Adelaide's decline

Remove this Banner Ad

27 shots from 66 inside 50s. 22 scoring shots.

Last week, 16 shots from 54 inside 50s. 14 scoring shots.

Yet was told through the preseason that the forward line didn’t need to do more - and could rely on a 34 year old replicating a career year - because they were the highest scoring team last season.

Go figure.

It’s not about Tex , it’s about the ball movement, lots of those entries were long bombs that didn’t advantage the forwards

4 years on from finishing 18th and their midfield is still ROB, Laird, Crouch, Dawson (admittedly a good pickup) and not a lot else, and their most important player is still Walker.

Just seems like such a haphazard rebuild so far. The players they have drafted over the last 4-5 years appear to be bit part players fitting in around this old guard, instead of the core of their next premiership team, no?

It’s not about Tex , it’s about the ball movement, lots of those entries were long bombs that didn’t advantage the forwards

It’s not a criticism of Tex. He’s a star.

But he had a career year in 2023 and can’t be expected to replicate it as a 33/34 year old.

Rest of the forward line has to stand up and take their games to the next level - they haven’t, and j don’t think they will.

4 years on from finishing 18th and their midfield is still ROB, Laird, Crouch, Dawson (admittedly a good pickup) and not a lot else, and their most important player is still Walker.

Just seems like such a haphazard rebuild so far. The players they have drafted over the last 4-5 years appear to be bit part players fitting in around this old guard, instead of the core of their next premiership team, no?

We continue to give games to duds who clearly aren't going to make it (Murphy, Berry, McHenry, Jones), players way past their best (Smith, Sloane, Laird is starting to decline badly as my once fav player) and just have horrendous skills. Our young players are rarely given a chance in the senior team, always backing the boys, so the young guys stagnate and get delisted or leave.

Whole board has gotta go, we've got talent waiting, we just need better direction in the club, new coaches and clear out the rot. However, Crows are too proud to do that, it's frustrating being a Crows supporter lately.

But he had a career year in 2023 and can’t be expected to replicate it as a 33/34 year old.

Rest of the forward line has to stand up and take their games to the next level - they haven’t, and j don’t think they will.
It was frustrating as a Freo supporter with all the praise of Adelaide from certain media peeps and dumping on Freo all while ignoring Adelaide rely an incredible amount on a bloke who has maybe 2 years left - literally 2nd most goals in the comp since 2021, not to mention all the goals he sets up.

I have no idea how Adelaide have gone through this rebuild without drafting one elite mid but it will cost them, particularly when Tex isnt there making them a 3 goal better team. Very lucky they got to absolutely extort Sydney on Dawson or it would be grim in there

Walker is not a star.

The guy can barely run.

It's an abomination that they have even the slightest reliance on him.

Walker is not a star.

The guy can barely run.

It's an abomination that they have even the slightest reliance on him.
He's clearly sore but he made the AA team literally last year...

He's gets more than 1 game before he's written off completely, he's a star, which is a massive part of the problem they'll face

Walker is not a star.

Yes he is. 600+ goals including a career best 76 last season.

He’s old and Adelaide shouldn’t be as reliant on him as they are, but he’s a star and has been for years.

View attachment 1936395

Cut this guy at your peril …
to Be Brutally honest.... I dont think he is the worst player in the AFL era, far from it.

You can do a Crows worst 22 in history, He wouldnt go near it.

36 games and 27 goals isnt bad.

Why would you put that amount of games in a 2 year period then delist him?

I have seen guys get cut after 30 games, but that is after they spent 4 or 5 or even 6 years on an AFL list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And I think you’re wrong for reason mentioned above

And I think you’re wrong for reason mentioned above

You don't think Tex is a star?

Or you don't think his support cast are a concern?

Poor delivery inside 50 certainly doesn't help, but even if it returns to the level we saw last year, I'm far from convinced the Adelaide forward line outside of Walker does anywhere near enough to give confidence that they can push on from what the team produced in 2023.

You don't think Tex is a star?

Or you don't think his support cast are a concern?

Poor delivery inside 50 certainly doesn't help, but even if it returns to the level we saw last year, I'm far from convinced the Adelaide forward line outside of Walker does anywhere near enough to give confidence that they can push on from what the team produced in 2023.

The rest are better than your are claiming , except Murphy, he sucks

We were also missing Thilthorpe

The rest are better than your are claiming , except Murphy, he sucks

We were also missing Thilthorpe

I never said they're bad. You seem to be missing the point.

The forward unit was really good in 2023, primarily on the back of a career year from Tex Walker. Can the support cast take the next step in 2024 or will you once again be reliant on a 33/34 year old?

So now Adelaide have won a spoon.

See how they bounce back from this.

When we "won" the spoon in 2010 we rebounded and made a Prelim in 2011 so anything is possible.

Started showing some ok signs late.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
it has been a slow and gradual rebuild.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back