adelaide on the Princess Highway. That's quality and the kids love it as they get up and personal with the animals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey all.

Because I am an exceedingly thoughtful guy, I'm planning on taking the family on a holiday back to the old stomping ground next year. Haven't been back to Adelaide in an absolute eternity and my memory is pretty vague around the family friendly attractions around. If any of you lot have some ideas on where we could go, what we could do (me, the missus, two kids - 7 and 1 1/12) it would be much appreciated.

Left up to me, we would head to AAMI, a SANFL game, and Puzzle Park, which I cant be certain exists any more.

Puzzle Park is shut mate. Try Greenhills Adventure Park instead. Just outside Victor Harbour.

Another park for the family is St. Kilda playground. This is free and your eldest will love it.

:)

(edit) . . . get to Hahndorf as well mate. On the Sunday is best. :thumbsu:

Another park for the family is St. Kilda playground. This is free and your eldest will love it.

St Kilda playground..........

That's where we went as 17 year olds to smoke the jazz cigarettes at night - then we would hurt ourselves on the flying fox and get lost under the giant slide/maze room because it would be too dark. good times

Thanks guys. Except Pete, but I kinda expected that was coming from someone. Was tempted to make mention of heading out to a Woodville game, but thought better of it.

The Old Adelaide Gaol is worth a visit. You can even do a twilight tour to add to the creepiness.

The Barossa has plenty of stuff to do:

http://www.barossavalleyjunctionmotel.com.au/barossa.html

Even if you're not into wine, there's stuff like the Lego Man and the Whispering Wall reservoir which are fun for the young'uns.

In the Hills, you've got the Great Rocking Horse (Gumeracha), the National Motor Museum (Birdwood) and Melba's Chocolates (Woodside) all within 20 minutes drive of each other. I think Lobethal still has the Fairyland Village operating too.

On a side note, it really is a disgrace the government let the Investigator Science Centre die out.

Zoo is in debt , massively, so make sure you spend plenty of that Victorian dough....

The Misses and I went to the Zoo the other day when we had some time to kill. Noticed a family ticket is now $85!!

Ever been to crazyhorse? it is pricey but you did say moneys not an issue.

i didnt say that... I wish it wasnt, but Im leaving time to save... Gonna do it properly. No tents.

oh and even i know what cracyhorse is... and no i havent been there.:D

yet

The Misses and I went to the Zoo the other day when we had some time to kill. Noticed a family ticket is now $85!!

Our zoo is way overpriced in comparison to say Taronga Zoo (which is only a couple of dollars more than what Adelaide Zoo charge). Unfortunately, Adelaide Zoo's attiude tends to be 'who cares, we have pandas', which would largely explain why they're broke atm.

Don't do the Adelaide Zoo, it's s**t. Instead, go out to Monarto Zoo about 40 mins from Adelaide on the Princess Highway. That's quality and the kids love it as they get up and personal with the animals.

I was actually pleasantly surprised by the zoo when I went in January. It is stupidly overpriced though. I was going to suggest Monarto in my original response, but didn't want to come across as some creepy zoo obsessive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back