Adelaide's record against Geelong away from SA

Remove this Banner Ad

You want to play the big teams at the G. Agreed.
We ask for 11 home games because we make money playing at KP that what we do at the MCG.

It will never change. impossible to win down there. even in years where we have been top 4 we failed down there. hopefully next year we dodge that place.
now the capacity is up to 40k at seasons end lets hope we see VIC sides go down there

We ask for 11 home games because we make money playing at KP that what we do at the MCG.

I dont blame you to be honest....

I still remember That 2013 qualfying final between cats vs freo in Geleong....

Cats made more money selling out a then 33,000 seat kardinia park than 55,000 seat docklands. Mainly because rent in Kardinia is dirt cheap.

In 3 or 4 years I could see Geelong finally having a bit of a dip and the crows should be near their peak.
That would be a good chance.

When Thilthorpe, Rachele, Soligo, Pedlar, Murray, Michalanney, Jones, Fogarty, Rankine, Berry, Hinge, Butts/Worrell have all moved into or past that 70-80 game mark.
It’s a very young group at Adelaide so difficult to be too critical for losing to an experienced Geelong side.

Death, taxes, and Adelaide playing a game in at least 2 of Geelong, Tasmania or Ballarat. every. bloody. year. This year it's all 3 by round 10.

Dont worry.... Dockers play in Geelong every season.

Kardinia park is a loss pit, Especially to non vic sides.

You go there, take your defeat and go to the next game

Dont worry.... Dockers play in Geelong every season.

Kardinia park is a loss pit, Especially to non vic sides.

You go there, take your defeat and go to the next game
Yet you seem to have an ok record there. You've won there four times since we last did.

Death, taxes, and Adelaide playing a game in at least 2 of Geelong, Tasmania or Ballarat. every. bloody. year. This year it's all 3 by round 10.
To be honest, you would want the tough away games over and done with as soon as possible. Definately by the 1st half of the season, especially if your chasing a finals spot.

If it comes down to it. It's the final round of the season. You have an away game.

Would you rather face a bottom 4 side like hawks or west coast away this season? Probably.

Would you want to face the cats in Geelong for a finals spot? Probably not

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was always under the impression that the Cats were happy to play those H&A games at the MCG because of the increased revenue from the extra 20-40k in attendance.

Someone please point me to an article correcting me if I’m wrong.
No increase in revenue. We are forced to play there because the AFL are contracted to play x amount of games there each season. Clubs like Hawthorn are allowed to sell games to Tassie, Demons and Tigers in the past to places like Cairns, Darwin and Alice Springs, Geelong are used to fill those gaps.

Geelong make more money from a low to mid 20,000s crowd at Kardinia Park than they do from a 70,000+ crowd at the MCG.

If we are going to be forced to play home games away then the club wants to make as much revenue as they can to replace the guaranteed windfall from Kardinia Park games. Hence we request home games at the G against high drawing clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back