Adelaide's decline

Remove this Banner Ad

I really think people are underestimating how bad they actually are. Once again the young players were just dreadful again. They have to keep playing Sholl/McAsey/Stengle/Himmelberg despite not performing at all and looking overwhelmed.

This is the lowest we have seen a team since Fitzroy
Worst team since Carlton 2018

Doedee, O’Brien and Laird. Talia is still a good player too but not sure he would make one of those sides. Cupboard gets bare after that...

Laird played well in the midfield but got shunted away from there yesterday to make room for Sloane ( who is the very definition of cooked). People forget he was an AA rebound player when we were decent - I have no doubt he would slot into a top team and be valuable
Talia is cooked.
Mobility of the queen mary.. Terrible at ground level.

Adelaide’s list is woeful
Nicks has a tough gig but needs to be given a go!
Is there genuinely 1 crows player that would get a guernsey for a full strength Richmond, wcoast, Geelong, Brisbane?
Yes. Riley O'Brien would be a walk-up start in our side, Matt Crouch and Rory Laird I could find a guernsey for, too. Doedee or Milera in for Bews, Tom Lynch possibly in as a hit-up forward.

Might be sitting bottom of the ladder but that's the best indigenous round jumper ever. Amazing.

The Crows seem to have the best Indigenous jumper every year.

I feel like they should adapt them as their main kit, because they're too good to use just once or twice per season.

Rubbish.
I love the SANFL but the Crows current side would comfortably go through undefeated. Massive gulf in standard
That's what I said?
The question was "Would they win?" Or did I read it wrong.

The Crows seem to have the best Indigenous jumper every year.

I feel like they should adapt them as their main kit, because they're too good to use just once or twice per season.
As first Indigenous player, they asked Eddie Hocking to design it and I agree it's a cracker. Good to see that in this annus horribilis of theirs they've got something right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As first Indigenous player, they asked Eddie Hocking to design it and I agree it's a cracker. Good to see that in this annus horribilis of theirs they've got something right.

As an aside, what ever happened to Hocking's career?

Debuts for Central District as a 17-year-old in 1987, 2nd in the Magarey Medal count as a 20-year-old in 1990 (in a 7th-place Bulldogs side), spends a couple of years on the Crows' list (1991-1992), then finishes off with West Adelaide (1993-1994), and then out of the SANFL at age 25.

Did he continue on in the ammos or in country footy? Just feels like a bloke with that sort of talent for his age would have had a longer run at state league level, or at least the story of why it didn't really pan out would be more well-known.

As an aside, what ever happened to Hocking's career?

Debuts for Central District as a 17-year-old in 1987, 2nd in the Magarey Medal count as a 20-year-old in 1990 (in a 7th-place Bulldogs side), spends a couple of years on the Crows' list (1991-1992), then finishes off with West Adelaide (1993-1994), and then out of the SANFL at age 25.

Did he continue on in the ammos or in country footy? Just feels like a bloke with that sort of talent for his age would have had a longer run at state league level, or at least the story of why it didn't really pan out would be more well-known.
No idea but pity the poor guy in the amateurs who had to stand him. Somewhat hysterically I was put on Eddie Fry playing against Unley Jets about five years after he retired, and it went about as well as you would expect to.

They've got the right colours for it imo

Can't not be.
We used black rather than dark blue one year though... but yes, you are correct that we have 3 good colours for an ATSI jumper.

We have had a good record in the Indigenous jumper, particularly with Eddie usually starring with goal of the year.

Unfortunately it's going to get ugly this year v Cats.

My fault I was supposed to be replying to the post immediately after yours where the poster reckons the Eagles, Glenelg etc would beat the Crows

It was actually my post you were replying to. I misinterpreted the question initially, thinking it was the Crows SANFL team being mentioned, which I then stated shortly afterwards. In hindsight, there full strength side would win the SANFL comfortably.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I hope they sneak a win somewhere before the last round when we play them. They will be desperate to avoid a winless season.

Don’t want to be playing them in those circumstances leading into finals
On the contrary, I'm looking forward to that....

And you should too, it'd be finals like pressure

They are disgraceful.
Richmond will swat them like a fly ...
By the time Richmond play us it'll be over 1 year since their last true road win

Put the house on Adelaide to win, easy money.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back