Adelaide's decline

Remove this Banner Ad

So now Adelaide have won a spoon.

See how they bounce back from this.

When we "won" the spoon in 2010 we rebounded and made a Prelim in 2011 so anything is possible.

Started showing some ok signs late.

Will also be interesting to see what effects the myriad of proposed changes to 2021 may do to teams...

E.g. reduced lists and the impact injuries might have on teams... more games next season etc...

Has Reilly O.Brien ever had a first half like he did yesterday. Was awesome against a good ruckman in Nankervis who is a difficult customer around the ground, especially in marking contests. Haven't seen to many better halves of footy by a ruckman than that all year. Give me a ruckman who can take contested marks around the ground than a good tap ruck any day.
Yes & should easily win out B&F.

Sometimes tough love is needed... but we have the crows ambassadors covering up incompetent management.

Btw, Abba, Ditts, Tredders, Rooch & Kornes are far more than 0.1%!
Of course tough love is needed.

Crows have been historically competitive.

Crows are unlikely to make finals in 2022. That would mean the crows will go through a period of 5 years in a row of no finals.

Hell even for crows standards, 4 years in a row of no finals is an eternity.

Saying that, there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Adelaide's fitness is the worst I have seen since ours circa 2011 under the great Cam Falloon. How long is the person in charge of this areas contract? This is one of the most important areas, and when fixed a team can easily win a few more games.
True. Crows fitness has improved slightly since that disastrous 2020 season.

To Carlton obviously.
I know this post was made when the crows were 0-13. Should of got 2-4 wins in the 1st 10 games in 2020.

Still... The crows were 0-9 after 9 games in 2020.

Crows were 3-6 after 9 games in 2021 and 2022. Beats being 0-9.

Yeah the crows beat the Eagles in Adelaide. Still think the crows are heading to the right direction.

Hawks were ladder leaders for a lot of 2001.

I remember Carlton (at the time a heavyweight and about to scalp the bombers) beating Freo by 1pt in the opening round. No one would have predicted them to suddenly go 0-17.

In retrospect, funny that Freo's two wins were against finalists. Was a shameful upset at the time. Most pundits scratched the Hawks after that loss, before a decent finals showing.
Still bitter about Freo going 0-17 and 2-20 in 2001. Freo lost a few close games that year. Should of got 4-6 wins that year. Freo improved quickly after that

Of course tough love is needed.

Crows have been historically competitive.

Crows are unlikely to make finals in 2022. That would mean the crows will go through a period of 5 years in a row of no finals.

Hell even for crows standards, 4 years in a row of no finals is an eternity.

Saying that, there's light at the end of the tunnel.
Haha, nice bump.

No chance of making finals this year & said pre-season i expected we would finish around the same place as last year given we have gone in with even less (& least) experienced squad.

My main concern is getting 50+ games into our younger players & speeding up their development. Not sure this is happening in the best way as we have been carrying many more experienced players who have been performing poorly... when we may as well play a younger player.

We did drop ROB & Crouch, but we brought back Crouch for no good reason & it's unbalanced our midfield pushing Hately/Berry out. ROB at least earned hi way back.

Brown has been poor all year, but it took an injury for him to be dropped. Meanwhile we dropped Jones 1st who was actually in decent form.

We continued to play Doedee as a 2nd key defender (which he isn't) & don't bother to give Worrell a look in despite being one of our better sanfl players all year.

Cook had a decent early season, but we haven't seen him for a while but are persisting with small forward plodders.

At least last year's 1st draft picks Rachele & Soligo look quality...but our team selection in a rebuild has left a lot to be desired at times.

Still bitter about Freo going 0-17 and 2-20 in 2001. Freo lost a few close games that year. Should of got 4-6 wins that year. Freo improved quickly after that
Exactly. Freo weren't bad in the opening couple rounds of 2001. That home win streak they had going in the first half of 2002 under a new coach was an exciting time for the club, a bit like servebots in tennis who can hold serve strongly but really struggle to break and it comes down to clutching the tiebreak. An away win against a crap Vic club can make or break finals. The Eagles were in a similar boat but Freo's run that year was a bit more memorable to me.

This year the toughluck story seems to be Hawthorn. I feel like they've lost at least a handful of close contests by now. With a bit more good fortune they could be higher on the ladder.

Last edited:
It’s truly absurd how many posters in this thread want to find football-based solutions when the only answer is restoring trust in the institution. Almost like the Crows have paid plants in here always trying to steer the discussion back to matters of drafting and coaching rather than actually addressing the problem. All must fall on their swords. Full organisational colonic. Every member of staff at the club at the time of the camp and involved in the ensuing denial and deflection must go. It’s the only answer.

Worst run club in footy. When it's time to pay out Nicks hopefully they will have the humility to go over the soft cap and pay the penalties rather than cut an assistant coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha, nice bump.

No chance of making finals this year & said pre-season i expected we would finish around the same place as last year given we have gone in with even less (& least) experienced squad.

My main concern is getting 50+ games into our younger players & speeding up their development. Not sure this is happening in the best way as we have been carrying many more experienced players who have been performing poorly... when we may as well play a younger player.

We did drop ROB & Crouch, but we brought back Crouch for no good reason & it's unbalanced our midfield pushing Hately/Berry out. ROB at least earned hi way back.

Brown has been poor all year, but it took an injury for him to be dropped. Meanwhile we dropped Jones 1st who was actually in decent form.

We continued to play Doedee as a 2nd key defender (which he isn't) & don't bother to give Worrell a look in despite being one of our better sanfl players all year.

Cook had a decent early season, but we haven't seen him for a while but are persisting with small forward plodders.

At least last year's 1st draft picks Rachele & Soligo look quality...but our team selection in a rebuild has left a lot to be desired at times.

" I said we would be no chance at making finals?"

Lol

So you over achieved last season?

27 shots from 66 inside 50s. 22 scoring shots.

Last week, 16 shots from 54 inside 50s. 14 scoring shots.

Yet was told through the preseason that the forward line didn’t need to do more - and could rely on a 34 year old replicating a career year - because they were the highest scoring team last season.

Go figure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back