Adelaide's decline

Remove this Banner Ad

*incoming excuses and club apologists*

Adelaide, as a football club, only have themselves to blame for the period I and many perceive they are about to enter. So many bad decisions, excuses, cover ups, denials and errors have been made. Only an idiot would deny that they have occurred, yet so many supporters do and the club has played them down or ignored them from a management level the entire time, review included.

Don't have any opinion on Nicks but their list is pretty bad.
Not sure any coach could get them off the bottom 4 this year
Total re build needed.

Too early to have an opinion on Nicks really.

The list is terrible, and the people who put that list together, along with those that employed them, are still at the club. It is nothing but a boys club.

The fact we drafted Jordan Galluci ahead of your user name says it all.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

All dates from the 2017 grand final.

Richmond broke the club.

Heart and soul, since then they've only been an echo of what they were before that day.
Ffs, can we have a thread on this damn board without this s**t? Move the * on, it’s just trolling and adds nothing to the discussion.

Richmond broke the club.

Heart and soul, since then they've only been an echo of what they were before that day.
I'm amazed it took until page 2 for a Richmond fan to chime in with this. I guess there's a first for some things (although some Richmond fans still want to make it all about them).

They might have looked second, or even third rate, but they diiiiiid just play Port Adelaide.

You are exactly right, to be so poor is one thing, but to do so against Port is quite another. A low point of our club. As I keep saying, all the people making the wrong decisions are still there.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You could always count on them for a few hidden gems you’ve never heard of to pop up and surprise everyone but it doesn’t look too promising ATM

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't he get the job because he could get to the players on an emotional level?
Nicks is two games into a rebuild year and is already shaking up our selections, that’s a massive positive for any Crows supporter. He is actually leaving the likes of Gibbs, Mackay, Hartigan etc out all at once! This is not something we are used to...

Nicks is two games into a rebuild year and is already shaking up our selections, that’s a massive positive for any Crows supporter. He is actually leaving the likes of Gibbs, Mackay, Hartigan etc out all at once! This is not something we are used to...
Yeah i like that. Gotta give him 24 months to right the ship.

They will struggle to win games this year, Nicks could be sacked before the season is done, very meh and seems out of his depth.

0-17 is very much on the cards, someone will probably fall over somewhere through.

None of it its Nicks fault. He's been set up to fail with the cheapest/worst assistant coaches in the AFL. Crows fell off the cliff halfway through last year when the players checked out. Drafting was good up until around 2016, our talent is well below the competition average now. Senior players have all regressed.

Richmond broke the club.

Pretty much, although it dates way back to when Stephen Trigg was CEO, the guy that didnt last 18months at Carlton.

We don't really have a heart/soul, we're run like a business that's had the same stubborn people in charge that cannot get removed. It was a matter of time before it blew up, Richmond just happened to fast track it.

Why didn't they take Dylan Stephens in the draft?

I know they also needed a key-position player and McAsey is obviously a nice talent, but I would have thought a premium, classy, outside-running SA local would be just what they need. Did they really need to trade the pick to GWS?

Stephens went before McAsey.

Even if they took him prior there’s nothing wrong with the selection if they are looking at the long-term.

Recruiters absolutely love athletic 195cm players capable of playing both ends of the ground.

McAsey was one of the few shining lights for them tonight.

They will struggle to win games this year, Nicks could be sacked before the season is done, very meh and seems out of his depth.

I don't really have an opinion on Nicks but this is a silly comment - Alistair Clarkson could be their coach and they'd still be well and truly on track for bottom 4. The Crows problems are going to take more than 17 matches for anyone to fix.

If the Crows board got rid of Nicks before the end of the season it would say a lot more about them than about Nicks.

I don't really have an opinion on Nicks but this is a silly comment - Alistair Clarkson could be their coach and they'd still be well and truly on track for bottom 4. The Crows problems are going to take more than 17 matches for anyone to fix.

If the Crows board got rid of Nicks before the end of the season it would say a lot more about them than about Nicks.
Crows best two players were Crouch. Mediocre forward line, mediocre back line. no emerging talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back