Coach Adem Yze – off to Richmond

GIRO

Debutant
Aug 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Would be a great get for our club, we need to bring in a new game style last years just isn’t working.
I think yze would bring something different which we desperately need.
Assistant coach over hall is required come seasons end.
Might help the forward too !!

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Would be a great get for our club, we need to bring in a new game style last years just isn’t working.
I think yze would bring something different which we desperately need.
Assistant coach over hall is required come seasons end.
Might help the forward too !!

Apart from being a Melbourne player what evidence is there he is a good coach.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Has been in the hawthorn system for a while, we need a change I seriously think he would add a lot

You've been slimed.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
This board of late

1560254391930.png

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
May aswell get Brendan Bolton then
Took the words right out of my mouth.

When a team has a very dominant period, there seems to be an assumption that every ounce of the organisation is worth its weight in gold - like they are all superior to their peers at rival clubs and that every piece was vital to the well-oiled machine that the club came to be. That's how we ended up with Neeld. Mick's right hand man - must be superb, right? Brendan Bolton must be brilliant if Clarko is willing to work with him, right? But the reality is that clubs are piecemeal entities. They edge their way to dominance through trial and error - and who knows, maybe Clarko and Malthouse needed underlings who don't get in their way and carry out his grunt work. There's no reason to assume that either Neeld or Bolton were at the tactical heart of their respective teams. Yet, we somehow assume they are. This is why the promotion of assistant coaches to senior coaches is a total crapshoot. You just don't know how they are going to go in the role until they actually do it. Far more "great" assistant coaches fail than succeed as senior coaches. For this reason, I can barely even raise a modicum of excitement anymore when we announce yet another untried coach. What reason would I have for optimism when the odds are so clearly against us? The Hawks got lucky when they snared Clarkson. Could have just as easily ended up at Melbourne - but then again, who knows how he would have gone at Melbourne. The pieces of the premiership puzzle don't actually fit neatly together. You have to jam them in there and hope it makes a picture you want. You have to get lucky and find that synergy of forces than are greater than the sum of their parts.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Took the words right out of my mouth.

When a team has a very dominant period, there seems to be an assumption that every ounce of the organisation is worth its weight in gold - like they are all superior to their peers at rival clubs and that every piece was vital to the well-oiled machine that the club came to be. That's how we ended up with Neeld. Mick's right hand man - must be superb, right? Brendan Bolton must be brilliant if Clarko is willing to work with him, right? But the reality is that clubs are piecemeal entities. They edge their way to dominance through trial and error - and who knows, maybe Clarko and Malthouse needed underlings who don't get in their way and carry out his grunt work. There's no reason to assume that either Neeld or Bolton were at the tactical heart of their respective teams. Yet, we somehow assume they are. This is why the promotion of assistant coaches to senior coaches is a total crapshoot. You just don't know how they are going to go in the role until they actually do it. Far more "great" assistant coaches fail than succeed as senior coaches. For this reason, I can barely even raise a modicum of excitement anymore when we announce yet another untried coach. What reason would I have for optimism when the odds are so clearly against us? The Hawks got lucky when they snared Clarkson. Could have just as easily ended up at Melbourne - but then again, who knows how he would have gone at Melbourne. The pieces of the premiership puzzle don't actually fit neatly together. You have to jam them in there and hope it makes a picture you want. You have to get lucky and find that synergy of forces than are greater than the sum of their parts.
I think the poster is suggesting we seek to bring in Yze as an assistant, not as senior coach.

Not the worst idea I’ve heard. Someone who brings some intel from the best training and conditioning system club of the past decade, who has worked under pretty exacting standards for some time now.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I think the poster is suggesting we seek to bring in Yze as an assistant, not as senior coach.

Not the worst idea I’ve heard. Someone who brings some intel from the best training and conditioning system club of the past decade, who has worked under pretty exacting standards for some time now.
So did Brendan Bolton.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
So did Brendan Bolton.
I wouldn’t say no to bringing in Brendon Bolton as an assistant either. No idea how he would go but we look so terrible that I’m up for any version of a footy department overhaul and sacking assistants is all the rage of late.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I wouldn’t say no to bringing in Brendon Bolton as an assistant either. No idea how he would go but we look so terrible that I’m up for any version of a footy department overhaul and sacking assistants is all the rage of late.

I agree I just think picking assistant coaches is completely fruitless. We have literally 0 idea which ones are good.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Dimma said hed take Bolton in a heartbeat. Just cause he didnt work at carlton as head coach under some ******* morons doesnt mean he isnt or wasnt a great assistant coach. You dont rise up to be a head coach if youve never played and dont know how to get the players playing the style the coach wants. This bullshit where oh he failed lets never try him again is ******* rubbish

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I agree I just think picking assistant coaches is completely fruitless. We have literally 0 idea which ones are good.
True.

On the other hand I think we are all starting to form a nasty suspicion about which ones aren’t that good.

So did Brendan Bolton.
There's no evidence that Brendon Bolton isn't a fantastic assistant coach. Just couldn't quite get it done as the man in charge.

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
I realise that, but I still think it's a crap shoot as to who would actually help our club and who wouldn't. You're only picking an individual element out of an entire collective - who's to say whether the element you get is actually valuable? Obviously it can be done because some clubs seem to be able to have sustained success even with constant rotations in staff.

We seem to be in a particular iteration of the multiverse in which success and the Melbourne Football Club can't coincide. Presumably it's to balance out the probabilistic forces of another universe in which we are completely invincible...

I reckon who ever the skills coach is, they are no ******* good!

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
There's no evidence that Brendon Bolton isn't a fantastic assistant coach. Just couldn't quite get it done as the man in charge.

Exactly. Theres no evidence any assistant coach is good.

May aswell list the assistants at every top 4 club then because no one here is gonna pick an assistant from a bottom 4 club despite the fact they might be a star

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
I don’t really care who we pick, but I’d like the criteria for selection to follow this;
1. Skills are poor
2. Goal kicking is poor
3. Forward pressure is poor
4. Outside game is poor

That should form part of the JD then whoever the best candidate we feel fits that description then so be it. Whether that’s Yze or Bob the builder from the VFL, I don’t mind. But let’s just identify what we need and then do an expansive search.

I realise that, but I still think it's a crap shoot as to who would actually help our club and who wouldn't. You're only picking an individual element out of an entire collective - who's to say whether the element you get is actually valuable? Obviously it can be done because some clubs seem to be able to have sustained success even with constant rotations in staff.

We seem to be in a particular iteration of the multiverse in which success and the Melbourne Football Club can't coincide. Presumably it's to balance out the probabilistic forces of another universe in which we are completely invincible...
Did you just swallow a Dictionary? :eek: :cool:

Back