Adelaide's decline

Remove this Banner Ad

I had no issue with 90% of our offseason departures
But to let BOTH CEY and Thor leave?
We deserve to suck with that shitty list management.

I had no issue with 90% of our offseason departures
But to let BOTH CEY and Thor leave?
We deserve to suck with that shitty list management.
I have no issues with the departures but I firmly believe they hit the wrong drafts....

Port went all in for that big one.... Crows topped up.

I have no issues with the departures but I firmly believe they hit the wrong drafts....

Port went all in for that big one.... Crows topped up.
Due to departures Crows fans were screaming to stick with SA talent.
And the only SA player worth going hard for was Rozee
We tried to trade up with St Kilda for him and jump you but they said no.

Stayed put and got Chayce Jones. I see him being serviceable (Having said that, he's doing better now that we're actually attacking the game)
But our other 1st round picks were too low to do damage. I actually see McHenery doing well. Just the player we need. Our very own Milne/Ballayntyne :p

I actually see McHenery doing well. Just the player we need. Our very own Milne/Ballayntyne :p
Yeah he's an interesting one.

I can't recall any annoying pest style player in Adelaide.... You've never had the types likely to pick fights, get suspended etc etc.

Can't help but think previous coaches wouldn't have drafted him or would have coached it outta him.

It's actually refreshing. Fog is in that mold too, Frampton too but he's not as likely to play though...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of similar players.

I looked at the outs for season 2020 and thought most were lumbering slow types - nothing too bad.

Did they get enough speed and versatility on to the list? Not sure.

It's staggering to see how far they have fallen

Proud club but the effort v Port was woeful

Are their off field issues at play?

Good post . Agree they’ve been in strife since preseason 2018 . I used to stress about playing the Crows , now I look forward to it .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Due to departures Crows fans were screaming to stick with SA talent.
And the only SA player worth going hard for was Rozee
We tried to trade up with St Kilda for him and jump you but they said no.

Stayed put and got Chayce Jones. I see him being serviceable (Having said that, he's doing better now that we're actually attacking the game)
But our other 1st round picks were too low to do damage. I actually see McHenery doing well. Just the player we need. Our very own Milne/Ballayntyne :p

Rozee the only SA player worth targeting?

Are you forgetting both Rankine AND Lukosius went before Rozee?

Why didn't they take Dylan Stephens in the draft?

I know they also needed a key-position player and McAsey is obviously a nice talent, but I would have thought a premium, classy, outside-running SA local would be just what they need. Did they really need to trade the pick to GWS?

It's simply our turn, every club has a turn. Our was brought on by catastrophic mismanagement, shocking culture in the last few years and even our reliable recruitment going haywire.

Nonetheless, no club can beat the odds forever. It is our turn to relearn humble.

In the future we will rise again to glory (or y'know the top 8 at least).

I think it is because they are a team filled with journeymen and not enough stars. I mean realistically how many stars do Adelaide have in 2020? Walker was one, but he isn't the player he once was, and the Crouch players, while both very solid players are not really star players.

It's staggering to see how far they have fallen

Proud club but the effort v Port was woeful

Are their off field issues at play?
Keep this in mind. In the AFL era, in a 30 year span from 1991-2020, of those 30 years, the crows have finished bottom 4 twice. In 1999 and 2011.

Theres Probably off field issues at play....

The had a good finals run from 2015-17. Should of made finals in 2018 and 2019 so it should of been a finals run from 2015-19.

Saying that... That 2017 was a good attacking side. I remember watching the 1st 6 games of the 2017 season. Did they deserve to finish top in 2017? Yes and No. Yes because they did enough to do it but in a way no as Cats, Richmond and GWS had lost a couple of narrow games and in Giants case, got a couple of draws. Cats, Richmond or GWS could of easily finished top in 2017 with 17 wins but didnt.

Crows Grinded out a 6 goal win vs GWS in the QF 12.12.84 to 6.12.48. Then won easily in the Prelim vs Geelong 21.10.136 to 10.15.75.

Crows were the faves walking into that Grand final vs Richmond and got belted 16.12.108 to 8.12.60. Jake Lever and Charlie Cameron were traded out.

The ladder was Harsh on the crows in 2018. they finished 12th with 12 wins and 10 losses where in most seasons, 12 wins would at least give you a finals spot in most scenarios.

In the 2019 season, they got 11th spot with 10 wins and 12 defeats. Again, turn a couple of Narrow losses into wins and they would of got 8th spot with good percentage.

Worse thing you can do in a top 8 finals system is finish 9th. I rather finish bottom 4 with a top 4 pick to use on a promising kid in the draft ot trade pick 4 to get multiple picks to get 2-3 good kids in the draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back